IGNORED

Scott and Benarous

Globe Trotter

29 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

Fantastic performance both. I genuinely think their courage and fearlessness in the midst of the battering we were getting at the start helped them more senior players grow in confidence.

100% effort and plenty of skill , Top job! 

Glad to see a thread started on both. Such a huge positive tonight. Both exceptional in and out of possession and looked like seasoned pros. Different class.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

They’ll have bad days ahead I’m sure, but how amazing it is to see a couple of players who grab your attention as soon as they get the ball. 

I bet they’ll be reading this thread tonight absolutely buzzing

Nah not tonight; well past their bedtime

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Both played well. But Benarous in particular impresses me. A real swagger, a confidence in his ability on the ball, happy to hand out some stick, ball manipulation in tight areas, has time on the ball & knows how to draw a foul when we needed a breather. Really impressed & I have high hopes for him in particular. COYR 

Agree with this. Flair plus strength, commitment and bite. A joy to watch. And even more impressive that for someone new to the pace of the Championship he was still doing it in the 99th minute. 

Appreciate that it's a bold comparison to make but I see Benarous as a Grealish type player.

Good on the ball, antagonistic, knows just how to draw a foul, constantly wants the ball.

Really good to have someone genuinely exciting as a city fan.

As a team tonight, I thought they ran themselves into the ground.

Weimann always runs like a lunatic but Chris Martin tonight was like a different player.

Great team effort and hopefully the start of a good Xmas run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniro said:

Agree they were both brilliant but as the Stoke manager just pointed out, Scott was a bit lucky not to get a red card for that tackle.   That said Allen should have got a red instead of the first yellow so guess its even stevens

A tackle versus a cynical kick. I know which one deserves more. Admittedly Allen did yet punished for 2 cynicals 

If Bakinson and Vyner can turn their careers around now and win us all over, then to have Scott, Benarous, and hopefully Conway, Bell and one or two others come through...it would be a team to be proud of.

Edit: Pring too, mind...

Edited by mozo
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, tin said:

Benarous showed maturity beyond his years in the closing stages. Both he and Scott’s work-rate shone through for me. That sets the standard for all to follow.

They were standout for me.slowing it drawing fouls etc seeing a game out which seniors struggle with .Big shout for Martin too worked his socks off.

• Like 1

Both look great tonight after pretty good games against Blackburn. 

They both look like they can be in around the team this season. 

If Seymenyo could get some consistency and add a few goals then add Tanner and Atkinson who continue to develop we could have a decent bunch to build a few more senior players around.

Also I think you can put HNM & Bakinson into perspective. The 2 kids look way in-front of both of them in terms of both ability and potential.

I know It’s not popular re HNM. I won’t him to do well but just can see how he impacts the game enough.

Great game from both of them, but Benarous looks like a player who is not afraid to play the dark arts of the game. There will be times he doesn't get away with it, but for far too long we have been soft, and naive. We finally look like we're starting to wise up a lot, and that alone will help to see out games, much like tonight. 

Yes Scott could have been sent off, but we could have had a penalty in the first half, I've seen them given.

20 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I echo all the praise. Fantastic from them both. And what a carrot for the other talented players in the academy that there is a genuine pathway. Well done to all involved in their development. ???

And at risk of stating the obvious, without endless loans (which can be the right thing, just good to see a couple not need them) and straight into Championship football, which whilst not always technically stunning, is a number of light years ahead of the park kick around nonsense found in depths of League Two. Shows the academy really firing these days, fair play to all involved. 

Exceptional performances from both of them.

Was fully expecting both of them to be subbed off, but circumstances meant that couldn’t happen, incredible effort by both of them to complete the 90 (+8) minutes & still be fully contributing, superb displays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

Proud to support a club who actually let's them play. Perhaps brought about by circumstances, but still credit to the club for trusting them.

A lot of clubs talk the talk about their youth academies but rarely do you actually see players given a decent chance.

I really think Nige has thought “f##k it”, he tried to senior players last season before giving the youngsters their head….and I get the impression he’s decided the youngsters are capable enough with the right players around them.  King and James in particular maybe not that far away either.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I thought Scott did really well, even if he had to do a lot more defending than is probably natural for him. 

My MOTM.  Thought he did exactly what you want a WB to do.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Been convinced for years that Benarous would leave us for a bigger team before we ever saw him in the first team. Absolutely delighted that’s not the case. 

Him & Scott putting in performances like that for 99 minutes at this level is outstanding 

Benarous grew into the game again.  Him and Scott in the last 15-20 were bloody brilliant.  Wanted the ball in tight areas, drew tackles, and got fouls.  Don’t forget the 2 mins first half…101 minutes!

• Like 4

Despite Benarous and arguably Scott being flair players and more renowned for attacking and taking on players, I love how stuck in they get and the energy they show to chase the game and close down players. Benarous epitomised that right at the end chasing down a player to block a cross coming in. Fantastic to see and long may they stay in the first team lineup

• Like 2