IGNORED

Foul Throw? - One for the Refs on Here

Port Said Red

Since Kalas has been taking his long throws I have been saying that nearly everyone has been a foul throw. This is because he often has one foot over the line as he throws, I noticed tonight that Stoke fans seemed to be complaining about it too.

But it is so often done right under the noses of the Assistant Referees, I am beginning to wonder if I misunderstand the rules.

Does anyone have any insight?

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Since Kalas has been taking his long throws I have been saying that nearly everyone has been a foul throw. This is because he often has one foot over the line as he throws, I noticed tonight that Stoke fans seemed to be complaining about it too.

But it is so often done right under the noses of the Assistant Referees, I am beginning to wonder if I misunderstand the rules.

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Always used to be at least part of the foot on the line. Heel would be fine so if he’s got big feet he could have his toes in the penalty area! 

Best foul throw was that buffoon on Saturday. Christ alive. He seemed to just drop it off the top of his head…..

I think it’s now a case of Lino’s and referees concentrating more on the on field players than the thrower when a throw in is taken.

Ive noticed a lot of players now lifting their back foot at throw ins, yes it’s a foul throw when this happens, but it seems in the greater scheme of things this is being seen as a trivial offence, when more important things are happening on the pitch.

This is where VAR can save the beautiful game. I pay a lot of money to see feet behind the line at throw ins. It's a massive advantage to have a throw with  a foot an inch or two over a line and it ruins the game for me when players get away with this.

As for the sleepless nights I get when the ball doesn't bi sect the quarter circle at corners....

Once, there was a kick off with an opposition player in the circle. STOP THE GAME.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

This is where VAR can save the beautiful game. I pay a lot of money to see feet behind the line at throw ins. It's a massive advantage to have a throw with  a foot an inch or two over a line and it ruins the game for me when players get away with this.

As for the sleepless nights I get when the ball doesn't bi sect the quarter circle at corners....

Once, there was a kick off with an opposition player in the circle. STOP THE GAME.

Don't even get me started on free kicks being taken in the right place.

I think VAR should take a good 5 minutes per free kick to work out the position to the nearest millimetre, especially when it is in our own half. 

• Thanks 1

I thought the same at the time. But also when goalkeepers kick the ball from their hands sometimes their feet are outside the box, its never picked up. Then of course corner kicks, seen so many with the ball placed outside the D, hardy ever picked up. I must read the latest rule book so many things seem to have changed.

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Then there was the incident last night when Kalas went to the ballboy and had to wait whilst the towel was taken out of the plastic carrier bag! 

Just bizarre. The ref should be adding on at least 30 seconds every throw by the time it take Kalas to get over there then dry the ball.

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Yes, yes, very funny. I am worried about the idea that we might score one like last night only for it to be chalked off for for the infringement. Maybe I have seen too much cricket lately where no balls only seem to be called when a wicket is taken these days?

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

I thought the same at the time. But also when goalkeepers kick the ball from their hands sometimes their feet are outside the box, its never picked up. Then of course corner kicks, seen so many with the ball placed outside the D, hardy ever picked up. I must read the latest rule book so many things seem to have changed.

So long as the keeper has released the ball in the area it doesn't matter where his feet are.  Corner kicks just need to have a fraction of overhang on the semi-circle and it's perfectly fine.  Whole of the ball over the whole of the line is the rule, whether it be throw ins, goals, corners, goal kicks etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

Just bizarre. The ref should be adding on at least 30 seconds every throw by the time it take Kalas to get over there then dry the ball.

I’m very sad. I counted. 
Kalas’ throw-ins last night were timed at :

30 seconds, 32 seconds, 40 seconds, 36 seconds, 29 seconds, 34 seconds. 

It’s a real pet-hate of mine. Not just ours, but football in general. The towel drying basically averages out a throw in to over 30 seconds. 
If you took that long to restart play without a towel, you’d be booked for time wasting. 

BAN THE TOWEL 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I’m very sad. I counted. 

It’s a real pet-hate of mine. Not just ours, but football in general. The towel drying basically averages out a throw in to over 30 seconds. 
If you took that long to restart play without a towel, you’d be booked for time wasting. 

BAN THE TOWEL 

Maybe that explains the added 9 mins 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I’m very sad. I counted. 

BAN THE TOWEL 

You’d be great on The Cube, even better on Steven Mulhern’s In For A Penny ???