IGNORED

Scott and Benarous

Globe Trotter

Just now, Littlesh*t said:

They are both clearly classy players but what impressed me more than anything was the time wasting, tackles and general winding up of there players which I didn't expect from 2 young lads 

Benarous is a complete pain in the arse and I am loving every second of it!

Won't be the last time he gets someone sent off I am sure.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

Fantastic performance both. I genuinely think their courage and fearlessness in the midst of the battering we were getting at the start helped them more senior players grow in confidence.

100% effort and plenty of skill , Top job! 

Benarous showing other ‘flair’ players how to put a shift in and show commitment. 

• Like 14

Both played well. But Benarous in particular impresses me. A real swagger, a confidence in his ability on the ball, happy to hand out some stick, ball manipulation in tight areas, has time on the ball & knows how to draw a foul when we needed a breather. Really impressed & I have high hopes for him in particular. COYR 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Benarous showing exactly what we have missed for 18months. Ability to keep the ball in tight spaces, and a desire to be a winner at all costs. Unreal it’s taken a 18 y/o to show our older lads how’s its done, but there you go! 

He certainly has form for being able to keep the ball - granted this is from 5 years ago so only 12 or 13, but you can see his talent on the ball.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKwF4DUAwdT/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 2

Both are fantastic talents. 

Really impressed with how they have made the step up. I hope they will remain with us for many years to come. 

Benarous' composure during injury time was incredible. The calmest player on the pitch, making all the correct decisions, and forcing Stoke into challenges. 

Huge credit to both of them tonight. 

Also great to see the players praise Benarous at the final whistle. 

Up the City! 

15 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

They are both clearly classy players but what impressed me more than anything was the time wasting, tackles and general winding up of there players which I didn't expect from 2 young lads 

Spot on but it's their mental strength that also impresses me. On another night with another ref than Langford  Scott may have seen red rather than yellow but his booking didn't stop his commitment. Benarous did well to make sure that Joe Allen was Langfords first red card of the season but he too will pick up bookings along the way. The kids are alright but let's not get carried away just yet. I suspect they may drop back to the bench once James and King are fit. 

• Like 2