IGNORED

Today’s games (Sat)

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think it was a matter of somebody had to go, not sure there was a long queue for Palmer, certainly Swansea wouldn’t want him. So Pato it was.

Question is why did we sign Palmer just after we signed szmodics plus having pato on the books. Pato ended up being the patsy because of our shambles of a recruitment policy. That’s if there was one. 
Three number 10’s when we didn’t play with a number ten. We’re reaping that shit now 

• Like 3

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Question is why did we sign Palmer just after we signed szmodics plus having pato on the books. Pato ended up being the patsy because of our shambles of a recruitment policy. That’s if there was one. 
Three number 10’s when we didn’t play with a number ten. We’re reaping that shit now 

Absolutely. We had to get rid of Paterson because of finances - i.e. we had waste of space Palmer on the books. Palmer, who has had enough chances to impress Pearson and doesn't seem to give a **** whether he plays or not. Another wonderful example of hoarding "clubs in the bag".

• Like 5

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

We’ll it certainly wasn’t on my recommendation.

Right from the start of his loan spell you could see he was a player that was unlikely to give you too many solid 90 minute games and so it’s proved. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Absolutely. We had to get rid of Paterson because of finances - i.e. we had waste of space Palmer on the books. Palmer, who has had enough chances to impress Pearson and doesn't seem to give a **** whether he plays or not. Another wonderful example of hoarding "clubs in the bag".

And we’re in the state we’re in now because of it. Which pisses me off. Don’t want to get into the debate again we’ve done it to death but it grates big time. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Swansea didn’t want Palmer though, did they? Just 2 starts in his loan spell there.

We were the only mugs to buy him after a loan spell, I still can’t fathom why.

You remember that bloke Ashton. And our ‘amazing’ relationship with Chelski.

it was only amazing cos we shelled out about 15 million on three players. Two of whom aren’t even playing.

amazing for them. Not so good for us.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think it was a matter of somebody had to go, not sure there was a long queue for Palmer, certainly Swansea wouldn’t want him. So Pato it was.

We signed Palmer and Szmodics in the same window, when we really didn’t need to. 

That recklessness looks to have gone with Ashton / Johnson thankfully.

• Like 3

II was amazed by the difference in the two lunch time games.

In the Prem Arsenal played a sterile game v Newcastle and strolled to a win.

Meanwhile, in the Champs, Fulham went to Preston and fought out a keenly contested draw with robust tackles & challenges and both sides making chances at goal etc. It was far more entertaining.

14 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Geoff can't put this to Ashton now, but he might care to quiz SL on Ashton and all that, next time Steve's over and fancies a grilling

I’d like to ask him why he thought it a good idea to employ him a second time after he royally ****** up in a recruitment consultancy role in 2012/13

• Like 5

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Watch out for Michael Duff. He’s looking like a real talent . Amazing what he is doing with Cheltenham on a minimal budget . 

I’ve been watching him for a while. 
Doing a fantastic job and has a great team atmosphere. 
Recruited well. Loaned well. Has a smattering of academy kids in the squad. 
I’ve been up to the ‘Johnny Rocks Stadium’ 3 times this season and I’ve been impressed. Especially as all 3 games were against vastly superior opposition in MK, Oxford & Rotherham. 
Duff deffo seems to have something about him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve been watching him for a while. 
Doing a fantastic job and has a great team atmosphere. 
Recruited well. Loaned well. Has a smattering of academy kids in the squad. 
I’ve been up to the ‘Johnny Rocks Stadium’ 3 times this season and I’ve been impressed. Especially as all 3 games were against vastly superior opposition in MK, Oxford & Rotherham. 
Duff deffo seems to have something about him. 

Up the Duff. 
:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1