IGNORED

Sky Commentary

Antman

8 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Got bored of hearing how young Tyman is (he's 22 btw). Have they done any homework on the team in Red?

Yes they have - cos apparently they talked up our academy, and the fact we have three young academy graduates on the pitch, a few times ... they even mentioned the fact that Scott hasn’t passed his driving test yet ... no need to be biased if you are accusing the commentators of being just that ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes they have - cos apparently they talked up our academy, and the fact we have three young academy graduates on the pitch, a few times ...

Fair enough. The benefits of watching the game with concentration all over the place whilst having Covid. My bottle of choice tonight is a bottle of Kombucha

• Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

I don't have an issue with the commentators but I do think it is a reality check as to where we now are. Neutrals expect top six teams to comfortably beat us. I'd like us to prove them wrong and get to a point where people expect us to win games but I'm not going to hold it against the commentators for being honest about where we currently stand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair, for 90% of the game they have been streets ahead of us 

As for the penalty shout….no way was that a pen 

90% is ott. First half maybe but no way were they the better side second half. As the commentators said as well we deserved the result after 99 mins ?

36 minutes ago, Super said:

We get this same thread every time. Some just want to find something to moan about. Enjoy the win.

Its true though haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Got bored of hearing how young Tyman is (he's 22 btw). Have they done any homework on the team in Red?

And Scott came out well on top imho.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes they have - cos apparently they talked up our academy, and the fact we have three young academy graduates on the pitch, a few times ... they even mentioned the fact that Scott hasn’t passed his driving test yet ... no need to be biased if you are accusing the commentators of being just that ...

Maybe he has….and not told Andi!!!

• Haha 1

Sky's commentators and pundits pretty much all do my head in, but for me Andy Hinchcliffe takes the biscuit.

"As you can see, he's not offside" etc etc when half the time the ****** IS off.

Sky, BT and BBC TV coverage all gets on my tits. Radio commentaries are far better if you can't be there, including R. Bristol's since Owers and Honor have been co-commentators.

Luckily, I was there tonight as I am for all the home games.

Really enjoyed it, so **** Sky and their big boys club.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Agree, the commentary from both contributors has been truly awful and clearly biased to Stoke.

That being said, still better than Martin Tyler who doesn’t actually bother to commentate on the action anymore, he just offers inane drivel in the vague guise of commentary. 

Rubbish. Not biased at all. Can’t believe you’re having a go at MT, a true legend. Football commentary is not easy. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hollydog said:

Rubbish. Not biased at all. Can’t believe you’re having a go at MT, a true legend. Football commentary is not easy. 

Football commentary (i.e. stating what is happening) is easy.

Passing an unbiased opinion is what many so called commentators find difficult!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair, for 90% of the game they have been streets ahead of us 

As for the penalty shout….no way was that a pen 

90%?? did you watch all of the game? I thought we were easily the best side after the first 30 mins and were in complete control for most of the last 20 were we watching the same game?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, pillred said:

90%?? did you watch all of the game? I thought we were easily the best side after the first 30 mins and were in complete control for most of the last 20 were we watching the same game?

Agree, if I had to score it, they won the first 30, we won the middle 35, then won the next 25, we win injury time.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, if I had to score it, they won the first 30, we won the middle 35, then won the next 25, we win injury time.

First time in quite a while I never felt we sat back, a massive shift in the way we saw out the last 15 mins I genuinely feel tonight might just be a turning point the light is shining brightly at the end of that tunnel and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. 

• Like 1