IGNORED

Ralf Rangnick

myol'man

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's supposedly staying on as a consultant after the summer.

Which is a good plan.

He's a good fit. Likes high pressing football, similar to the style Poch liked to use before he managed a team full of old boys. He's also top notch at player development. 

If Utds plan is to move towards a younger, more intensive style, then Rangnick now plus Poch in the summer all makes a lot of sense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

Close @JoeAman08

Not bad huh? ? think I was just repeating what I had heard in a podcast somewhere. 

Though seems like he will be having some sort of similar role after the season. 

56 minutes ago, Super said:

I'm still not sure who they will appoint long term. Is Poch the real deal? He has been pretty poor at PSG, Apparently Zidane doesn't want to live in England. They delayed too long and missed out on Conte.

I am interested to see where Ten Hag goes next. He has done an amazing job at Ajax. Not just the league which isn’t an amazing feat for them but a champions league semi final(few minutes from a final) and gone through the group again and look impressive. Man U might be a large step for him but he’d be my choice if I was in charge. 

44 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Zidane will replace Poch at PSG if he leaves.

A lot of people saying Zidane really only interested in the France job after the world cup. See how it plays out but if he takes PSG he may need to wait quite awhile before the France gig comes again. 

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

You mean they play football outside of England? Who knew??

He is of course renowned in the game and something of an innovator in his day.

Though I fear United players used to getting an easy ride under Ole may be in for a shock.

Maybe if they had appointed him as technical director 3 years ago they might actually have had a coherent recruitment and tactical plan. He would certainly have told Woodward to keep out of the way and stick to negotiating with official noodle partners.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

A few of my Mancunian friends are already boiling their piss about this. Much more experience than Solskjaer, but still a bit of an odd appointment unless he moves upstairs when Poch comes in in Summer.

Isn’t that part of the deal ? He’s moving into a consultant role end of season.  I can only see this as a positive for Man U, Oli was crap! 
Not only that, he invented the gegenpress tactic that both Klopp and Tuchal use and respect him for 

Edited by LoyalRed
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Isn’t that part of the deal ? He’s moving into a consultant role end of season.  I can only see this as a positive for Man U, Oli was crap! 
Not only that, he invented the gegenpress tactic that both Klopp and Tuchal use and respect him for 

The counter press (or gegenpress) tactic can be traced back to the 1960s in England and the Dutch National team used it at the 1974 World Cup - also Sacchi used it with his AC Milan teams in the 1980s - I’m not sure Rangnick can claim to be its inventor but he may have opened Klopp’s eyes to its effectiveness as Klopp’s Mainz and Dortmund sides seemed to revive the gegenpress ...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

“You need to dictate the game with and without the ball, not through individuals … use transitions, switch quickly … to think and find the right solutions quickly … and shoot within 10 seconds of winning the ball back.”Rangnick

“The biggest untapped potential lies in the footballer’s brain,” Rangnick

Just read the same piece and I could imagine Nigel saying the following, especially the bolded bit:

“Mentality relates to the effort you put in,” he continued. “Are you hungry? Are you willing to submit everything to get better? Do you want to improve yourself every day? Do you live in a professional way? Are you resistant to things like nightclubs or drinking? Do you need a big car or other things for your ego? If you don’t have the right mentality, you can forget about the inherited talent that’s in your DNA, and what you have learned from others. It’s no use. It doesn’t help. It doesn’t matter how talented a player is, if the mentality is shit, forget about it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Who would want to live on manchester ?

As @BS4 on Tour... posted earlier, there are plenty of nice places to live within easy commuting distance of the training ground.

I suspect it has more to do with her perception of the weather in Manchester and Northern England generally and, of course, the current storm won’t have helped ?.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As @BS4 on Tour... posted earlier, there are plenty of nice places to live within easy commuting distance of the training ground.

I suspect it has more to do with her perception of the weather in Manchester and Northern England generally and, of course, the current storm won’t have helped ?.

Nope, it north of Yate. Not a place to consider living 

On 26/11/2021 at 09:01, CheddarReds said:

Gutted to say it's a really good appointment, especially if he moves upstairs at the end of the season with Poch coming in

Not sure that is the 'shoe in' it was last week. Ragnick is to advise on new managerial appointment at end of season.

On 26/11/2021 at 08:54, chinapig said:

Just read the same piece and I could imagine Nigel saying the following, especially the bolded bit:

“Mentality relates to the effort you put in,” he continued. “Are you hungry? Are you willing to submit everything to get better? Do you want to improve yourself every day? Do you live in a professional way? Are you resistant to things like nightclubs or drinking? Do you need a big car or other things for your ego? If you don’t have the right mentality, you can forget about the inherited talent that’s in your DNA, and what you have learned from others. It’s no use. It doesn’t help. It doesn’t matter how talented a player is, if the mentality is shit, forget about it.

Yes, but .... you might get £15,000 a week for three years at Ashton Gate. So, if yer mentality's shit, not all hope is lost: wait until Nige has gone from BS3 and then get yer agent down the M5/along the M5 to Bristol.