IGNORED

Stoke City at home match-day thread

Jerseybean

Stoke played in one of the dullest kits you are likely to see and their performance matched it.

With the possession they had, we should have been well beaten but this team has found a new strength. We still make too many mistakes, can't keep the ball for lengthy spells but there is a spirit in the play now.

COYREDS!

15 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

This for me suns up stokes night perfectly

20211125_082231_1.gif

Love the guy at the back!

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

How odd, that's exactly what Mrs Slarti said this morning, in bed !

Oops sorry, didn't realise you were there!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DownendStokie said:

Well I thought I’d better stick my head up over the parapet!

I thought we were by far the better side up to the goal - and yes, being done by a long throw is really annoying!

After that we really didn’t get going again and as the game went on your players seemed to grow in confidence and belief. If Romaine Sawyers had half of that we might have done a bit better!

I thought we should have had a pen for your defender climbing all over Ostigard and the challenge on Vrancic could easily have been a straight red. Your penalty shout for handball in the first half was at the other end of the ground so no idea on that one. Allen's red was thoroughly deserved.

A minimum of 9 minutes added time but we only played 7?

Overall a typical championship game that on another day we could have won comfortably but that's football. Hopefully we get a bit of revenge at our place.

Good luck for the rest of the season 👍

You're not the only Stokie in Bristol.

Just ask Harry and Bradley.

Oh yeh, and there's also the Bishop.

• Haha 1

Great result, Battling performance.

The fearless youngsters coming through are a refreshing breath of fresh air.

I hope they maintain their passion, enthusiasm and energy whilst developing their footballing brains and reading of the game and opportunities.

As Pring might say "Cam on you Reds!"

4 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Some notable absentees on the forum today. Hope they're alright.

I wouldn't like to think they only want to talk when we lose.

These things take time. Trust in Nigel.

I do wonder whether a small minority of our "fans" genuinely hate football including Bristol City FC and literally only get enjoyment out of slagging the Manager, players and the club off? Is it because of the money the players earn and there is a bit of jealousy in there, is their opinion so important to them that they would rather see us lose to prove themselves right than the be happy at club winning, is it because they are high flyers in life and the club cannot meet their massively high standards or are they just miserable bastards who have such a horrible and/or sad life that they cannot even enjoy a win with everyone else? We all like a good moan from time to time but surely after a game like last night you have to enjoy the moment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I do wonder whether a small minority of our "fans" genuinely hate football including Bristol City FC and literally only get enjoyment out of slagging the Manager, players and the club off? Is it because of the money the players earn and there is a bit of jealousy in there, is their opinion so important to them that they would rather see us lose to prove themselves right than the be happy at club winning, is it because they are high flyers in life and the club cannot meet their massively high standards or are they just miserable bastards who have such a horrible and/or sad life that they cannot even enjoy a win with everyone else? We all like a good moan from time to time but surely after a game like last night you have to enjoy the moment.

I think some just like the attention, even if it’s just ridicule, so they’ll deliberately be controversial.

I’m actually surprised that mug from Hampshire hasn’t been on here, banging on about us being so lucky last night that it doesn’t even count as a win and Pearson should still go!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Can't speak for the rest but I'm told I'm just a miserable bastard (according to Mrs Cheese).

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

They appreciate their players' tactical knowledge, though.

'clever by Allen, adds 30 seconds doesn't it........'

I think the ref actually deducted 30 seconds for the red. He blew the whistle at little over 8.5 minutes injury time.

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think the ref actually deducted 30 seconds for the red. He blew the whistle at little over 8.5 minutes injury time.

You’re spot on - being a bit of a nerd regarding attention to detail - I had to look back, the ref blew the final whistle after 8 mins and 38 secs of the allotted 9 mins added on time ... 😳🍷

• Like 1

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’re spot on - being a bit of a nerd regarding attention to detail - I had to look back, the ref blew the final whistle after 8 mins and 38 secs of the allotted 9 mins added on time ... 😳🍷

Yeah, I was delighted about that!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mozo said:

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I suspect the Stoke fan was being somewhat sarcastic/facetious.

I certainly was 😀.

• Thanks 1