IGNORED

Food at the gate

Oldland2

25 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/robins-foundation/education/post-16-courses/

It is for real Reg. Thomas bought home the prospectus.

Every kid has to stay in some form of education until they are 18 (apprenticeships, b-techs, college courses, A levels etc).

If you fail your GCSE Maths or English you have to keep on retaking them until you pass (in theory).

In the meantime loads of colleges/Academics have sprung up. Willing to take on the govt £4k per child pupil preminum teaching courses that are somewhat "interesting".

Learning E-Sports at Game by the gallery for 2 years?

Went to an open day at SGS last month….Joe planning to do TV & Film after his GCSEs, and whilst we were there we went and listened to the E-Sports presentation.  Mrs F and me were a bit worried Joe would want to suddenly choose that…because we thought it sounded like a load of old tosh.  He didn’t though.  Phew!!!

But having said that, is it really any different to several other courses.  If it prepares you for a job in a narrow field, so be it…if that’s what you want to do?  Although I suspect the thought of playing games for 2 years is very appealing to those with little idea what they want to do post-18.

@JerrySLO @Mkelly

Its a shame that the food have gone downhill. When the stadium first open, the pies were decent and you have a bit of variety in the fans village. I’m not sure why they changed the pies suppliers and offer less choice outside. You’d thought it be pretty easy yo get some independent food trucks offering different options.

Appreciate the feedback, thank you.  Myself and Jerry will come back on it soon.  

Re choice outside, a lot of our traders didn’t re start after COVID sadly and we are always looking for innovative offerings. 

I would however, recommend a walk around the stadium concourse, each concourse has different offerings - the Dolman due its size is the most limited, the south stand has the Caribbean, Lansdown has Jolly Hog, The Bears and Robins as well as our own offerings. 

The comments about us using free student labour is nonsense.  Our investment into our youth workers is an important part of the stadium,  all of whom are paid for work and we are partners with Bristol City council in getting youngsters and long term unemployed in roles across the stadium and HPC’s

Mark 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Henry said:

@JerrySLO @Mkelly

Its a shame that the food have gone downhill. When the stadium first open, the pies were decent and you have a bit of variety in the fans village. I’m not sure why they changed the pies suppliers and offer less choice outside. You’d thought it be pretty easy yo get some independent food trucks offering different options.

Thats harsh. How many stadiums do you think have outlets selling Mexican food and Jamaican goat curry. May be expensive , but limited choice it definitely isn't.

• Like 6

Used to get a pasty on my way to my seat as a ritual but that stopped this season when they changed the supplier, awful fare. Why they changed an award winning supplier I don’t know. 
I have tried some of the other suppliers though and can recommend the Mexican outside as well as Feed The Goat, either of their curry’s are amazing. But the prices for anything in and around the stadium is now ridiculous 

5 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Appreciate the feedback, thank you.  Myself and Jerry will come back on it soon.  

Re choice outside, a lot of our traders didn’t re start after COVID sadly and we are always looking for innovative offerings. 

I would however, recommend a walk around the stadium concourse, each concourse has different offerings - the Dolman due its size is the most limited, the south stand has the Caribbean, Lansdown has Jolly Hog, The Bears and Robins as well as our own offerings. 

The comments about us using free student labour is nonsense.  Our investment into our youth workers is an important part of the stadium,  all of whom are paid for work and we are partners with Bristol City council in getting youngsters and long term unemployed in roles across the stadium and HPC’s

Mark 

Everything is over-priced particularly if you have young-uns, going cashless was the final straw for me, it’s North Street and the Clarks pie van nowadays

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Wasn't there supposed to be an agreement that Gregg's were going to supply the food at Ashton Gate a few years ago, or have I imagined that?

Christ that would be awful- cannot stand that chain and their dire offerings.

Question that has always really bugged me about people who eat pies at 3pm or at half time…is this your late lunch? Early tea? or are you just all greedy bastards? As much as they always smell nice when  the people round me tuck into them I can’t get my head round necking a greasy artery clogger before I head home and have a meal in the evening!

answers on a postcard

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Mark 

Hi Mark.

CHIPS.

POSER TABLES.

#DMS.

Love ya,

Rob.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Thats harsh. How many stadiums do you think have outlets selling Mexican food and Jamaican goat curry. May be expensive , but limited choice it definitely isn't.

I said less choice, not no choice.

There is now less variety in the fans village then when it first opened. I would have hoped the choice of food vans would have evolved and been added it, not reduced.

Changing an award winning pie supplier was a bad move as well.

12 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Mark 

Cheers for the tip. I will take a stroll around the concourses when next I need food at AG.

I had been under the impression that everyone only had the choice of tasteless steak pasties and tasteless cheese & onion pasties that you get in the Dolman. (Seriously, I'd look at changing the supplier for these)

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Cheers for the tip. I will take a stroll around the concourses when next I need food at AG.

I had been under the impression that everyone only had the choice of tasteless steak pasties and tasteless cheese & onion pasties that you get in the Dolman. (Seriously, I'd look at changing the supplier for these)

If Clark’s pies had an outlet in the concourse and still sold pasties and pies at the same £2:50p price (in fact I’d happily pay£3) would definitely abandon my years long boycott of buying anything inside the stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

If Clark’s pies had an outlet in the concourse and still sold pasties and pies at the same £2:50p price (in fact I’d happily pay£3) would definitely abandon my years long boycott of buying anything inside the stadium.

But the club would want a cut of the profits, or a rent to pitch the stall, so they would have to sell pies for much more than outside. Having said that, I have just had a Clarks pie in work, delivered to us in a van, for £1.10. 

Edited by The Horse With No Name

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

But the club would want a cut of the profits, or a rent to pitch the stall, so they would have to sell pies for much more than outside.

I get that of course. It’s just a shame in my view. It’ll be the Clarke’s van as it’s always been………..:dunno:

18 hours ago, Harry said:

I usually get a coffee up in the family stand, but I prefer a decaf and they don’t do them up there. 
So last night, I happened across the coffee stall in the lower concourse under the Lansdown - Atyeo end. I don’t usually go that way so I thought, ooh, I might be able to grab a decaf here. Lovely. 
So, I get myself a decaf. Excellent. 
Do you have any toppers? No. 
So I have to carry a hot coffee all the way up the 139 steps to the top of the stand without a top on it!! 
Cheers then. 

But we won! That not 'nough?

• Like 1

Can under 18’s serve alcohol? I know they can’t sell it without approval in a shop. How does the club get round this, having an aldult supervising them I guess? I’ve never thought about this until this thread.

As for card only, I guess it’s quicker, more Covid friendly, less open to fraud both from fans and workers and and doesn’t have to be counted or banked.

Living in Devon I have often bought a sausage roll, and my son has had a steak & ale pie when we get to Ashton Gate for an evening game. He couldn’t make it on Wednesday but I had a sausage roll …

It was hot  - tick

It was very very greasy - even the lady who served me had to wipe her hands after handing me the bag,

And it was £3.25!!

Its the last time I will be buying one - overpriced and just not worth it!