IGNORED

Those were the days...

TBW

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Brentford will wear 2021-22 home kit again next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59417811

Fair play to them. Hope it catches on. I don't like a new shirt every year... not that I buy one.

Love this. You should only be able to release a new shirt when your sponsor or kit supplier changes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Brentford will wear 2021-22 home kit again next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59417811

Fair play to them. Hope it catches on. I don't like a new shirt every year... not that I buy one.

How does it work then? Do we get outraged a second time at the same kit, or show twice as much outrage the first time round?central badges again ffs. 

• Like 1

"Brentford will wear 2021-22 home kit again next season"

In real terms I imagine it will still mean a new shirt every year. It will probably go back to Home one year, and Away the next. 

It was bad enough when it was like that, by stealth it went 2/3 shirts every year.

13 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I've got a west ham supporting mate and they can get the home/away shirt without the sponsor on the front. I would love that option with city, and would def buy a shirt more often as it looks a lot better

You'll be saying he wears it without shin pads next. Sacrilege. 

1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I've got a west ham supporting mate and they can get the home/away shirt without the sponsor on the front. I would love that option with city, and would def buy a shirt more often as it looks a lot better

That’ll be great, I really don’t like the Yeo valley logo on the front. Far too big 

Just read that brentford have introduced this,,, i remember as a kid this was always the case,,, our old hirerite kits seemed the same for ever?! 
seems like this is a really good idea, and if people know the kits will stay for 2 years they might be more inclined to buy one? Other environmental factors were noted, but this is a fairly murky area in terms of milking parents every summer if you ask me?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Just read that brentford have introduced this

The riches they have gained from their deserved promotion to the Premier League has undoubtedly allowed them to offer this benefit to their supporters. It’s laudable and it’s a model I personally prefer however, outside of the top division, clubs like ours need all of the money they can earn so I think it’s unlikely that we’ll see a change anytime soon.  

• Like 2

There will be no figures to work with, but I'd love to know the sales of shirt numbers each year.
It would be interesting to be able to have home, away & 3rd kit shirt sales for

A) New every year

B) every other year

I wonder if the sales would go up due to longer period of relevance and would they sale more of a 2nd kit if they'd had the first shirt for a while.

It's not like there would be 2 years between shirts, just 2 years before each shirt is renewed. Year 1, home shirt. Year 2, Away shirt.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

Why would we want to constrain an income stream for the club when all the other clubs in our league are cashing in? We have already have enough handicaps to being competitive.

Revenue brought in by shirt sales is a comparative pittance. Like most football clubs, most of our money comes from the owner. 

Having a new shirt every two seasons would put more money back into the pockets of our supporters and also help cut the needless production of a load of shirts, which quickly go out-of-date. In addition, the dyeing process involved in making these shirts is very harmful to the environment. Some may consider that final point to outweigh simply "cashing in".

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 4

On 25/11/2021 at 22:58, 1960maaan said:

"Brentford will wear 2021-22 home kit again next season"

In real terms I imagine it will still mean a new shirt every year. It will probably go back to Home one year, and Away the next. 

It was bad enough when it was like that, by stealth it went 2/3 shirts every year.

Exeter do that - mind you, their kits are usually vile. Which is odd, because red and white stripes should be easy.

3 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Why would we want to constrain an income stream for the club when all the other clubs in our league are cashing in? We have already have enough handicaps to being competitive.

You believe we get much more of a % of the shirt sales than we actually do...

Manchester United are rumoured to only get around 10% of their shirt sales so what do you reckon we get?