IGNORED

10 years ago... RIP

phantom

Heard a tribute from Adrian Durham on Talksport. As one of the early premier league stars, linked in with my early days of March / Shoot magazines, it’s hard not to feel ties with Speed. Played with the emotions it did. What a player and appeared a great guy. Whilst I appreciate he was levels above, what we would do for a goal scoring midfielder like him. Magnificent at timing his runs and great in the air. RIP fella. Time has flown. 

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Heard a tribute from Adrian Durham on Talksport. As one of the early premier league stars, linked in with my early days of March / Shoot magazines, it’s hard not to feel ties with Speed. Played with the emotions it did. What a player and appeared a great guy. Whilst I appreciate he was levels above, what we would do for a goal scoring midfielder like him. Magnificent at timing his runs and great in the air. RIP fella. Time has flown. 

Remember him scoring a header against us at Bramall Lane towards the end of 'that' playoff season..

Great atmosphere that day & we were robbed....

RIP Sir....

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

RIP Gary. You would like to think that, had he had his demons now, times have changed enough for him to have felt he could seek help.

If there is a positive from his death it is that it played a part in helping to make talking about mental health less of a taboo.   For a young successful football man who was seemingly happy and well balanced to struggle and end his life has given permission for others (especially men) to say they need help.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1