IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

Just now, scrumpy88 said:

Pearson just confirmed, Williams out for another few weeks 

It's a big loss & so frustrating! (even more so for him personally) 

With him in the team we look SO much better. 

He's one of the better midfielders in the championship, was a great signing and we've been so unlucky to have him crocked since day 1.

All we can do is hope that sooner or later he can actually get over his injury nightmares and stay fully fit. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

The question should be............What's right with Williams?  I love the bloke, but unfortunately his hamstrings are made from candy floss?

Concern was that original injury last pre-season was a quad…but you do wonder whether the previous regime’s pre-season error (admitted by Orme) might mean our player’s hamstrings are gonna take some time to get back to normal.  Rennie has a job on his hands.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

So judging by the recent comments on here, Jay Dasilva has been added to the bench to give him a chance to wave goodbye to the fans before he leaves in January, is that right?

Maybe playing his “second chance” card.

Also there are no other senior players available. 

I wish them all the best, honestly, but when I see a midfield 2 of HNM & Baks, it does worry me. Both have their positives of course, but when I see us without a Williams or James in there, it does concern me. 
Let’s hope HNM stays disciplined and allows Benarous to do the bulk of the pressing. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Annoyed by Dan White on Robinstv already. He’s done little prep on our opponents. He has no idea who plays where in their defensive set up.

I think that is incredibly poor. This is a paid for product. Toby puts lots of effort in for his prep. 

We're also on a one way trip to cliché town with White.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I wish them all the best, honestly, but when I see a midfield 2 of HNM & Baks, it does worry me. Both have their positives of course, but when I see us without a Williams or James in there, it does concern me. 
Let’s hope HNM stays disciplined and allows Benarous to do the bulk of the pressing. 

Think Tyreeq will sit and both Han and Ayman will be asked to run and run against Norwood and Hourihane.  Famous last words but both Swansea and Sheffield fans have been critical of him and questioned whether his legs have gone.

I’ve got a feeling Hourihane will absolutely boss the midfield here, and what odds Brewster — who’s been unable to hit a cow’s arse with a banjo — rediscovers his goalscoring touch today.

No qualms with the selection; Nige has no other option. But our midfield is a massive concern today against an experienced campaigner like Hourihane, who always does well against us 

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Concern was that original injury last pre-season was a quad…but you do wonder whether the previous regime’s pre-season error (admitted by Orme) might mean our player’s hamstrings are gonna take some time to get back to normal.  Rennie has a job on his hands.

I fear we may have to start planning for a future without him.

Not his fault of course and he may even have grounds to sue for negligence under the previous regime but we cannot afford a player who can only play 1 or 2 games every now and then.

I hope I am wrong though as I see him as a key player.

• Like 2