IGNORED

Slavisa Jokanovic set to leave Sheffield United

Selred

20 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

This reflects the mood among their fans:

Spend a fortune on bringing a manager in with a proven track record of promotion at this level, only to sack him a few months later and replace him with the guy who had the job before him.

I like the

"why shop at Waitrose when you can shop at Netto"

"why shop at Netto when you can go bin dipping" line ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

This reflects the mood among their fans:

Spend a fortune on bringing a manager in with a proven track record of promotion at this level, only to sack him a few months later and replace him with the guy who had the job before him.

Sounds very Bristol City actually! 

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Still baffled they got rid of Wilder, despite their form last year 

There’s a part of me that wonders whether they’re suffering because they recruited “safely” when they got promoted, i.e. preparing to get relegated….and then they stayed up, started recruiting differently and now left with a squad that peaked in 19/20 and has declined since.  Views???

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

4.5 year deal!?!?! Wow.........

Aside from Klopp, Pep and probably Tuchel, I can think of no manager in English football worthy of a four and a half year deal. It’s completely unnecessary and will only result in paying him a sizeable compensation when they invariably sack him in 18 months time.

It’s not as though he’s lasted long in any of his managerial appointments since Barnsley - less than a season at Leeds, Hibs and as caretaker at SheffU before Jokanovic. WTF were the their board thinking about?j

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

52 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Aside from Klopp, Pep and probably Tuchel, I can think of no manager in English football worthy of a four and a half year deal. It’s completely unnecessary and will only result in paying him a sizeable compensation when they invariably sack him in 18 months time.

It’s not as though he’s lasted long in any of his managerial appointments since Barnsley - less than a season at Leeds, Hibs and as caretaker at SheffU before Jokanovic. WTF were the their board thinking about?j

He's just an interim manager until the season after next when Pochettino will be free again!

59 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I can only assume his 4.5 year contract is similar to that of Alan Pardew at Newcastle, who I believe had an 8 year contract, but this contained a clause limiting any payoff to one year's salary. 

On 25/11/2021 at 15:23, Davefevs said:

There’s a part of me that wonders whether they’re suffering because they recruited “safely” when they got promoted, i.e. preparing to get relegated….and then they stayed up, started recruiting differently and now left with a squad that peaked in 19/20 and has declined since.  Views???

Think the rot started when they signed Rhian Brewster. Never a Wilder signing / player and a large hole then in their transfer budget, at the time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Think the rot started when they signed Rhian Brewster. Never a Wilder signing / player and a large hole then in their transfer budget, at the time.

Totally agree. It was a fan-pleaser IMO which hasn`t worked out. I don`t think he`s been starting much recently - McGoldrick has been I think?

Watch him get three for the new boss on Sunday now!

Talking to a Sheff Utd fan I know, apparently they are skint. Slaviša Jokanović fell out with the Chairman because they promised him decent funds when he arrived and it would seem that he's not got what he asked for. They wanted to sign Callum Wilson a while back but couldn't afford his wages and I don't expect Bournemouth were paying too much.

The question being asked up there is "Where has the money gone?"

Edited by Midlands Robin

Quote from their chairman during the recent presser.  And some of our fans are calling for new ownership !

"Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either."

44 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Talking to a Sheff Utd fan I know, apparently they are skint. Slaviša Jokanović fell out with the Chairman because they promised him decent funds when he arrived and it would seem that he's not got what he asked for. They wanted to sign Callum Wilson a while back but couldn't afford his wages and I don't expect Bournemouth were paying too much.

The question being asked up there is "Where has the money gone?"

16 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Quote from their chairman during the recent presser.  And some of our fans are calling for new ownership !

"Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either."

When foreign ownership goes wrong...

• Like 2

Just watched a video of his first training session as apparently Heck had a rant at the players.

I didn't think it was much of rant and I also thought the whole sessuon seemed lacklustre with players just going through the motions.

Then I read their fans comments on their forum, and they were saying how much more intense and urgent it all looked. Makes me wonder what it must have been like under SJ.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF