IGNORED

World cup play off draw to take place

Never to the dark side

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Okay, well why is that a problem?

Because like me probably he is fed up with women's football getting so much airtime. It's crap football no matter how they try and sell it, watched by very few at the stadia and just the bbc bowing to the righteous few again

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, frenchred said:

Because like me probably he is fed up with women's football getting so much airtime. It's crap football no matter how they try and sell it, watched by very few at the stadia and just the bbc bowing to the righteous few again

Well a few things. 

Firstly, the BBC, like any broadcaster, will promote it's own programming, and as they hold the domestic rights to the Euros next year, it's in their interests. I presume the WC qualification matches for Scotland and Wales will be on Sky? Apologies if I'm wrong.

Secondly, we are hosting the Euros next year, and the BBC, as a national broadcaster should be helping to promote it, and show off female footballers as role models to encourage more girls to take up the sport.

Thirdly, the last time the lionesses played in a major tournament, that game had a domestic audience 2 million more than the combined populations of Scotland and Wales.

No one is forcing you to watch womens football, and indeed 99% of football coverage in the UK, be it on TV, radio or other media, is the men's game. You have plenty of options. I'm looking forward to it, and have tickets for some matches. Sure it's different, and I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's certainly not in any way over represented. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, supercidered said:

I am extremely and unashamedly biased but does any one else think the Taffs are one of the most lucky teams around? 

In any case I hope the Taffs and the Jocks get knocked out in the Semis. I don't buy in to the home nations argument. English and England only.

Don’t like either. I hope they both fail to qualify.

• Like 1