IGNORED

Today’s games (Sat)

Davefevs

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Paterson now has 8 goals in the league this season, that’s 6 fewer than Palmer has scored in his entire career.

But he’s a “one good game in 10” player, isn’t he? ?

He was for us. I’m sure I read that the summer gone was incredibly tough for him following his release. May be that’s given him the kick up the ass that was needed and a bit of focus. Good luck to him - for his sake. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I bet Paterson is now delighted we didnt offer him a new contract and the Boro trial was unsuccessful. Neither side would have had Pato playing been paying as well as what Swansea are imo. 

???

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I think it was fairly clear KP wanted to stay at Swansea and believe he still lives there, wonder if the signing of Pato effectively scuppered any chance of KP getting his move? seems to be working out well for the swans

According to the guy who sits behind me, KP lived in Keynsham but has just moved to Saltford.

Just now, redcard said:

KP lives near Long Ashton I've been reliably told! I know a guy who lives in the same road.

He has been seen in Keynsham high street, though over a year ago. The guy behind me said KP used to live in Chandag Road, and apparently he has been seen up Manor Road playing fields with his lad. 

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

According to the guy who sits behind me, KP lived in Keynsham but has just moved to Saltford.

I know a while ago he was living and his wife wanted to stay in Swansea where there baby was born, of course his family home could be in Swansea and KP has a pad he lives in during the week or they may have relocated back to Bristol now with a Swansea move not on the cards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

He has been seen in Keynsham high street, though over a year ago. The guy behind me said KP used to live in Chandag Road, and apparently he has been seen up Manor Road playing fields with his lad. 

Recently just moved to a place near Naghi Wells. On the same estate.

• Like 1

Unless I have missed it, everyone on here a bit sad that Pato has left and is doing ok at Swansea - but the real miss for us is Korey Smith. Incredible still how he left the club and the manner in which it happened.

Paterson however, is realising some potential because he is in an environment where being a cheeky chappy and coasting is not enough and he has enough about him to apply himself and rejuvenate himself. Looks sharper and more focussed than he did at our (historically) cosy club.

Do not look at him now and wonder why we let him go - different player now, thats our clubs fault and the culture that festered that is so hard to shake. He would never have been the player he is there; here; consistently.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Unless I have missed it, everyone on here a bit sad that Pato has left and is doing ok at Swansea - but the real miss for us is Korey Smith. Incredible still how he left the club and the manner in which it happened.

Whilst, given his recent injury record, it was understandable that KS was released, what was incomprehensible and quite unforgivable was the fact that, instead of a Club statement confirming he was being released and thanking him for his contribution, KS was obliged to release his own statement on social media.

• Robin 1

36 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Paterson however, is realising some potential because he is in an environment where being a cheeky chappy and coasting is not enough and he has enough about him to apply himself and rejuvenate himself. Looks sharper and more focussed than he did at our (historically) cosy club.

Do not look at him now and wonder why we let him go - different player now, thats our clubs fault and the culture that festered that is so hard to shake. He would never have been the player he is there; here; consistently.

Seems to happen a lot doesn't it, it's a bit of a cliché but we have gone through a fairly long period now where players that were not considered  good enough for us or were criticised by the fan base for being crap lazy etc seem to have  flourished at other clubs. 

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Seems to happen a lot doesn't it, it's a bit of a cliché but we have gone through a fairly long period now where players that were not considered  good enough for us or were criticised by the fan base for being crap lazy etc seem to have  flourished at other clubs. 

Goes back to my point a few days ago, that very few of our recruits seemed bad on paper, but didn’t flourish here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Pato gave everything for us. Not sure how he could run any more than he did.

I have seen him for Swansea and there's no difference in his ability or effort. The difference is he is in his perfect position which he never played for us. When he receives the ball there are always passing options. He has loads more touches than he did with us and most importantly he has loads more touches in attacking positions.

For us this season he would have had balls going over his head a lot of the time. I think it was right to let him go. It's a bit like Dasilva imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he does really well at a different club but we aren't suited to him.

Disagree. You can run around all day and have no influence, look like you are busy.

Pato, whilst having all the ability to drive us on, was a ghost a lot of the time.

”Hiding” whilst looking busy is a common thing in football.

• Like 1