IGNORED

Scott and Benarous

Globe Trotter

3 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Good performance from both, not sure if Scott is the answer longer term at RWB/without some adaptations to his defensive positioning & play, but an immense talent.

Yes both top performers showed great temperament and wonderful determination to do what was required for the team. Do agree I do not see Scott as a RWB without learning a heap of defensive skill and awarenesses. And would like to mention Massengo. Who I felt when he came on was so disruptive to Stokes midfield. He always seemed to be getting his foot in or blocking their attempted advancing intentions. But my hat off to all who played tonight and the fans at the gate. I took the easy warm option tonite and watched on sky .

COYR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

Proud to support a club who actually let's them play. Perhaps brought about by circumstances, but still credit to the club for trusting them.

A lot of clubs talk the talk about their youth academies but rarely do you actually see players given a decent chance.

On this note - I think it has to be said - Fairplay to Nige.

For all the talk that LJ gave younger players a chance and we profited, the only one who wasn't playing first team football at the point he introduced them to the squad was Kelly(?) unless I'm mistaken. Not countin Brownhill as he knew him before he joined us.

To take the risk implenting and trusting two academy players on the right hand side - never mind on the pitch at the same time - could've been pretty huge if it backfired, both against Blackburn and again today.

It did not. ? Both of them heart-on-sleave stuff and repaying NP's trust. Back the process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

And to think there were some on here advocating shutting the Academy !!

There are more like these two coming through, not this season but next.

The only way we will ever be a financially self sufficient club.

Bonkers.

On the pitch at the end:

Scott (18j

Vyner (24)

Atkinson (23)

Pring (23)

a midfield of:

Bakinson (23) - thought he struggled with the ball but his defensive positioning is improving massively 

Massengo (20)

Benarous (18)

I know not all are Academy, but shows good youngsters can be good enough.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Shades of 82 tonight. Young lads playing their hearts out. Roared on by the crowd. 

Loved it. More of the same please Nige. 

Going back a bit further and Scott and Benarous are reminding me of the way that Gow and Tainton were such a big influence in the 1970's.

They'll make mistakes but they will get more right than wrong.

And a big thanks to all the others this evening with a special mention for Chris Martin who worked so hard and was still pressing til the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Globe Trotter said:

Fantastic performance both. I genuinely think their courage and fearlessness in the midst of the battering we were getting at the start helped them more senior players grow in confidence.

100% effort and plenty of skill , Top job! 

I'm sure you feel the same as me, with both of those plus HNM  and Joe Williams and Semenyo this club is only going one way and it ain't to league one, for the first time in a long time I'm actually optimistic that we could have a team we can all be proud of, we have waited long enough but after tonight the wait looks like it might have been worth it.     

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Going back a bit further and Scott and Benarous are reminding me of the way that Gow and Tainton were such a big influence in the 1970's.

They'll make mistakes but they will get more right than wrong.

And a big thanks to all the others this evening with a special mention for Chris Martin who worked so hard and was still pressing til the end.

Thought he got better in the last 20+9 minutes.

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Plus Alex Scott’s corners and free kicks Han Solo Ok GIF

Matty James isn’t getting back on them is he?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Henry said:

That’s why Palmer can’t make the 18.

This is opinion. It's also The Truth. Hallelujah, brother.

Benarous is half Algerian = he's our very own Zidane! If he's this good after 2 games, well who  knows ...  

He's virtually our best player already which is both sad and amazing at the same time.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Both played well. But Benarous in particular impresses me. A real swagger, a confidence in his ability on the ball, happy to hand out some stick, ball manipulation in tight areas, has time on the ball & knows how to draw a foul when we needed a breather. Really impressed & I have high hopes for him in particular. COYR 

Think Benarous might just be The Kiddie. Has half a yard of pace which makes him better than Scott imo.

Scott ain't bad himself mind, he's just not a wing back - or Jack Grealish, so stop with that obsession ffs young man. Try modelling yerself on Trevor Tainton instead - neat and tidy, 400+ games, no daft haircut or alice band required.

The future's bright, the future's Eamonn Belarus. Until we sell him.

In the summer, probably.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

8 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Anyone else think the club has uncovered the next 2 assets that can be sold for big money to reinvest in the team?

Hope they both stay for a long time and we can build around them. Also what a boost it must be to the other youngsters.

I think we need to build around them. Hopefully the “player trading” philosophy that SL and MA were so fond of, has been tweaked somewhat so we are actually able to progress. It just needs better application and more forethought

• Like 1