IGNORED

Food at the gate

Oldland2

5 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

I have noticed lately not many fans eating the food at the ground,queues at the food outlets at lot smaller since the changed the pie etc supplier, must be loosing money, bring back the chunk ones or even Clarkes or ginsters, I have seen more people buying food outside than inside, 

Same with drink as well 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

I have noticed lately not many fans eating the food at the ground,queues at the food outlets at lot smaller since the changed the pie etc supplier, must be loosing money, bring back the chunk ones or even Clarkes or ginsters, I have seen more people buying food outside than inside, 

Just wondering myself when Clark's will put a second van by the park. Far better value than in the ground but the waiting time can be a pain.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

I’ve refused to buy any food inside AG for years. It’s always been poor value for money, seriously overpriced and generally crap quality.

I frequently buy grub outside the stadium. It’s far cheaper and of decent quality.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, Robbored said:

I’ve refused to buy any food inside AG for years. It’s always been poor value for money, seriously overpriced and generally crap quality.

I frequently buy grub outside the stadium. It’s far cheaper and of decent quality.

In fairness if you’ve not bought any food inside for years, you’re probably out of touch with some of the excellent food they have sold over the past few seasons.  Pies aren't as nice this year admittedly, but until this season definitely not poor value for money / overpriced imho.

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness if you’ve not bought any food inside for years, you’re probably out of touch with some of the excellent food they have sold over the past few seasons.  Pies aren't as nice this year admittedly, but until this season definitely not poor value for money / overpriced imho.

I think the food is overpriced in comparison. A Clarks pie is only £2.15

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In all the years that I’ve attended AG I’ve always felt that I was being ripped off and I seriously can’t remember the last I bought any food inside AG and I’m not prepared to risk’ buying any anytime soon.

I can get a decent pie from Clark’s van for less than £2:50 - why on earth anyone would buy food inside AG?

• Like 4

The security checks couldn’t  have helped as many would have got in just before kick off. I try to spend my couple of quid with the club if I can. There was no queue for coffee and shortbread which was handy otherwise would have been a choice between getting drink/food or missing kick off.

Not helped by the City Academy unpaid "Volunteers". Being asked to work for free as part of their education.

They do look as though they've mainly been bought against their will to work there.

When they recently gave a presentation at my son's school, they skipped through rather quickly the bit about; what rhe expectation is for the students to give up their time outside of school for the benefit of the club. Choosing to focus on "You can study E sports at Game, or Sports coaching etc"

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

That doesn't sound particulary legal.

That was my thoughts as well. But if they don't "volunteer". If apparently reflects badly in their term report.

They also have to "volunteer" in the club shop, Sports bar, and at events at AG, and Failand.

It's like an army of free labour, whilst also getting the pupil preminum of nearly £4k pa fron the govt for teaching them.

It's a real money maker for sure..

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

The only thing I buy inside the ground is coffee so I can’t comment on the quality of the alcohol or food, but I can comment on the variety of what’s on offer. Basically it’s pretty dire, which is why I don’t buy anything other than coffee. I assume whoever has outsourced the catering in the concourse hasn’t been to a pub in the last 20 years. There are a few mediocre pubs still hanging on, but most have moved with the times and sell something decent. City’s philosophy, seems to be as long as we flog a pie and a pint everyone will be happy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I remember one guy sending one of his son’s down to the concourse during the game to get 4 bottles of Coke. Should have seen the bloke’s face when he found out £10 wasn’t enough ?

Coke is half the price in the shop opposite the park and they still make a profit 

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

That was my thoughts as well. But if they don't "volunteer". If apparently reflects badly in their term report.

They also have to "volunteer" in the club shop, Sports bar, and at events at AG, and Failand.

It's like an army of free labour, whilst also getting the pupil preminum of nearly £4k pa fron the govt for teaching them.

It's a real money maker for sure..

No wonder they always seem fed up when there serving drinks 

I get a pie/pasty every now and again, had a pie last night. Not impressed at all, not much taste. I mean you couldn't always taste the Sheep its they used to do, but that was mainly because they had neat Lava inside, honest thing in the World ?
Had a pasty the other week, OK but not as good as previous suppliers.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I get a pie/pasty every now and again, had a pie last night. Not impressed at all, not much taste. I mean you couldn't always taste the Sheep its they used to do, but that was mainly because they had neat Lava inside, honest thing in the World ?
Had a pasty the other week, OK but not as good as previous suppliers.

Out of interest was it actually a pie, or was it a pasty.  Both times I’ve ordered a pie, they’ve given me a pasty.

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In all the years that I’ve attended AG I’ve always felt that I was being ripped off and I seriously can’t remember the last I bought any food inside AG and I’m not prepared to risk’ buying any anytime soon.

I can get a decent pie from Clark’s van for less than £2:50 - why on earth anyone would buy food inside AG?

For some reason, I get the impression an old sea dog like yourself wouldn’t broaden your horizons like this.. but I seriously recommend Feed the Goat at AG.

I don’t know if it’s still going this season, but it’s pretty awesome. Very much worth the extra cost.