IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

Tough half. Very much second best.

Conceded way too many chances that half and not surprising with our midfield today being sliced through or bypassed at will.

Think the defence did well generally to keep the ball out the net but the marking went missing for their goal and Brewster didn’t waste the extra space.

We just can’t keep the ball and when we do have it we’ve been very sloppy. We had a short 5/10 min spell of territory, with a couple of corners, one which give Martin our best/only chance of the half which was well saved.

Too many players off their game today, Massengo, Bakinson and Martin wasteful, Benerous, Scott and Weimann very quiet. 

Subs/tweeks needed for me - Semenyo and Wells running would give them something to think about. 

• Like 3

Ball as ever keeps coming back. Nothing … and I mean absolutely nothing up front. Martin is a half decent last 20-30 minutes man.

Weve got to get someone with good movement and pace up top. We give them nothing to think about except for the odd set play. When we do start to break further up the park everything stops at the last third and hey presto we’re on the back foot again.

Our defence have blocked so many times in our box. We have no outlet and haven’t had all season.

Seems to me a great deal of hysteria on Otib today.  We are not promotion material this season,despite some hyping it after Stoke win.  We are also not relegation material.  We have too much brio and too much talent for that.  1-0 away from home at ha.f time isn’t there d of the world, or the end of the afternoon eithet

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Alessandro said:

Tough half. Very much second best.

Conceded way too many chances that half and not surprising with our midfield today being sliced through or bypassed at will.

Think the defence did well generally to keep the ball out the net but the marking went missing for their goal and Brewster didn’t waste the extra space.

We just can’t keep the ball and when we do have it we’ve been very sloppy. We had a short 5/10 min spell of territory, with a couple of corners, one which give Martin our best/only chance of the half which was well saved.

Too many players off their game today, Massengo, Bakinson and Martin wasteful, Benerous, Scott and Weimann very quiet. 

Subs/tweeks needed for me - Semenyo and Wells running would give them something to think about. 

I would have started Wells and Semenyo up front today, if for no other reason than energy.

We’re deservedly behind here. The first 15 they were dominant. I thought we played well in the middle 15, forcing our way up the pitch, winning a series of corners and having a few chances.

The last 15 have seen them dominate again and it was no surprise when they scored. That piece of defending for their goal was as bad as you’ll ever, ever see. Dreadful. 

• Like 1

Scott and O'Dowda arnt fullbacks we are letting to many crosses come in from the wings this needs sorting The midfield looks weak again and we miss Williams and James so much as for up front we are not giving them any service so might as well get them bot off and bring Wells and Semeyno on and try something different

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Seems to me a great deal of hysteria on Otib today.  We are not promotion material this season,despite some hyping it after Stoke win.  We are also not relegation material.  We have too much brio and too much talent for that.  1-0 away from home at ha.f time isn’t there d of the world, or the end of the afternoon eithet

Total lack of ideas, composure or entertainment, but nothing to complain about.... 

• Like 1