IGNORED

Bakinson MOM?

Nuno Gomes

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

More on T today:

image.thumb.png.0e78f10902af0e78efe189bc59d9f10d.png

So tactical awareness and flexibility. Once read a bit that this kind of thing, an ability to change how you play in a certain match in order to it the needs of that particular opponent, is huge (especially in midfielders) and was/is prized by all the great managers. Totally fair to say you can't expect someone to get in one go as well. This is what player development looks like. Congrats to the kid.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So tactical awareness and flexibility. Once read a bit that this kind of thing, an ability to change how you play in a certain match in order to it the needs of that particular opponent, is huge (especially in midfielders) and was/is prized by all the great managers. Totally fair to say you can't expect someone to get in one go as well. This is what player development looks like. Congrats to the kid.

There’s a bit in his interview where he talks about learning the defensive bits and pieces too.

Why?

Clearly a player that won’t get anywhere the first team next season.

League 1 player.

Never put in the effort for this level.

Scored a goal in the week but that’s it.

Gives the ball away to much, never gets a tackle in. Does not track back. Lacks effort.

We have all said it week in week out and that’s because it’s what we see week in week out when he plays.

Score a goal and all of a sudden he’s contract renewed and people are saying he is a half decent player.

Look at Scott and Beneraus as a bench mark - effort, skill, tracking back, tackling… He is no where near them.

Compare him to Williams - No where near him.

Compare to James - No where near him

Reality check please.

Should have been to moving him on in the summer.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Better Red said:

Why?

League 1 player.

Gives the ball away to much, never gets a tackle in. Does not track back. Lacks effort.

We have all said it week in week out and that’s because it’s what we see week in week out when he plays.

Score a goal and all of a sudden he’s contract renewed and people are saying he is a half decent player.

Look at Scott and Beneraus as a bench mark - effort, skill, tracking back, tackling… He is no where near them.

Reality check please.

I disagree, has skill and is talented. Just needs to learn the defense side of playing central. Wasn’t having a very good game up to his goal, much improved second half. He is improving  with the side of the game he’s not good at. He’s improving and Nigel thinks he’s got the ability to get it right. We don’t need negativity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Better Red said:

Why?

League 1 player.

Reality check please.

Disagree. He has plenty of ability, I will agree he gives the ball away, but at least he is trying to make something happen on many occasions. He has got better at different parts of his game, and if Pearson can see that then that is good enough for me.  As for he is "nowhere near James or Williams", who said he was. I reckon Williams and James are big players for us - but how often have they been available? Scott and Benarous are different types of players aren't they.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Disagree. He has plenty of ability, I will agree he gives the ball away, but at least he is trying to make something happen on many occasions. He has got better at different parts of his game, and if Pearson can see that then that is good enough for me.  As for he is "nowhere near James or Williams", who said he was. I reckon Williams and James are big players for us - but how often have they been available? Scott and Benarous are different types of players aren't they.

He needs to be ‘near’ Williams and James as they are the current bench mark.

Agree both not fit enough that’s why we need to get one more midfielder who can compete with those two.

Can he compete - No.

Can he improve - No.

Watched enough of him to know he does not come up to scratch and he never will.

Simple if he plays are we weaker ? - Yes

League 1 player - get rid

1 hour ago, Bodiesaffer said:

I disagree, has skill and is talented. Just needs to learn the defense side of playing central. Wasn’t having a very good game up to his goal, much improved second half. He is improving  with the side of the game he’s not good at. He’s improving and Nigel thinks he’s got the ability to get it right. We don’t need negativity. 

Reality not negativity.

Type of player who will get us relegated to League 1 coincidentally he’s level

Always cracks me up when people say things like “League One Player”, when a player has played so many games at this level, e.g. Vyner 100, Bakinson 50, etc.

They might not be top drawer, but if we look where we are, are they so far out of place?  A squad is a squad for a reason, not everyone can be a guaranteed starter every week, not everyone can be the best player, and therefore there are always gonna be a range of abilities across the squad.  And even the good players have bouts of poor form.

