IGNORED

Illuminated advertising boards

Tristan Cork

I sit at the top of the lower LS, the boards are an issue, I find certain colours very distracting, the yellow and white were particularly painful, I had to put on my sunglasses, as I am very sensitive to bright light. It was slightly better last night, but still distracting. I believe, for some, the bright animated images could well induce migraine headaches. That aside, I do not pay nearly £600 a year to watch advertising hoardings, indeed as they are so annoying if I was in the market to purchase any products or services the advertisers supply I'd probably put my business elsewhere. This applies to ashton gate and all televised matches too, many England games have been particularly blighted by them 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2021 at 08:57, Tristan Cork said:

Ha ha. Now Gregor's gone I don't know who to complain to!!!
But nah, it would be better to complain to the club direct...

5 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

you alright mate? life must be dull if you screenshot my twitter page, post it here and call it 'interesting'. :laugh:

I was replying to this you freak. Any how, it’s probably in the best interest that people are aware you are a journalist. 
*Twitter as well, hun.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, James54De said:

I was replying to this you freak. Any how, it’s probably in the best interest that people are aware you are a journalist. 
*Twitter as well, hun.

Now now no need to start calling people names is there? I haven't once hidden the fact that I'm a reporter for the Post on this forum. In fact, that reply you quoted was in response to someone joking that I should complain to myself about the bright lights. I think that whole exchange maybe went over your head, perhaps?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

Now now no need to start calling people names is there? I haven't once hidden the fact that I'm a reporter for the Post on this forum. In fact, that reply you quoted was in response to someone joking that I should complain to myself about the bright lights. I think that whole exchange maybe went over your head, perhaps?

A journalist whom struggles to compose a simple sentence. Sad indictment of Reach, and perhaps, the wider news media. 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, James54De said:

*Twitter as well, hun.

I think most people would be aware that he's a journalist with the Evil Post to be fair.

Just now, James54De said:

About as well composed as anything I’ve seen written, by you, in the Post. 

Ah so you ARE a fan then. An avid reader! I knew it!
in my defence tho, all anyone has to do to see that I'm a reporter at the Post, apart from using the internet, is to click on my little badge thing on here, and it comes with all the other times people have had a go at me for being a reporter on the Post. So that might be a bit of a clue?

Just now, RedLionLad said:

Who the hell would admit to that?

Ha ha. Hello!

On 25/11/2021 at 12:36, RedLionLad said:

My problem with the illuminated signs are when they move in the same direction as the player running along the touchline.  It’s like watching Sonic the Hedgehog ?

Perhaps City could adapt this feature to their advantage. Instead of a dog running along the advertising boards, a digital image of an opposition player could be used. Maybe a bit of confusion? 

13 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

Anyhow, the good news is, the email I, and others, sent to the stadium asking them to turn the bright digital ad screens down, seems to have worked. It's been better since then. 
So there we go... 

We'd give you a medal......if we could get it over your head.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tristan Cork said:

you alright mate? life must be dull if you screenshot my twitter page, post it here and call it 'interesting'. :laugh:

Hmm, one could say that life must be dull if you resurrect threads that have been dormant for 3 weeks to have a dig at someone who perhaps had the nerve to not know who you are (no me neither).  Watch out for the stones in that glass house of yours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, red panda said:

Hmm, one could say that life must be dull if you resurrect threads that have been dormant for 3 weeks to have a dig at someone who perhaps had the nerve to not know who you are (no me neither).  Watch out for the stones in that glass house of yours.

It's a sh!t job, but someone has to do it.

19 hours ago, Tristan Cork said:

Anyhow, the good news is, the email I, and others, sent to the stadium asking them to turn the bright digital ad screens down, seems to have worked. It's been better since then. 
So there we go... 

Any chance you could email your employers and get them to update their webpage to one that can actually be read. Tell them it's 2021.