IGNORED

Team for Sunday

Waconda

Have to rotate a bit I feel.

For the love of god do not change the formation, tactics etc we have seen in the last 2 games.

Bentley

Vyner       Kalas       Atkinson

Scott                                                 Pring

Williams         Bakinson

Benerous

Wells               Semenyo

HNM for Williams after 60 mins.

12 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

For the love of god do not change the formation, tactics etc we have seen in the last 2 games.

Bentley

Benerous

Matt James for Williams maybe.

Other than that, no change.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

Benerous

Take out our best player tonight COD? 

• Like 3

COD, Benarous and Scott earned a start.  Chris Martin might as well go back to Coldplay as he is past it - I would stick Semenyo in there, personally, who would give us more pace, strength and effort up top even though his goal scoring record isn't so great.

If Baker is fit, it would be a toss up between him and Atkinson.

A big shout out to Andi Weimann, who again gave 100%.  A bit of an unsung hero, in my view.  Nobody else seems to give us that week in and week out. 

Even though he scored tonight, I'm still not sure that Bakinson is giving 100%, but HNM certainly seems to.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Williams does not need another start on Sunday. Too soon got to be gentle he been out a long time. I do feel Martin needs a rest but he was outstanding tonight. Think needs to start using Semenyou, Wells, Martin, and Weimen in some sort of rotation in the same tactical way to avoid injury and over playing.  And keeps other teams guessing a bit who will play or not. Zak looked good again if a couple of passing errors but worked well with Kalas to cover space. Can see King back if fit for Williams. NP has options so we shall see.

COYR

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

COD, Benarous and Scott earned a start.  Chris Martin might as well go back to Coldplay as he is past it - I would stick Semenyo in there, personally, who would give us more pace, strength and effort up top even though his goal scoring record isn't so great.

A big shout out to Andi Weimann, who again gave 100%.  A bit of an unsung hero, in my view.  Nobody else seems to give us that week in and week out. 

Even though he scored tonight, I'm still not sure that Bakinson is giving 100%, but HNM certainly seems to.

Agree with most of this, Martin did run his socks I thought last night.  Now the biggest problem for me is Bakinson off the ball, he doesn’t win headers, not strong in the tackle and his positioning is woeful. He got better second have.  Although he’s got a goal in him.  Think it’s frustrating to see a player with talent and potential and is doing ok at championship football level.  However I have the feeling there’s more inside the coaches have to unlock. 

Edited by Bodiesaffer

7 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

Benerous

Wouldn’t be dropping Baker and COD, two of our best players last night. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Wouldn’t be dropping Baker and COD, two of our best players last night. 

More of an issue as to whether they (& Williams) are fit enough to be fit, based on his track record you wouldn’t want to put your house on Baker being so.

Be great to have James in the squad & certainly a case for giving Martin a rest, though again based on selections so far, that’s unlikely.

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Harsh comment, yeah he didn’t score or assist but he ran his socks off and held the ball up very well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Harsh comment, yeah he didn’t score or assist but he ran his socks off and held the ball up very well. 

Can't be sure, but didn't he get the flick on for the goal?

I thought he had a good game last night, poor bloke must be knackered.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

Benerous

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but unless the players swapped in are an exact like-for-like replacement, then tactics must change. Wells and Semenyo are different players to Martin so tactics must change to make sure we feed them with the balls/passes they prefer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Are you serious?

Chris Martin got his head to the ball for the assist for the goal!

Weimann, yes agree, worked his socks off but no more than Martin who got in better goal scoring positions!

They ALL gave 100% last night!

Bloody hell......

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

First off, we have to wait on knocks.
Weimann looked like he was feeling his hamstrings more than once.
COD looked to be struggling.
Baker obvious knock.
Not sure Martin can maintain so much football.
Then;
Is James fit , shouldn't King be close.

I would imagine we will stick to a similar set up, depending on availability of players.
If Baker is out, Atkinson in is pretty seamless.
If COD is out, Pring in. More defensive but no real problem away from home.
Weimann would be a big miss, I guess Semenyo could get the nod.
If James is fit, it could mean one of the young lads get rested and one of Williams or HNM starts.

At the moment there are too many unknowns , but keeping as close to the the recent team will be in line with Pearsons usual thinking . Another Pearson trait is not being too open with news on knocks. Long term he's happy to tell you about, but knocks seem to be kept a little under wraps.

37 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Are you serious?

Chris Martin got his head to the ball for the assist for the goal!