Just find it all a bit derogatory.

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Better Red said:

He needs to be ‘near’ Williams and James as they are the current bench mark.

Agree both not fit enough that’s why we need to get one more midfielder who can compete with those two.

Can he compete - No.

Can he improve - No.

Watched enough of him to know he does not come up to scratch and he never will.

Simple if he plays are we weaker ? - Yes

League 1 player - get rid

He is a different type of player to Williams and James and already as good or maybe better than either of them at picking a pass or moving the ball off quickly with his 1st touch as his awareness is fantastic. Its also why he gives the ball away more as he is the one trying to hit the forward pass of the quick ball, rather than just a safe sidewards or back.

I have never moaned about TB even when the has poor games as can see a future very good player, he has recognised himself he needs to improve certain aspects of his game and still has a way to go to realise his potential. Just a shame a few who have liked to scapegoat him and Odowda have to keep on talking sh1t even when they are playing well

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Reality not negativity.

Type of player who will get us relegated to League 1 coincidentally he’s level

The reality is, he’s improved. Still at a good age where he’s nowhere near his prime.  Yes he has his faults like lots of players.  He knows what part of his game needs improving and is willing to put it the hard work, not just for himself but the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

He is a different type of player to Williams and James and already as good or maybe better than either of them at picking a pass or moving the ball off quickly with his 1st touch as his awareness is fantastic. Its also why he gives the ball away more as he is the one trying to hit the forward pass of the quick ball, rather than just a safe sidewards or back.

I have never moaned about TB even when the has poor games as can see a future very good player, he has recognised himself he needs to improve certain aspects of his game and still has a way to go to realise his potential. Just a shame a few who have liked to scapegoat him and Odowda have to keep on talking sh1t even when they are playing well

Think it’s fine to be critical when any player isn’t playing well, as long as you recognise when they are playing well.

I’m a big fan of Weimann, but earlier this season I thought he had one of his worst, if not the worst game he had had in a City shirt.  It’s blind support or criticism regardless of how they play that gets me.

As for “moaning at Bakinson”, I have, and at times he’s deserved it.  FWIW I thought he was sloppy with the ball v Stoke, but I was more impressed with the defensive positioning, especially last half hour.  Didn’t need to hare around, needed to screen his CBs whilst Massengo and Benarous did the leg work.

I liked in his interview where he said he’s been trying to improve things for a while, but that it doesn’t always happy overnight.  A few fans could do with taking that into account! ?

The reality is, he’s improved. Still at a good age where he’s nowhere near his prime.  Yes he has his faults like lots of players.  He knows what part of his game needs improving and is willing to put it the hard work, not just for himself but the team. 

Just 23, in his second season at this level.  If Nige thinks he’s improving, then that’s good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheReds said:

But not good enough if we want to stay in the championship.

Just because he is a bit better does not him good enough.

Age who cares he is 23 not 18.. Not going to change how he plays now that much.

If we set our standards as low as Bakinson then we will get what we deserve.

No where near a top 10 championship player and is what we should be aiming at.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think it’s fine to be critical when any player isn’t playing well, as long as you recognise when they are playing well.

I’m a big fan of Weimann, but earlier this season I thought he had one of his worst, if not the worst game he had had in a City shirt.  It’s blind support or criticism regardless of how they play that gets me.

As for “moaning at Bakinson”, I have, and at times he’s deserved it.  FWIW I thought he was sloppy with the ball v Stoke, but I was more impressed with the defensive positioning, especially last half hour.  Didn’t need to hare around, needed to screen his CBs whilst Massengo and Benarous did the leg work.

I liked in his interview where he said he’s been trying to improve things for a while, but that it doesn’t always happy overnight.  A few fans could do with taking that into account! ?

Just 23, in his second season at this level.  If Nige thinks he’s improving, then that’s good.

