IGNORED

Game on Red Button/Robins TV Sunday (Merged)

old_eastender

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weimann hatrick - Blades 2 City 3 - immediately after an international break - Sheffield United were promoted to the premier league that season too - cracking result 

That back post volley from Kasey cross is up there with a lot of my favourite goals. 

• Flames 1

• The title was changed to Game on Red Button/Robins TV Sunday (Merged)
17 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We have had daphne, from eggheads, and micheal barrymore turn on the lights here n recent years.

Nicolas cage turned them on in bath one year.

Who is turning the lights on in sheffield this year?

Sean Bean, as every year.

Recently he’s taken to dressing up as Ned Stark and proclaiming “winter is coming” as he presses the red button

17 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We have had daphne, from eggheads, and micheal barrymore turn on the lights here n recent years.

Nicolas cage turned them on in bath one year.

Who is turning the lights on in sheffield this year?

Sean Bean, as every year.

Recently he’s taken to dressing up as Ned Stark and proclaiming “winter is coming” as he presses the red button

• Like 2

Good write up from our thread starter. 
One match that he didn’t mention, much, was our play off game in 1988 there under big Joe Jordan.

It was the team who occupied the last , third , relegation place in the Second division v the fifth place  in division Three.

The build up at Brammal lane was electric. I remember thinking that there were not many home fans for such an important match but just five minutes before kick off they arrived in their noisy , bellicose thousands. 

It was a magnificent performance by Jordan. He brought himself on and owned the game. 

We sent the Blades down.

It was a bit tasty after the match.

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Best city goal i saw at sheff united.

A ex wednesday man carl shutt.

A beauty,

Was only thinking about that game yesterday...

Five of us went up in a car and a local landlord had a brother who ran a pub in one of the towns just outside so had set up for us to pop in there around 3pm (eve ko).....we arrived to a full buffet laid on for us.....he was expecting a coachload....we had a whip round to help pay him for his efforts....had loads of trays of sarnies and mini sausage rolls etc in the car on trip home....

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

One match that he didn’t mention, much, was our play off game in 1988 there under big Joe Jordan.

It was the team who occupied the last , third , relegation place in the Second division v the fifth place  in division Three.

The build up at Brammal lane was electric. I remember thinking that there were not many home fans for such an important match but just five minutes before kick off they arrived in their noisy , bellicose thousands. 

It was a magnificent performance by Jordan. He brought himself on and owned the game. 

We sent the Blades down.

Yes, our mini bus had a few windows missing after that game, it was a draughty trip back to Somerset! 

1 minute ago, 22A said:

This week I replaced Sky with BT as it's cheaper. I can still view the Sky Sports channels, but on Sky Football, I have to watch Livingstone as the red button doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem?

It's the same for me trying to watch it on my pc, won't work so watching it on my phone it works 

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We sent the Blades down.

Great night that was, I remember Wednesday fans out on the streets applauding City fans as we left Sheffield.