IGNORED

Today’s games (Sat)

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Paterson now has 8 goals in the league this season, that’s 6 fewer than Palmer has scored in his entire career.

But he’s a “one good game in 10” player, isn’t he? ?

I think he probably needed a change of scenery to reach his full potential. It’s not like we didn’t give him enough chances!

• Like 4

Just now, pl00peh91 said:

I think he probably needed a change of scenery to reach his full potential. It’s not like we didn’t give him enough chances!

Agree, I remember reading an interview a couple months ago and it certainly sounded like the way things happened this move has changed his mindset as a player. 
Good on him and shows what can be achieved by some of these talented players if their head’s in the right place. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Paterson now has 8 goals in the league this season, that’s 6 fewer than Palmer has scored in his entire career.

No. He was a good game in 15 for us. To be fair his best spell was in that three month period during the cup run . That football suited him better . Just like Swansea do. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think it was fairly clear KP wanted to stay at Swansea and believe he still lives there, wonder if the signing of Pato effectively scuppered any chance of KP getting his move? seems to be working out well for the swans

58 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Watch out for Michael Duff. He’s looking like a real talent . Amazing what he is doing with Cheltenham on a minimal budget . 

Little stat from this wiki that is useless but I liked "He is believed to be the only player to have played in each of the top eight tiers of English football in ascending order"

Was looking him up thought I recognised his name he played 600 games for them and Burnley. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I think it was fairly clear KP wanted to stay at Swansea and believe he still lives there, wonder if the signing of Pato effectively scuppered any chance of KP getting his move? seems to be working out well for the swans

Swansea didn’t want Palmer though, did they? Just 2 starts in his loan spell there.

We were the only mugs to buy him after a loan spell, I still can’t fathom why.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Little stat from this wiki that is useless but I liked "He is believed to be the only player to have played in each of the top eight tiers of English football in ascending order"

Was looking him up thought I recognised his name he played 600 games for them and Burnley. 

Fairly sure he was discovered (along with his brother Shane) by one Steve Cotterill whilst they were both playing for Cirencester Town while Cotts was Cheltenham manager. Both played for Cheltenham and Cotts took Mike to Burnley. Not sure about Shane.

Cotts - Always a good judge of a player, 

• Like 1