IGNORED

Scott and Benarous

Globe Trotter

19 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Incredible.

I said bring off Benarous on about 70. Haha how wrong was I!

Benarous and Scott looked our most calm, experienced players at the end. They got better and better the longer they were on the pitch.

In the last 10-20 they only smashed it long if there was no other way of playing football. The first thought was not to panic.

I would imagine the unsung development coaches should take a lot of credit for that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Not sure been mentioned, but listening to Gary Owers on way to game, and general comments here, where is Scott’s best position.  
while he was rather decent last night at WB where do we see his best position in the   longer term .  

A role in central midfield or as a 10, he's been played wide before but he's best in the middle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The thing that i've enjoyed most about Bennarous is his imputance.

He loves winding up opposition players, and drawing the fouls. The second yellow card for Allen being a case in point. Whilst putting himself around, and not allowing other to boss him.

I really believed that Scott and Benerous would blow up Pring style in the second half due to their two games in 4 days; and the amount of work that were having to do. However in some ways they grew stronger in the last 15-20 mins. Really impressive.

It says alot about the squad though that it takes an 18 & 19 year old to lead by example over determination, and shear will power.

A big shout out to Scott as well. When he was subbed after 30 mins, and dropped from the squad. He could have moaned, and gone backwards.

He seems to have done the opposite though, and come back stronger and more determined to make the right impression. It says alot about the imbalance in the squad at the moment. That alongside COD he is being asked to do defensive duties that aren't second nature to him.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t think impossible to turn down. Obviously we have gotten really good deals for those you mentioned and if we get similar for our younger now then fair enough.

I do think younger players are a bit smarter or managed better now though. You see a lot more young english players going abroad to get minutes. Even Massengo to us to get more minutes. I think minutes are much more valuable than money early in the career now. Players are getting good minutes in the championship now up to about 21 and then they are making premier league moves. 

Anyway was bit of a ramble. We do need to build a successful side to keep them but that goes for all our best players. That is how I am basing it when I say we can keep them for 2-3 years. That we go from what we are this season to hopefully top half/playoff push to promotion contenders(playoffs). I am just saying championship is more than good enough to develop in into your early 20s. 

Nige on point!

image.thumb.png.61648a4bdb1fea49d953fad360eb7b52.png

• Like 5

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I said on a chat about us selling players that we have to get a group together at the right time. If we can keep and improve this group, add a couple, then maybe ......

Masengo, Atkinso, Tanner, Scott, Benarous, Semenyo, Bakinson, Pring, Williams, OLeary, Cundy, Conway. That's a decent list of young talented players. If we could keep these for maybe 18 months 2 years, add some quality experience, then who knows. 

Additionally, DaSilva though not academy based, is only 23 I believe- or has that ship sailed for now?

Bentley, Kalas, James, Weimann are all of a relevant age to keep for a few more years IMO- arguably outfield players hit peak years around late 20's- that forms a part of the spine. Goalkeepers can play at a high level until mid to late 30's traditionally, some they can peak around 30. Baker also 30 IIRC? Martin I like but he's 32 isn't he? How many more years etc?

Towler and Bell, will be interesting to see how they do at Grimsby and in subsequent development loans if they are required. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Nige on point!

image.thumb.png.61648a4bdb1fea49d953fad360eb7b52.png

Shame he didn't finish with,

"speaking of assets, I'm pleased to announce that Han-Noah has signed a four year extension to his current deal which really shows the ambition of the club and the faith that the lad has in us."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mozo said:

Shame he didn't finish with,

"speaking of assets, I'm pleased to announce that Han-Noah has signed a four year extension to his current deal which really shows the ambition of the club and the faith that the lad has in us."

That’s next week.

(I just made that up)

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

You can't both say next week and expect me to not get my hopes up!

Merde.

Is this the point I use the ? emoji!!!

Seriously, I have no idea….although Richard Gould did at least mention Han the other week.

• Haha 1

On 24/11/2021 at 23:35, glynriley said:

Shades of 82 tonight. Young lads playing their hearts out. Roared on by the crowd. 

Loved it. More of the same please Nige. 

We have some very promising talent, Benarous, Scott, Bakinson, Tanner, Atkinson, Massengo. Slowly green shoots are shining through after years of waste. 

Folks need to remember these players may blow hot and cold due to their inexperience at this level but a solid season behind them we will have a good foundation to move this squad forward.

Just need a bit of patience when they struggle a little and would welcome similar signings in January, young hungry talent over the likes of Palmer and Wells. 

Edited by Dynamite Red