IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Thank you for your comment which I disagree with.  We shall be mid table at end of season exactly as NP said at the start.  

I struggle to see how you think this. Sheff Utd were on the same points as us going into this game, if they win this they go midtable, if we win it we go midtable but watching this match so far we look miles away from getting anything. 
I think we'll survive relegation but only because Barnsley and Peterborough are having an awful season and Derby had the points deduction. I mean if Reading hadn't of had the points deduction they'd currently be 3 points above us too.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Yet Brewster committed four or five fouls in the first ten minutes and no yellow card!

Exactly- where was his booking? Thought it was 3 in the first 15-20 but happy to check later...

Still he definitely deserved an early booking- but experienced players kicking the ball away should know better that it can lead to a booking.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Get Wells on for a start........without Williams and James we are at times pitiful.  I will be astounded if we turn this around.  Same old City...same old pheckin excuses?

Apparently I am sad and confused.....surely no more so than the current players representing Bristol City?

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And unsurprising that you give the manager no credit for that but are back wanting him sacked as soon as we have a bad half.

Get ****** with your agenda.

Have we not just got 4 points from the last 2 home games ? How is that an agenda.

We have looked like a different team, well coached, organised and motivated side.

The manager takes credit for that as do the players.

These players are not crap or uncoachable as proved in the last 2 games, as inconvenient as that is to others with agendas.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I don’t rate him, sorry. Never have done.

That’s not an overreaction either, he’s just so frustrating to watch. You just want to grab him and shake him.

The guy is away with the fairies. 

I am a big fan. He actually cuts out quite a few passes, mops up crosses from time to time and is one of the few that will get his head up and try to pass forward. 

That said, he needs to be a bit more energetic and a lot more combative if he wants a long career at this level or higher. He doesn’t need to sprint everywhere like Massengo(who has been chasing the ball everywhere and leaving gaps everywhere for Bakinson and Benarous to try and fill) but he could easily win some 50/50s if he just tried to get there first. And the pulling out and not wanting to make any contact or attempt to tackle is just not how to make a career as a deeper midfielder. 

For as much as I like him, he won’t make it at his current ability. He needs to add those things and quickly. Reputation as a bottler will come quickly and won’t go away. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Seems to me a great deal of hysteria on Otib today.  We are not promotion material this season,despite some hyping it after Stoke win.  We are also not relegation material.  We have too much brio and too much talent for that.  1-0 away from home at ha.f time isn’t there d of the world, or the end of the afternoon eithet

Too much talent seriously?