IGNORED

COD

cityexile

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is….we have a year option though.  If we want to keep him, suspect we will want to cut his wages back a bit in the current climate.  Similar situation to Weimann.

What do you think they earn, Dave?

I wouldn't have expected Callum's wages to be too high. Andreas I can see why they may be.

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Depends how he plays for the rest of the season. No idea how much he is on but he may well justify another year 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

18 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

What do you think they earn, Dave?

I wouldn't have expected Callum's wages to be too high. Andreas I can see why they may be.

Pure guesswork….but bearing in mind he signed a deal at an optimum time for him (and agent), I reckon he’s on somewhere between £12-15k p.w.

And I think that’s a bit OTT in the current climate.  Of course if he keeps up current form he will strengthen his position.  But up until recent performances I don’t think you’d want to pay him anywhere near that.

But as I said, I speculating.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Complete guesswork on my part but I can imagine a scenario where Curtis played the “Ireland international” motivational card. Just piecing together a couple of things I’ve heard/read recently from them both and jumping to my own conclusions.

I wondered the same thing and if Nige has backed him on some internal issues he might have had, he is being treated as a senior pro, doing the press conferences and trying to get his own thoughts across to the group and is taking that leadership opportunity.

He is no longer the young one for the future. I think he is our longest serving current player as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Has not had a lot of love from us over the years, often with reason, so worth a shout out I thought for his efforts the last two games.

Not his natural position, but cannot fault his attitude and commitment these last two matches. Has played a full part in both results and does not look out of place at all in that role. Must know he has not performed as he has wanted over the past few seasons, but has shown some real character recently.

Long may it continue.

Maybe after years of trying we’ve finally found his natural position 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

MoM for me.

And me, and that's from someone whose last post about this player stated, basically, he should bugger off. ASAP.

So first things first, tonight Callum you were excellent. Carrying the ball forward with intent, driving the opposition backwards, putting  in some excellent crosses. And in defending and tracking Stoke's wide players you were switched on, diligent, resilient.

Well played.

In contrast, to see how not to play this position - an attacking player asked to play an unfamilair wide role - see Alex Scott who was constantly caught out of position/unaware.

Now here's the question Callum - are you a p***k teaser?

Or are you actually, for once, going to back up tonight's excellent performance by playing to this level over and over again. 

Because that's what it requires to call yourself a footballer, that's what it takes to get 20,000 people at Ashton Gate behind you - tonight's excellent performance  over and over and over and over, week in week out. Not just once in a blue moon or when you feel like it.

It's up to you.

Are you a man or mouse, son?

And for the avoidance of doubt, I like Alex Scott very much. Just not as a defensively clueless wing back. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Confused 1

Wingers have been a dying breed for a long time.  I've always thought that COD could offer something more as a wingback.  His pace alone is something that would enable him to fulfil that roll very well, though of course, he needs to work on those defensive skills.  Looked very decent in that role tonight in my View.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Very very happy to see him improving.  Got a lot more performances like tonight to get him back into credit for me but long may these performances continue.  

Agreed mate. 

He had a good first half on Saturday and a good whole game last night but let’s not pretend that makes up for five and a half years of under achievement and mediocrity. 

Maybe this is the turning point for him and as I said at the weekend perhaps Nige and Williams can get something out of him for the longer term now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

I am far far from his biggest fan, but we may just have found his position. His enthusiasm suggests he is also enjoying the new position . A very pleasing development . He was really excellent. 

Sometimes it's a case of getting the player to buy into a role too. CO'D, has always given the impression he would rather play as a winger or even as an Attacking Midfielder, but it looks like he has embraced this role.

Do the ROI play with wingbacks?, that might help.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

I am far far from his biggest fan, but we may just have found his position. His enthusiasm suggests he is also enjoying the new position . A very pleasing development . He was really excellent. 

I agree BW. Thought he was excellent. Some of his crossing was brilliant. The late one when Martin missed his diving header for example. He certainly looks to be enjoying it. He looks full of confidence and not the hesitant safety first player that lets the game pass him by and gets everyone’s back up.

The position seems to suit him in terms of his attributes, pace and athleticism, but there is more to it than that. You have to applaud the coaching staff and Nige for bringing this out of him. Two good games in a row!! If he can keep it up he will be in a strong position when we try and renegotiate his contract.

6 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And me, and that's from someone whose last post about this player stated, basically, he should bugger off. ASAP.

So first things first, tonight Callum you were excellent. Carrying the ball forward with intent, driving the opposition backwards, putting  in some excellent crosses. And in defending and tracking Stoke's wide players you were switched on, diligent, resilient.

Well played.

In contrast, to see how not to play this position - an attacking player asked to play an unfamilair wide role - see Alex Scott who was constantly caught out of position/unaware.

Now here's the question Callum - are you a p***k teaser?

Or are you actually, for once, going to back up tonight's excellent performance by playing to this level over and over again. 

Because that's what it requires to call yourself a footballer, that's what it takes to get 20,000 people at Ashton Gate behind you - tonight's excellent performance  over and over and over and over, week in week out. Not just once in a blue moon or when you feel like it.

It's up to you.

Are you a man or mouse, son?

And for the avoidance of doubt, I like Alex Scott very much. Just not as a defensively clueless wing back. 

You expect COD to put in MOTM performances every week? Harsh levels.  

Hopefully your post was tongue in cheek regarding the man and mouse stuff. 

Most fans don’t see it with COD but like I will always say, every club manager has always picked him. Pearson is the latest.  The abuse he has had is insane. Maybe if he hadn’t delayed his contract then fans would see it differently.  

• Like 1