IGNORED

So, we`re four games off the half way point of the season

Lanterne Rouge

And we have 23 points (1.21PPG). 

The next four are Blades (A), WRDC (H), Hull (A) and Huddersfield (H). I can see us getting at least 7 points from that lot so would most of us be (relatively) happy with 30 points at the half way point?

I don`t see any reason why we can`t win the two home games (now we`ve remembered how) and get one draw from the two away games. A few weeks back I`d be looking at winning at Hull but they seem to have found some form of late.

If we`ve got thirty points by Christmas we will not go down IMO.

• Hmmm 1

30 points at half way would be decent imo.  It's equivalent to 1.3 points per game, which is an improvement on Holden's final 15 games (0.94 ppg) and Pearson's games at the end of last season (0.64 ppg). So it would represent proper improvement in that department.

I can see your reasoning, but I think 7 from the next 4 is a tad optimistic. I'm expecting more like 5, maybe 6 if we nick two wins. What I do know is that the points are unlikely to come where we expect them to.

We aren't getting relegated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

30 points at half way would be decent imo.  It's equivalent to 1.3 points per game, which is an improvement on Holden's final 15 games (0.94 ppg) and Pearson's games at the end of last season (0.64 ppg). So it would represent proper improvement in that department.

I can see your reasoning, but I think 7 from the next 4 is a tad optimistic. I'm expecting more like 5, maybe 6 if we nick two wins. What I do know is that the points are unlikely to come where we expect them to.

We aren't getting relegated.

The beautiful inconsistency of the championship 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m boring….taking one game at a time.

Yep, Derby might be bottom but just got 4 points out of 6 from Fulham & Bournemouth.

Hull are probably the division’s form team after a really poor start.

The positive for me is after Sunday we have no midweek games until Xmas so can hopefully get James, King & Tanner back to strengthen our numbers.

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

This season is definitely one where I'd like us to get to 50 points ASAP.

28 by halfway is a tough but realistic target.

Looking at the current bottom 6 I suspect the threshold this season will be more like 46 rather than 50, but 50 will certainly see us safe. Its a good target to reach ASAP as you say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Looking at the current bottom 6 I suspect the threshold this season will be more like 46 rather than 50, but 50 will certainly see us safe. Its a good target to reach ASAP as you say.

Possibly even lower, it was 44 points last season.  The other point to bear in mind is if we do get to the 28-30 point mark at half way, it takes a lot of the pressure of the club to do short term business in January that we might feel obliged to do if we are only just above the relegation zone.

• Like 2

As an oddity, we have beaten every team below us we have played, 12 points from the 4 matches, and two currently in the play offs, 7pts from the six of them. A whole pile of teams within reach 7-17th and we are yet to beat any of them. A good number of them only ahead of us because of late results against us. Against this ‘midtable’ we have 4 points from 9 matches, all draws. Not sure if it means anything, other than we are pretty much midtable point wise, but crap against midtable teams.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

As an oddity, we have beaten every team below us we have played, 12 points from the 4 matches, and two currently in the play offs, 7pts from the six of them. A whole pile of teams within reach 7-17th and we are yet to beat any of them. A good number of them only ahead of us because of late results against us. Against this ‘midtable’ we have 4 points from 9 matches, all draws. Not sure if it means anything, other than we are pretty much midtable point wise, but crap against midtable teams.

image.thumb.png.b0c7cef6bca035825316316770331758.png

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t see any reason why we can`t win the two home games.

What we've seen in the last two home matches is a bit of progress. A bit. I don't count Barnsley really as the performance was not at the level that would really win you many games.

Last time we won two in a row at home in the league was January. I think that's reason enough not to expect to win both those home games. 4 points would be excellent from them.

• Like 1