IGNORED

World cup play off draw to take place

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, I'd fancy one or both to get through the first round. It's after that where they might run into Italy, Portugal etc that'll be the problem.

Guess they would all want Italy and Portugal to draw each other in the finals (if that would be possible)

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Same as Azerbaijan & Armenia who haven’t been allowed to draw each other for years. 

Spain and Gibraltar are kept apart as well. For political reasons Israel is a member of UEFA so doesn't play any of it's neighbours.

Contrastingly though, in a previous tournament a qualifying group consisted of North Korea, South Korea, Iran, Iraq and Saudi! Players shook hands and greeted other as brothers at the end of each game.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Super said:

I think they stand a good chance against those as they will be at home

I am extremely and unashamedly biased but does any one else think the Taffs are one of the most lucky teams around? 

In any case I hope the Taffs and the Jocks get knocked out in the Semis. I don't buy in to the home nations argument. English and England only.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I am extremely and unashamedly biased but does any one else think the Taffs are one of the most lucky teams around? 

In any case I hope the Taffs and the Jocks get knocked out in the Semis. I don't buy in to the home nations argument. English and England only.

Why are they lucky? You could say England are lucky with the piss easy groups they seem to get.

8 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

BBC red button 601 at 4pm friday afternoon(26th november 2021)

As I have stated in the past,I ain't going and I am  saving my money for Germany and USA

Will I watch England? YES I WILL and I will refrain from buying World cup related items

There's no is you is, or is you ain't? with you mate, with this is there is? You ain't and that's the end of it. Or is it is?

40 minutes ago, Super said:

Why are they lucky? You could say England are lucky with the piss easy groups they seem to get.

No luck involved. England are always going to be seeded as no.1 in any group draw so will inevitably play inferior opposition. Wasn't always the case (74,78.94) you have to earn your luck on the pitch as England have done since '98. In fact for many years England were no.2 seed in qualifying and Tournament groups.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Extra text
  • Like 2