IGNORED

Tommy Doc

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-legend-open-refurbished-6267728

Sorry if this has already been posted.

As personal appearances go, this is amongst the weirdest.

Is it as weird as when people abbreviate his name to Tommy "Doc" when his name doesn't have a C in it....?

26 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The only Tommy Docherty chant I know starts "Doc, Doc, Docherty, who the ... ". Late 70s vintage.

It's weird.........very few got the fact that it is DOH  and not DOC, probably/possibly  because of his namesake, the Ex- Man U manager?    Whatever way u want to say it, Tommy was one of the greatest players to ever grace the Gate , with just a few tweaks, he could have played at a much higher level.......and with his combination of combativeness and skill he often held the midfield together, a very underrated footballer.  Possibly, with Jacki, Super Bob and Walshie, one of my best loved City players. I will definitely be drinking to that!!

• Like 1

Just now, maxjak said:

It's weird.........very few got the fact that it is DOH  and not DOC, probably/possibly  because of his namesake, the Ex- Man U manager?    Whatever way u want to say it, Tommy was one of the greatest players to ever grace the Gate , with just a few tweaks, he could have played at a much higher level.......and with his combination of combativeness and skill he often held the midfield together, a very underrated footballer.  Possibly, with Jacki, Super Bob and Walshie, one of my best loved City players. I will definitely be drinking to that!!

I'm pretty sure if the current squad play with his heart and determination for the rest of the season we'll be fine.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Been trying to find a way to get in contact with him for a Cider With episode for about 18 months, he seems to be totally untraceable!

Anyone that knows him/his driver/barber/butcher that would be able to get us in touch with him, I will repay in cider ??

Hamish at the Luckwell seemed to manage it, so probably a good place to ask. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-legend-open-refurbished-6267728

Sorry if this has already been posted.

As personal appearances go, this is amongst the weirdest.

Given the times we used to see Tommy out in town back in his playing days, I wouldn’t be surprised if he only agreed to this appearance if they removed the smoking ban from pubs!! ?

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Matt Hale..

local lad weren’t he? 

meant to be the next big thing

Played against him in centre mid when he was at Longwell Green in the early-mid 2000’s. 
I couldn’t get near him!!! Superb little player. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Been trying to find a way to get in contact with him for a Cider With episode for about 18 months, he seems to be totally untraceable!

Anyone that knows him/his driver/barber/butcher that would be able to get us in touch with him, I will repay in cider ??

The Whitchurch toilets might be a good place to start the search ? 

• Haha 2