IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Would definitely take a point today. 

Derby and Hull mentioned as lower placed teams but I don't think those games will be easy either. Hull are on a bit of a run and Derby have a few good players. 

Maybe a bit unlucky, but certainly will be facing them both when they are in pretty good form. Hull now on a good run and Derby just taken 4 points off the top two. No easy games…

Edited by cityexile

Good Day all!   A good start would be great , as we usually take so long to settle down and let teams come on to us from the KO.  If we press them like we did against Stoke from the beginning this time, then I think we will have a good chance of at least getting a point or even three.  So all of you up there, hope you get a good result. Come On You Red's!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
4 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

As expected, Massengo for Williams

FFRu8lxXsAI5EFA.jpg

That midfield. It's done well but the youth is mad. COD is the old head at 25, iirc Bakinson is 21, Massengo 20, Scott and Benarous are 18 and 17 respectively. I might have a year wrong here or there. They're doing well, but I'd love James' experience back in there soon.

Up against Bogle, Norwood, Hourihane etc. That's some real experience v real youth today.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Swede said:

I would take a draw right now such is our plight and especially after the results yesterday. Another game closer to the transfer window where NP can offload those who don't want to be on the bus and get better reinforcements who do.

Quite odd results yesterday, every team in the bottom half except Luton picked up points.

A win today (big ask) and we are right in mid table, remarkable considering how poor we've been in the most part.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

That midfield. It's done well but the youth is mad. COD is the old head at 25, iirc Bakinson is 21, Massengo 20, Scott and Benarous are 18 and 17 respectively. I might have a year wrong here or there. They're doing well, but I'd love James' experience back in there soon.

Up against Bogle, Norwood, Hourihane etc. That's some real experience v real youth today.

Yeah didn't we expect James to be back by now?

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Was just about to post similar. Nothing in the team is a surprise, but seeing it like that in black and white…blimey. Tough one for them today. 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good to see Semenyo on the bench. Hopefully he’ll get a cameo today.

He’s been on the bench for the last 3 games, he actually came on v Blackburn!

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ages:

Bentley 28

Vyner 24, Kalas 28, Baker 30

Scott 18, Massengo 20, Bakinson 23, Benarous 18, O’Dowda 26

Martin 33, Weimann 30

Total 278 / 11, 25.27.

1 minute ago, YGBjammy said:

Our centre midfield of Massengo, Benarous, and Bakinson has an average age of about 20. I have faith in them, but we have to acknowledge that is VERY young for a championship midfield trio. No real CMs on the bench either.

The legs of Benarous and Massengo versus Norwood and the slowing-Hourihane might be something to watch today.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Thought they were just resting him? Just come back from injury.

No evidence it is an injury that is going to keep him out for a while. Seemed to be saying last game his hamstring was feeling tight and got taken off. Given a long break for injury, three games in a week is most likely seen as an an unnecessary risk and this is ‘an abundance of caution’ rather than anything more serious. Hope so anyway.

edit: umm…then it emerges ‘out for a few weeks…’

Edited by cityexile