Weimann, yes agree, worked his socks off but no more than Martin who got in better goal scoring positions!

They ALL gave 100% last night!

Bloody hell......

Probably he was the moron sat behind me, who shouted “run, you fat ***” at Martin second half.

The same Martin who created the goal (& 2 other very decent chances) with flick ons, who occupied 2 defenders for most of the game, was smart enough to give James Chester (an international defender who cost £8m more than twice in his career) a very tough game & who was integral to our win.

We know he isn’t the quickest, but he is absolutely putting it in every single game & as has been said before, is in no way responsible for us not replacing Famara, so is being asked to play every game.

As for “fat” I’m sure if Martin & the oaf behind me went for a run, he’d be throwing up well before Martin was breaking sweat.

These sort of extremely stupid people presumably explain how we have ended up with a disheveled clown as PM.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

First off, we have to wait on knocks.
Weimann looked like he was feeling his hamstrings more than once.
COD looked to be struggling.
Baker obvious knock.
Not sure Martin can maintain so much football.
Then;
Is James fit , shouldn't King be close.

I would imagine we will stick to a similar set up, depending on availability of players.
If Baker is out, Atkinson in is pretty seamless.
If COD is out, Pring in. More defensive but no real problem away from home.
Weimann would be a big miss, I guess Semenyo could get the nod.
If James is fit, it could mean one of the young lads get rested and one of Williams or HNM starts.

At the moment there are too many unknowns , but keeping as close to the the recent team will be in line with Pearsons usual thinking . Another Pearson trait is not being too open with news on knocks. Long term he's happy to tell you about, but knocks seem to be kept a little under wraps.

My team close then ?

Barring Williams, guess HNM comes in there.

Edited by VT05763

The extra day to Sunday will help.  Reckon Baker and Callum will be fine.  Williams felt his other hamstring, so with 6 days to the Derby game I wouldn’t be taking any risks…James might be back?  For me against a Utd side that pass it around the three CBs I’d be seriously thinking of giving Martin a rest (sub) and ensuring he’s raring to go against his old club Derby the week after.  But if he is fine, then let’s play the game in front of us.

Much will depend on how much last night and Saturday took out of the players.  Rennie - it’s over to you!

53 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

My team close then ?

Barring Williams, guess HNM comes in there.

As I say, until we know the state of injuries, niggles and fitness it's up in the air. What we know is Pearson likes continuity if things have gone ok.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The extra day to Sunday will help.  Reckon Baker and Callum will be fine.  Williams felt his other hamstring, so with 6 days to the Derby game I wouldn’t be taking any risks…James might be back?  For me against a Utd side that pass it around the three CBs I’d be seriously thinking of giving Martin a rest (sub) and ensuring he’s raring to go against his old club Derby the week after.  But if he is fine, then let’s play the game in front of us.

Much will depend on how much last night and Saturday took out of the players.  Rennie - it’s over to you!

Baker &  COD possibly, I worry about Weimann. Even as the 2nd half was about to start he was rubbing his Hamstrings, a couple of times he stood in the centre circle watching, which is unusual. 
Where did you get the bit about Williams ? I'd be starting HNM if JW is fit or not, don't want to push him.
As for Martin, I think he's well overdue a rest. Could give Semenyo a run in a position we thought he was bred for. Has strength, power and pace. Be interesting to see if he could do a job centrally.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As I say, until we know the state of injuries, niggles and fitness it's up in the air. What we know is Pearson likes continuity if things have gone ok.

Baker &  COD possibly, I worry about Weimann. Even as the 2nd half was about to start he was rubbing his Hamstrings, a couple of times he stood in the centre circle watching, which is unusual. 
Where did you get the bit about Williams ? I'd be starting HNM if JW is fit or not, don't want to push him.
As for Martin, I think he's well overdue a rest. Could give Semenyo a run in a position we thought he was bred for. Has strength, power and pace. Be interesting to see if he could do a job centrally.

James Piercy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

James Piercy 

Thanks, just read it. Even with the game being Sunday, I doubt Williams will start, bench at best I'd think. 

I hope the rest were just impact injuries and not too bad, worst case could mean a lot of changes Sunday.

20 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thanks, just read it. Even with the game being Sunday, I doubt Williams will start, bench at best I'd think. 

I hope the rest were just impact injuries and not too bad, worst case could mean a lot of changes Sunday.

I think Williams was a precaution. Bakers probably looked the worst out of the lot, if he’s out then I guess Atkinson can come in and that shouldn’t be an issue