IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

Just now, Banjo Red said:

For all the good the Lansdowns have done for the club which has been incredible. It is starting to look like we are a team in free fall the odd result is papering over the cracks. We have bar a few assembled a lacklustre squad and they are so quiet no interviews no engaging with the fans, Jon is a wet blanket and hasn't got a scooby.

The squad we have assembled is lamentable, given the cash that has flowed through transfers. 

I can't imagine our current squad is worth much at at all. We often pretend we have promising youngsters but, in heart of hearts, I don't truly believe any of them will make it. 

And the rest of them are hardly on many club's shopping list. 

• Like 1
Just now, CotswoldRed said:

The squad we have assembled is lamentable, given the cash that has flowed through transfers. 

I can't imagine our current squad is worth much at at all. We often pretend we have promising youngsters but, in heart of hearts, I don't truly believe any of them will make it. 

Agreed

1 minute ago, Red white and red said:

Very cosy. ‘Average player come in and earn £25k a week, do **** all and then leave after 3 years. We wish you very success in the future and thank you for your time draining money from the club’.

We only have 3 on that money - allegedly

But you are correct it is a lot in the current climate, competitive when they signed but very expensive now.

27 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Holden used to get slated for doing this. I hope it works but seriously he used to get ripped to pieces for this

Didn't work- definitely not a wise tactical move, hoped it might work but feared it wouldn't.

Not that it was the difference today. Semenyo on at 1-0 and retain some kind of shape in CM, maybe a reconfigured...

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Atkinson O'Dowda

Massengo Bakinson

Weimann Scott Semenyo

Martin

Far from perfect but Baker's injury would've limited the scope for substitutions- might have had a bit more natural balance? Or Scott wider right, Weimann central behind Martin.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Easy to say when we’ve lost, but Scott and Benarous were brilliant the other night. But that’s the nature of bi-polar otib for you. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, marmite said:

We need to see what Nige can do during the window cos this lot will take us down

Only problem is he's been told there's no money for new players unless we sell first. Who have we got who other clubs would be interested in Bentley, Kalas possibly, but then we have to replace them. It's Catch22!

1 minute ago, marmite said:

We need to see what Nige can do during the window cos this lot will take us down

The bean counters have got to find a way of getting him some cash to spend, we’re not too far from looking like a relegation side, they might have the ability but there’s no application or performance. The club will lose more money by an extended stay in L1, as this lot aren’t tough enough for rough and tumble football, so will struggle to come back up.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Easy to say when we’ve lost, but Scott and Benarous were brilliant the other night. But that’s the nature of no-polar otib for you. 

If feel fairly indifferent about losing to be fair. 

I'm being honest. It's nice to see young players making a career for themselves, but we have nothing special, and I guarantee fans from other clubs are not making a mental bookmark of our promising youngsters either. 

We do seem to get carried away with the odd tackle, flash of skill.

I just don't think the general view of BCFC fans is particularly objective.