IGNORED

Tuesday night' s games

22A

Being the eternal optimist; City are currently on twenty points with a home game tomorrow.

Sheff U (20), PNE 21 and Brum 22 are the three teams direct;y above City. All three are away tonight.

A mid week full of home wins therefore will be most advantageous.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 22A said:

Being the eternal optimist; City are currently on twenty points with a home game tomorrow.

Sheff U (20), PNE 21 and Brum 22 are the three teams direct;y above City. All three are away tonight.

You would outshine Columbo 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 22A said:

( More Clueso than Columbo)

On the basis that Reading will drop us a place down if they win then I'd tend to disagree- we could benefit from a draw in this. Given that the home teams (except Cov) are within touching distance if we finally manage to win some games then draws for all keeps all the teams around us under similar negative pressure.

If it wasnt for the points deductions both Derby and Reading would be above us so we'd be 20th in the League. It's come to something that having a stable ownership is worth places in any Division in the EFL. 

Most likely is that we remain 18th once the entire round of midweek fixtures is completed. It's also relatively likely that we get up to 17th, or drop to 19th as Cardiff have a decent chance of points at home to Hull and Reading could well beat Sheff Utd which would take them above us on GD.

The very highest we can go is 14th because PNE and Boro play each other, so at least one will have more points than they do now. I think for us to get up to 14th we need;

Reading v Sheff Utd - Draw or Reading win

Boro v PNE - Big PNE win

Cov v Brum - Cov win

Forest v Luton - Big Luton win (say 5-0)

City v Stoke - City win by enough to overhaul Forest's new GD, requires a swing of 10, so if Forest lose 5-0 we would need to win 5-0 as well.

That would put us 14th, level on 23 points with Forest and Boro but ahead of both on GD, and 1 point behind PNE in 13th on 24 points. It is pretty unlikely to happen given the GD swings required and our tendency to score just 1 or 2 goals a game.

2021-11-23-101.png

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nurse has been playing LCB regularly of late.

Aye but Ebanks-Landell and Pierre - 2 big ball winning lumps - both missing. Bit like saying - not to worry that Baker and Atkinson are missing cos Pring can play alongside Kalas! 

Elliot Bennett also missing for Shrewbury. 

Think Cotts is staring at a long old season up there. 

• Like 1

Treble Double Barrelled defence! 

I was looking through the games tonight and had a look at the Torquay game away to Aldershot. Aldershot have Kodi Lyons-Foster playing in defence alongside Oxlade-Chamberlains brother. That's a bit of a mouthful for any commentator anyway, but the KL-F was replaced by Berkeley-Agyepong! I was thinking that they should play a back 3 (or 6 maybe :) ).

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Treble Double Barrelled defence! 

I was looking through the games tonight and had a look at the Torquay game away to Aldershot. Aldershot have Kodi Lyons-Foster playing in defence alongside Oxlade-Chamberlains brother. That's a bit of a mouthful for any commentator anyway, but the KL-F was replaced by Berkeley-Agyepong! I was thinking that they should play a back 3 (or 6 maybe :) ).

Just wait till the next generation. They'll have double double barrelled names ?

• Like 1