IGNORED

Finally - A "lucky" result

LondonBristolian

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I think our biggest stroke of luck last night was the penalty NOT given for the Massengo 'incident'. IMHO it was a much stronger call than our own handball shout earlier. 

I always shout for handball - well why not? Influences some refs - but tonight I thought that was a genuine one.

Raised his hand as the ball approached and deflected away a ball heading towards his 6-yard box. That arm was not "in a natural position".

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I always shout for handball - well why not? Influences some refs - but tonight I thought that was a genuine one.

Raised his hand as the ball approached and deflected away a ball heading towards his 6-yard box. That arm was not "in a natural position".

Technically both incidents should have resulted in penalties. 
The reason I felt that the handball incident was a weaker call than the Massengo incident was that the handball was clearly accidental. It hit his hand and put the ball out of play, but it was unintentional. 
Massengo’s foul however was 100% intentional - he had no intention of playing the ball - it was a deliberate foul in the box. 

Like I said, technically they should BOTH have been penalties because even accidental handballs are penalised now, but I felt it was a lesser offence because the intention was not there. 

• Like 1