IGNORED

Home Atmosphere

BCFC Rich

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Felt and sounded better than Barnsley. Still not a good performance yet here we are- 3 points nicked from a side who are near the top.

We have a team capable of competing at the right end of the table.

It certainly wasn’t perfect but I think that’s harsh to say it wasn’t a “good” performance. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

All the shithousery and play acting from Stoke, them picking on Alex and Ayman etc made for an exciting atmosphere. 
we ran at them a lot more too, always more exciting to get behind than head tennis or sideways passing

I don’t think there was much play acting to be fair, we just got stuck in for once

2 of the lengthy head treatments were blood related, Fletcher you could tell was in discomfort - you could see him wince when he struck a shot shortly after

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t think there was much play acting to be fair, we just got stuck in for once

Yep, and that was pretty much Nige was referring to post match. I also liked his comment that ‘we are a club in transition” Good to hear the manager say that - hopefully that’ll convince the doubters that we all need to be patient.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep, and that was pretty much Nige was referring to post match. I also liked his comment that ‘we are a club in transition” Good to hear the manager say that - hopefully that’ll convince the doubters that we all need to be patient.

Keep winning and the doubters will have nothing to really moan about about except the way we play.

It just goes to show that when the players are determined and show that they care, the fans respond.

I was nervous as hell in the last part of the game, but I also loved the atmosphere. Especially because we had young players out there scrapping for every ball. That’s what football is all about. 

• Like 3

Master stroke to now be defending the South Stand goal in the second halves.

For years, we were good at home, so used that end to push for a winning goal at the end of a game. Now it is more likely a case of hanging on, so ends reversed... I think it has made the difference

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

image.jpeg.7caea6d4d8d8df7b6dbc24467b2c6504.jpeg

Nice feedback from one Stoke fan at least ! 

they were very quiet .. thank god,  as I can’t stand their fascination with singing Delilah .. it still bugs me after our game at Wembley all those years ago that they sang it .. 

My first city match as it happens! Remember that dodgy finish. Always remember we were in a pub after just outside London and we were mooned by a couple of stoke city fans outside. They soon shat thenselves when a few city boys ran at them.

• Haha 1

Let’s be honest. It was pretty quiet for most of the game and then got loud in the last 10-15 minutes. 

Might help if “oooh Bristol City” isn’t sang by 50 people for about 20 minutes. 
That simply isn’t a song that ‘goes round the ground’ as it were. And it absolutely definitely shouldn’t be the first song sang after a goal, like it was last night.
A goal should be followed by the traditional ‘la la la la la la la City’. Then maybe a ‘we love you city, we do’. The go-to song immediately after a goal absolutely shouldn’t be that bloody ‘oooh Bristol City, la la la la oooh’. That simply won’t travel round the ground. 
A few more ‘cmon you reds’ ‘red army’ ‘Ole ole ole’ ‘clap clap, clap clap clap, City’ would be much better at getting all of the ground joining in. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Let’s be honest. It was pretty quiet for most of the game and then got loud in the last 10-15 minutes. 

That simply isn’t a song that ‘goes round the ground’ as it were. And it absolutely definitely shouldn’t be the first song sang after a goal, like it was last night.
A goal should be followed by the traditional ‘la la la la la la la City’. Then maybe a ‘we love you city, we do’. The go-to song immediately after a goal absolutely shouldn’t be that bloody ‘oooh Bristol City, la la la la oooh’. That simply won’t travel round the ground. 
A few more ‘cmon you reds’ ‘red army’ ‘Ole ole ole’ ‘clap clap, clap clap clap, City’ would be much better at getting all of the ground joining in. 

Be good if we had the old Atyeo band back.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

And also would be good if we do sing more than 2 times the line.

Come on you reds, come on you reds. Ends. Dire. Doesn't give time for other stands to sing.

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Be good if we had the old Atyeo band back.

I used to be one of the main ‘song starters’ but I’ve moved up to the family stand now. 
I know all the guys who are currently in and around the drum and they do a sterling job and really do try hard, but I do wish they’d get back to more of a mix of songs rather than just ‘oooh Bristol City’. 
We used to have numerous songs, sung numerous times each game - Drink up thee cider, Because of Saturday, Cider drinker, etc. It seems that the ‘thing’ nowadays is not to have numerous shorter songs, but to have one or two lengthy repetitive songs. 
They have their place, of course, but I just wish there was still much more of a mix. 

And timing is so important too. After a goal (and indeed at the final whistle last night), the go-to song shouldn’t be ‘oooh Bristol City’. 
At those times, the go-to song needs to be something that encompasses the whole stadium. 
The ‘lengthier’ songs also don’t allow for spontaneity. I’ve seen so many times where something ‘catalytic’ has happened on the pitch, ie a corner, a save etc, and instead of a song in reaction to that, the repetitive ‘ooh Bristol City’ or ‘Just can’t get enough’ song is continued. 

So, in summary, I think there needs to be a better mix of the older ‘short sharp’ songs and the new ‘lengthy repetitive’ songs. And also more reaction to what’s actually happening on the pitch. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I used to be one of the main ‘song starters’ but I’ve moved up to the family stand now. 
I know all the guys who are currently in and around the drum and they do a sterling job and really do try hard, but I do wish they’d get back to more of a mix of songs rather than just ‘oooh Bristol City’. 
We used to have numerous songs, sung numerous times each game - Drink up thee cider, Because of Saturday, Cider drinker, etc. It seems that the ‘thing’ nowadays is not to have numerous shorter songs, but to have one or two lengthy repetitive songs. 
They have their place, of course, but I just wish there was still much more of a mix. 

And timing is so important too. After a goal (and indeed at the final whistle last night), the go-to song shouldn’t be ‘oooh Bristol City’. 
At those times, the go-to song needs to be something that encompasses the whole stadium. 
The ‘lengthier’ songs also don’t allow for spontaneity. I’ve seen so many times where something ‘catalytic’ has happened on the pitch, ie a corner, a save etc, and instead of a song in reaction to that, the repetitive ‘ooh Bristol City’ or ‘Just can’t get enough’ song is continued. 

So, in summary, I think there needs to be a better mix of the older ‘short sharp’ songs and the new ‘lengthy repetitive’ songs. And also more reaction to what’s actually happening on the pitch. 

These short songs are still sung but don’t get joined in by the masses the longer songs give people more time to join in. In all honestly who really cares we created a good atmosphere so what does it matter? 

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2021 at 12:37, Selred said:

Come on you reds, come on you reds. Ends. Dire. Doesn't give time for other stands to sing.

Absolutely agree with this. Seen a YouTube vid of Ashton Gate chanting this for ages. I try to keep it going but end up being the only one doing it after 2 'come on you reds' 

On 25/11/2021 at 11:59, Harry said:

In fairness that chant was going around nicely! Loud and clear.

I agree about the timings of songs and mixing it up though. 

On 25/11/2021 at 12:37, Selred said:

Agreed. There's a strong group, full of seemingly misplaced confidence, that start quite loudly, but peter out with apparent bashful embarrassment, when it's soon realised there's more listening/lip-syncing than joining in!