IGNORED

Now that the Bears are sh*t ..

myol'man

51 minutes ago, myol'man said:

...and there is no danger of relegation from the rugby Premiership, will Lansdown hand his dusty wallet to Pearson in January ?

PLAYERS WAGE BILL BRISTOL RUGBY = £7 million including marquee players and homegrown 

PLAYERS WAGE BILL BRISTOL CITY = £12Million  according to salarysport.com 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Just trying to open the debate boys and girls ⚽️  ?

I know that the top rugby boys earn the equivalent of a championship football player and the restraints of FFP in the EFL but SL isn't the Almighty you know ? 

So you "open the debate" then closed it yourself in your next post. Great. 

My dad used to refer to things like this as "attention getting behaviour"... but he was talking about children usually.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So you "open the debate" then closed it yourself in your next post. Great. 

My dad used to refer to things like this as "attention getting behaviour"... but he was talking about children usually.

I know that I'm getting shot down in flames here, but outside of the four walls of OTIB, fans ask this question. The point I'm making is the Bears are safe in the Premiership bubble, they sure ain't gonna win it this season,  City haven't really spent big for several windows, so, will Pearson be given a bit of leeway to improve the squad? £££

A couple of years ago it was being said that as we are nowhere near the £39m loss over 3 season threshold it'll be soon time to splash the cash. 

Hasn't happened yet?

*puts on tin helmet 

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I know that I'm getting shot down in flames here, but outside of the four walls of OTIB, fans ask this question. The point I'm making is the Bears are safe in the Premiership bubble, they sure ain't gonna win it this season,  City haven't really spent big for several windows, so, will Pearson be given a bit of leeway to improve the squad? £££

A couple of years ago it was being said that as we are nowhere near the £39m loss over 3 season threshold it'll be soon time to splash the cash. 

Hasn't happened yet?

*puts on tin helmet 

When you factor in wages etc, we have no leeway on that loss figure. The only way we could spend is to sell someone for a significant fee. The people "outside the OTIB bubble" need educating on these things.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Hasn't happened yet?

*puts on tin helmet 

I'm genuinely confused. In one post you seem to be implying that SL isn't spending by choice and this had something to to with the bears, in another post you say you know about the "restraints of FFP in the EFL", then in another following post you seem to then once again imply that it is some sort of decision not to fund Pearson.

To be clear SL is wealthy enough that he could if he wanted to fund Bristol City the Bears and all the other sports ventures he is involved in a few times over but as you say there are rules such as FFP that stop this. I doubt he has a kitty for sport and then decides which way to push the money.

Can you remember 19/20 when we did spend big when Kalas, Palmer, JD, HNM, Wells, Nagy, Bentley as well as about 5 other (at least) players joined? In what I think is an answer to your question - that's when we spent big.

Edited by Pezo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Hasn't happened yet?

*puts on tin helmet 

Firstly, I don’t understand why you bring Bears into the subject matter.  It’s totally irrelevant in whether City have money to spend or not.

If you genuinely want to discuss where City are in FFP terms, then I’m happy to get involved.  Just reply as such and I’ll try and explain.  But it is not “SL isn’t funding City, he’s funding Bears instead”, because actually he’s funding City massively.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly, I don’t understand why you bring Bears into the subject matter.  It’s totally irrelevant in whether City have money to spend or not.

If you genuinely want to discuss where City are in FFP terms, then I’m happy to get involved.  Just reply as such and I’ll try and explain.  But it is not “SL isn’t funding City, he’s funding Bears instead”, because actually he’s funding City massively.

Bringing the Bears into the discussion as we are all in the Bristol Sport team together, Bears are now much nearer being self sufficient than City.

We all know SL funds both teams with huge amounts but he won't be here forever, so does he throw one more massive wedge at it before he rides off into the sunset? 

Or is he constrained by the FFP that you are about to explain? 

Thank you ? 

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Bringing the Bears into the discussion as we are all in the Bristol Sport team together, Bears are now much nearer being self sufficient than City.

We all know SL funds both teams with huge amounts but he won't be here forever, so does he throw one more massive wedge at it before he rides off into the sunset? 

Or is he constrained by the FFP that you are about to explain? 

Thank you ? 

Bears and City “funding” is completely separate, although both companies form part of Pula Sport…which SL owns.

20E0D1F0-C85F-4914-ADC5-4ED745446F5C.thumb.jpeg.747ce16b5aa32e32aa4b8679ff9d0113.jpeg

SL can put as much money as he likes into Bristol City, but unfortunately FFP means it’s pointless, because FFP says he can only cover losses not inject money - this is to stop an owner buying their way to success.  A Champ club is allowed to make losses of £15m over a normal 3 year cycle (let’s ignore covid for now) without an owner offering to support (Ave. £5m p.a).  If an owner offers to underwrite losses, then those increase to £39m of losses (Ave. £13m p.a).  There are a few costs that are allowed to be left out of FFP, e.g. Academy and Ladies football.

The losses over the last few years get complicated  by covid.

So that’s part one.  Do you want to get into City’s position?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bears and City “funding” is completely separate, although both companies form part of Pula Sport…which SL owns.

20E0D1F0-C85F-4914-ADC5-4ED745446F5C.thumb.jpeg.747ce16b5aa32e32aa4b8679ff9d0113.jpeg

SL can put as much money as he likes into Bristol City, but unfortunately FFP means it’s pointless, because FFP says he can only cover losses not inject money - this is to stop an owner buying their way to success.  A Champ club is allowed to make losses of £15m over a normal 3 year cycle (let’s ignore covid for now) without an owner offering to support (Ave. £5m p.a).  If an owner offers to underwrite losses, then those increase to £39m of losses (Ave. £13m p.a).  There are a few costs that are allowed to be left out of FFP, e.g. Academy and Ladies football.

The losses over the last few years get complicated  by covid.

So that’s part one.  Do you want to get into City’s position?

Yes, carry on please, very interesting ? 

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RivieraRed said:

A pointless comment... taking pot shot at the Bears for no good reason...  

Taking pot shot at rugby Premiership for no relegation policy, Bears are just part of the closed shop now so they don't need anymore SL funding, finish bottom every season, no one cares!

5 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Taking pot shot at rugby Premiership for no relegation policy, Bears are just part of the closed shop now so they don't need anymore SL funding, finish bottom every season, no one cares!

No I’m pretty sure the Bristol Bears fans will care seeing them finish bottom every year 

Sometimes things are finger-licking good, other times

they're just ass-wiping bad.

Do bears?

I can't speak for all of you, but I need no second chance to post up a video of this beautiful, iconic British legend.

I'm talking about Kate, but Rowan is pretty iconic too.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Hasn't happened yet?

*puts on tin helmet 

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

I know the restraints of FFP in the EFL 

You clearly don't know the restrains of FFP then.....

And I wonder what could have happened in the last 20 ish months that might have changed the financial standpoint of the club from when people were talking about having a healthy buffer....