IGNORED

Sam Bell

Silvio Dante

39 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Rather him than me, Grimsby's a massive toilet

Well, the club's in Cleethorpes, not Grimsby, but it isn't compulsory to live in the place your club is named after anyway. 

If I were working there, I might move inland to the Lincolnshire countryside, but if he's a young man who wants the bright light, Sheffield would be a do-able commute. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I like loaning these young players to good clubs battling at the top of their leagues. Think it can only be good for them if they can force themselves into the squad. Towler has and if he keeps his level up you can see him going from there into our championship squad. Hopefully Bell can do the same. 

• Like 2

Great move for the lad. He's not quite at the equivalent level of Scott (who I can see getting 25-30 games this season regardless of who comes in January) and Benarous yet so get out there, hopefully score a few goals at a decent level and come back a better player. As a forward being able to go on loan to a team that is flying is all you can ask for.

Grimsby apparently being a toilet is irrelevant (they play in Cleethorpes anyway), I don't think anyone is expecting the kid to move into Grimsby's roughest Council Estate as some sort of character building exercise. Plenty of nice (albeit very flat) places in Lincolnshire!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Great move for the lad. He's not quite at the equivalent level of Scott (who I can see getting 25-30 games this season regardless of who comes in January) and Benarous yet so get out there, hopefully score a few goals at a decent level and come back a better player. As a forward being able to go on loan to a team that is flying is all you can ask for.

Grimsby apparently being a toilet is irrelevant (they play in Cleethorpes anyway), I don't think anyone is expecting the kid to move into Grimsby's roughest Council Estate as some sort of character building exercise. Plenty of nice (albeit very flat) places in Lincolnshire!!

Scott on 11 appearances already, we've only had two league squads (QPR and Fulham) where he's not been involved. 575 Championship minutes this season, and 7 games where he's played for more than 60 minutes. If he stays injury free then yep he should easily make 25 apps, possibly 30. Should finish with about 1,500 minutes under his belt I reckon.

Bell to Grimsby sounds positive. Should help him having Towler there, I quite like loaning more than one player to the same squad. Should help them a) settle in and b) learn how each other plays.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Scott on 11 appearances already, we've only had two league squads (QPR and Fulham) where he's not been involved. 575 Championship minutes this season, and 7 games where he's played for more than 60 minutes. If he stays injury free then yep he should easily make 25 apps, possibly 30. Should finish with about 1,500 minutes under his belt I reckon.

Bell to Grimsby sounds positive. Should help him having Towler there, I quite like loaning more than one player to the same squad. Should help them a) settle in and b) learn how each other plays.

I said pre-season any of the young’uns making 1000 league minutes would be a real achievement.  Scott isn’t getting cheap minutes either (as you allude to).

image.thumb.png.5b5e48b37998dab85c9e34a069c4007d.png

Apart from HNM, who I expected to play a lot, it’s really encouraging to see the minutes of the “youngsters”…Conway to join the group?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I said pre-season any of the young’uns making 1000 league minutes would be a real achievement.  Scott isn’t getting cheap minutes either (as you allude to).

image.thumb.png.5b5e48b37998dab85c9e34a069c4007d.png

Apart from HNM, who I expected to play a lot, it’s really encouraging to see the minutes of the “youngsters”…Conway to join the group?

Yeh, I think 5 or 6 younger guys regularly getting 60+ minutes is about right when thinking about a squad. I'd suggest that ideally you don't want more than 4 guys that young in the 18 on a match day, and probably only 2 should be starting if possible. Rotate 6 guys through those 4 match day spots and you should be able to keep them developing well, reward good play, and generally keep a good balance.

If those 6 were the first 5 in your list, plus Conway, I think we could be happy with that. Each would finish with something between 500 - 1,500 minutes and some 25ish appearance in the matchday 18.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think they still play 352. So I imagine will probably going to play up front.

Hurst said there is chance he could start tomorrow night even though he's only had one training session with them.

Played a back 4 virtually all season….442 / 4411.  Towler has played in a 2 (LCB2) alongside Waterfall until on bench last week.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well, the club's in Cleethorpes, not Grimsby, but it isn't compulsory to live in the place your club is named after anyway. 

If I were working there, I might move inland to the Lincolnshire countryside, but if he's a young man who wants the bright light, Sheffield would be a do-able commute. 

Yup, Grimsby Town play in Cleethorpes.

On the other hand Cleethorpes Town play in Grimsby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

One of those pictures where you can tell it's the north without knowing it's the north

Remember an old match of the day from the 80s and it was Grimsby v Watford (might’ve been FA Cup), and they had a camera shot from the air looking over the ground and the sea.  It even felt cold watching on the telly! ?

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Could be worse, he could be based in Immingham. I spent nearly 3 months one year working at this place. I have never felt so depressed in my life.

Screenshot_20211123-062736_Google.jpg

I did a project in Immingham once, not only horrible but also really, really rough. To put it in context, a colleague said "What a sh17hole that is, and I'm from Hull!" when I told him.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You obviously don’t know that Grimsby Town FC doesn’t play in Grimsby then ...

And you've obviously never been to Cleethorpes, either

• Haha 1