IGNORED

One Swallow Doesn’t Make A Summer

Davefevs

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was injured before the break, calf strain.  Had played all bar one game until then.  Nige did suggest he was a touch out of form, but just a case of competition for places.

Thanks. Competition is good, hopefully he will come back stronger for it- time certainly on his side, his ball carrying is a good asset to have.

On 25/11/2021 at 08:29, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't see any problems in calling out a poster that claimed no more than two weeks ago that there was a big split in the dressing room, and insinuating the manager was to blame. 

If you come on here telling porkies then you need to be called out on it.

It's funny how some of the players rumoured to be "not on the bus", "unhappy", "wanting out" or all three, were involved last night:

Vyner, Bakinson, COD, and Wells was on the bench too.

In fact they've all been brought back into the side. 

Tactically, we have just abandoned starting Weimann, Martin and Wells together and gone back to a system seen more in the first couple of months of the season.

So, no, nothing has been torn down and started again. We went through a bad run of form which coincided with two periods of absence from the manager, and in which the period in between he was very unwell. 

That's a more likely explanation to what has happened, of late. 

You must be disappointed that the last two games have shown that given proper instructions, coaching, organisation, team formation and motivation that our current squad is very capable to compete at this level. Awkward for the "no one could coach this lot" brigade.

The mystery remains however as to why this not done months ago.

Great to see it sorted now though and there are obviously no excuses from this point forward. On that I know we can agree.

5 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

You must be disappointed that the last two games have shown that given proper instructions, coaching, organisation, team formation and motivation that our current squad is very capable to compete at this level. Awkward for the "no one could coach this lot" brigade.

The mystery remains however as to why this not done months ago.

Great to see it sorted now though and there are obviously no excuses from this point forward. On that I know we can agree.

Strange post, almost as if you were writing back to yourself than KITR.  The first para, again is an opinion turned into FACT by you.  Trying to justify your opinion that they’ve not done any of those things in your list.  You only have to listen / watch player and staff interviews to hear / see them talk about doing all those things in training / prep.  I guess they were lying ?

”Months ago”?  Was there a problem months ago….not from where I was sitting….a poor period between international breaks, undoubtedly.  Nor can you necessarily make change in a busy window of games.  Don’t think it’s been ripped up, just bringing a couple of things to a head, and also having some players available who weren’t during the poor run, e.g. Williams.  Some might want to give him a bit of credit for first introducing Benarous into the first team group, getting him up to speed and then letting him loose.  That takes a bit of time, a bit of planning.  Could’ve left him with the u23s.

”Excuses”?  Not heard many / any excuses being made, where things have been said, I’d use the word “reasons”, because there are lots of little things that go on that are difficult to control.

But as we’ve seen from the general theme of your posts, you are not a fan of Nige, and it spills over every time you feel you can dig him out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Strange post, almost as if you were writing back to yourself than KITR.  The first para, again is an opinion turned into FACT by you.  Trying to justify your opinion that they’ve not done any of those things in your list.  You only have to listen / watch player and staff interviews to hear / see them talk about doing all those things in training / prep.  I guess they were lying ?

”Months ago”?  Was there a problem months ago….not from where I was sitting….a poor period between international breaks, undoubtedly.  Nor can you necessarily make change in a busy window of games.  Don’t think it’s been ripped up, just bringing a couple of things to a head, and also having some players available who weren’t during the poor run, e.g. Williams.  Some might want to give him a bit of credit for first introducing Benarous into the first team group, getting him up to speed and then letting him loose.  That takes a bit of time, a bit of planning.  Could’ve left him with the u23s.

”Excuses”?  Not heard many / any excuses being made, where things have been said, I’d use the word “reasons”, because there are lots of little things that go on that are difficult to control.

But as we’ve seen from the general theme of your posts, you are not a fan of Nige, and it spills over every time you feel you can dig him out.

"nobody could coach these players" is an excuse. Perpetuated numerous times in different threads.

The catastrophizing of our squad was, and is common place,  as shown in the last two performances this is nonsense.

Therefore if (and it has been proved) the players are good enough for this level there must have been other issues affecting performance and results on the pitch. They look to have been rectified.

Brilliant.

No agenda just making comments on the situation as I see it as a fan on a forum. Many others disagree and imply they know better and that is fine.

It is a forum after all.

Edited by VT05763