IGNORED

Dean Holden on sounds of the City Monday night

Never to the dark side

Thanks for the heads up. Should be a really interesting listen. Am I right by saying this will be the first time we heard from him  about his time as Coach of Bristol City. 

He's not going to say much about it though is he. I'd be amazed if we got much more than "It was a difficult period. I'd like to have been given more time. Wish them well for the rest of the season, after Wednesday night obviously." (A "Ha, ha. Tweet your questions for Dean on twitter.." from Geoff Twentyman, who still hasn't realised the redundancy of the latter part of his tweeting instructions...)

He's not going to say much about it though is he. I'd be amazed if we got much more than "It was a difficult period. I'd like to have been given more time. Wish them well for the rest of the season, after Wednesday night obviously." (A "Ha, ha. Tweet your questions for Dean on twitter.." from Geoff Twentyman, who still hasn't realised the redundancy of the latter part of his tweeting instructions...)

Presumably any settlement agreement (assuming there was one! after his sacking would prevent him revealing too much?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperDziek said:

Presumably any settlement agreement (assuming there was one! after his sacking would prevent him revealing too much?

I'd think any contract of employment would be written on the basis that anything you are involved in or learn about viz your employment would be internal/secret, or confidential, unless otherwise agreed. Being free from the contract of employment wouldn't give you any rights to disclose anything you learned whilst under it. Probably settlement agreements serve to enforce this by the way of simple immediate financial penalty - not that this would necessarily be the end of matters. So all but the terminally stupid probably know its in their interests to keep their mouths shut at least until the memoirs are written and no one give much of a damn about things.

8 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

assistant manager of our Wednesday nights opponenents

show starts at 6pm on radio bristol

Along with City fans Ellie  Jones and Lee Pole

Don't know how you got your information @Never to the dark side, but to inform everyone that I will be on the show as well!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one this bugs!!  Why not phone in using your telephone, or send a letter using the royal mail delivery service, or come down to the BBC talk to us in person using your mouth? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one this bugs!!  Why not phone in using your telephone, or send a letter using the royal mail delivery service, or come down to the BBC talk to us in person using your mouth? 

Imagine if it was done by letter and post, for some of the 'reactionaries' on here their letter would be 'redundant by the time it arrived. Following the Posh result they would be writing about how great the spirit it and how we have an outside chance of top six and the Pearson revolution is underway, by the time it arrived they'd be drafting another saying we need a young up and coming coach, the players are spineless and we're going down to league one ?

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Just listened to it then , he sounds excited to come back on Wednesday, I hope we give him a good reception ! 

I would be amazed and disappointed if the guy didn't get a great reception. Part of the League Cup run to the semis, always great with the fans, had to deal with the worst injury list of any City manager ever and overcome horrendous personal circumstances to achieve in the game. I wouldn't care if I was stood on my own, he'll get applause from me when he enters pitchside.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Ha ha yeah, we're on the same page. I can't help it winding me up. I'm sat there thinking 'email using email, email using email.'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Chinos all round?

Deano's…Chinos…:chant6ez:

As long as we're leading by enough goals for chants not to backfire on us, I think a couple of rounds of 'Deano's chinos' would be awesome. Perhaps s82 can do the 'Deano's' and the Dolman/Rest of South Stand can do 'Chino's'. It would be doubly amazing if he happened to be wearing them.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

As long as we're leading by enough goals for chants not to backfire on us, I think a couple of rounds of 'Deano's chinos' would be awesome. Perhaps s82 can do the 'Deano's' and the Dolman/Rest of South Stand can do 'Chino's'. It would be doubly amazing if he happened to be wearing them.

That'll be fab!

• Haha 1