He was resigned to protect our investment not because he is a player Nige see as a first team player.

Nige will get better players in and he will sent out or loan or hopefully sold to recoup the money we have spent on him .

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No problem at all with people moaning or criticising a player when poor or making mistakes.

I don't like the scapegoating of a player, only highlighting his errors when others have been worse or having to keep on that a player is poor to try and justify previous statements

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

No problem at all with people moaning or criticising a player when poor or making mistakes.

I don't like the scapegoating of a player, only highlighting his errors when others have been worse or having to keep on that a player is poor to try and justify previous statements

Totally agree. ??????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Better Red said:

But not good enough if we want to stay in the championship.

Just because he is a bit better does not him good enough.

Age who cares he is 23 not 18.. Not going to change how he plays now that much.

If we set our standards as low as Bakinson then we will get what we deserve.

No where near a top 10 championship player and is what we should be aiming at.

Time will tell, we can add the same comments about HMN, great prospect,  no a fantastic prospect but has problem with his defense side of his game. He needs to learn more and needs Matty or Williams to help him through games. Top 10 players, that’s what these kids are working hard to be and more.  Let’s evaluate Bakinson at the end of the season…. Oh I’m not being negative about HNM, he’s going to be some player in a season of two.

Edited by Bodiesaffer

Just now, Bodiesaffer said:

Time will tell, we can add the same comments about HMN, great prospect,  no a fantastic prospect but has problem with his defense side of his game. He needs to learn more and needs Matty or Williams to help him through games. Top 10 players, that’s what these kids are working hard to be and more.  Let’s evaluate Bakinson at the end of the season…. Oh I’m not being negative about HNM, he’s going to be some player in a season of two.

I thought he came across really well in the interview. Clearly a laid back guy and in sport, and football specifically, character traits are of course evident on the pitch and style of play.  It's not a bad quality as he doesn't panic, has time on the ball and tries to keep possession or pass with attacking intent.  We'e been hoofing it aimlessly for too long so I welcome the progress of young player like him and, of course, Scott and Benarous.

It's ideal if he plays with someone dynamic like Williams - he makes such a difference and if only he could stay fit.   I think Tyreeq is being 'man managed' and 'older player managed' very well.  I've no doubt King and James will be a very positive influence. 

Our midfield has so few goals in it (although I think that might change as the two youngsters develop) that someone who can get 5 or 6 a season, adds a bit of height to the midfield and gets assists  has to be considered an asset who can reach higher performance levels as he develops. He now has the right approach and seems well-motivated to progress. He mentioned he aspires to be a box to box player and has Patrick Vieira as his role model.  He'll have a bad game every now and then but he's developing and is going in the right direction with the right mentality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Bakinson so frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

Watch him today.

won’t tackle 

Won’t track back

will look weak 

Then tell me he is improving

Wow I was right….. who would have guessed.

He was embarrassing today. He was a disgrace today.

Tell me he is improving.

Leauge 1 at best. 

Get shot as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Wow I was right….. who would have guessed.

He was embarrassing today. He was a disgrace today.

Tell me he is improving.

Leauge 1 at best. 

Get shot as soon as possible.

It’s who he plays with.  HMN got youth on his side but he’s another that can’t do it yet. They both need better players around them.  He does frustrate, he’s got this season to start being consistent and improve on the not very good Attributes.  he was poor today I do agree with that.

22 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

It’s who he plays with.  HMN got youth on his side but he’s another that can’t do it yet. They both need better players around them.  He does frustrate, he’s got this season to start being consistent and improve on the not very good Attributes.  he was poor today I do agree with that.

You’re eating your time trying to discuss these sorts of things with some posters.

Better Red really is a misspelling of “Wetter Bed”.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You’re eating your time trying to discuss these sorts of things with some posters.

Better Red really is a misspelling of “Wetter Bed”.

Better Red = Right (again)……..

28 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Poor ever since he has been here