IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

We look ok if we have most of our key players available, people were saying before the game that they were worried about the midfield being so young and the absence of an 'enforcer' such as Mattie Jame or Williams and that's exactly how it's played out. If we can recruit a couple more like them in Jan we'll be ok. If you look at our results since LJ left they've been ok except when were missing loads through injury which has often been the case.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Remind me where Sheff Utd were last season and where the majority of our players were.

Terrible conditions. Terrible ref. 
It wasn’t good but only the most optimistic fans would have expected a victory today.

Those calling for Pearson’s head echo the frustration we are all experiencing but the bloke needs to be given time to mould his own squad. 
We need to stand firm. 
In spite of my ill judged comment on Baker’s, for which I apologise, I wish him a swift recovery.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
13 minutes ago, Street red said:

I think personally Lansdowns time at this club is up but as Pearson said these are perfessional footballers they need to go out and perform but there not and have not for too many seasons now.

Lansdowns time at this club is up??  Have you really thought through what you have just said?   Despite his failings, and at times, poor appointments.....have you any idea where we would be without Steve Lansdown?   Clue - It would not be the Championship?

I dont think it will be that easy to make major changes in Jan window - we arguably have 3 players on high wages (Wells, Palmer, JD) who the club may want to sell, but who can a) afford transfer fee b) pay the wages???

I can see Massengo leaving in Jan as he’s someone who could get us a decent fee, probably has suitors and we can cope without him. 

Today was just poor and sooner James and Williams can get back the better 

26 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Who rattlled  your cage?   If I am not watching   the match, and just following the OTIB site................how could i know he was on the deck for 10 minutes.....boy genius?   I wrongly assumed it was just another Baker injury in the long line of Baker injuries, which was a mistake, I wish him a speedy recovery.  But he is often his own worst enemy, by the way he plays.......The Worm has now said more than emough?

Why comment if you ain’t watching it then you tit 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Remind me where Sheff Utd were last season and where the majority of our players were.

Terrible conditions. Terrible ref. 
It wasn’t good but only the most optimistic fans would have expected a victory today.

Those calling for Pearson’s head echo the frustration we are all experiencing but the bloke needs to be given time to mould his own squad. 
We need to stand firm. 
In spite of my ill judged comment on Baker’s, for which I apologise, I wish him a swift recovery.

Tempted to agree. 

Though, had someone said in Feb "give him until late November before being passing judgement" most would have said that's fair and reasonable. 

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think that's not lost on anyone but we were still outplayed- it was a great win but genuinely against the run of play- like Barnsley etc

You’ve got an agenda against NP as your per your thread a few weeks ago, so I couldn’t give two Tom tits what you think. Where were you on Wednesday night by the way? Not on here iirc. Amazing that you’ve showed up again today…..

Really hope Matty James is back next Saturday. And he’s not another one where we’re told it’s not too serious then they vanish for 47 years. 

I also really hope that the FFP people on the forum are wrong and there’s some scope to spend in January because we need to.

These performances where we look so abject at the basics of football need to sodding stop.

• Like 1

Carry on this season grinding out a few results to keep us afloat is the best we can hope for with this squad. 

Pretty much every game since LJ came in I've rarely seen us dominate a game, and every match seems to be close or we concede a lot of the ball and nick it. 

We haven't outplayed a team since maybe Luton at home a couple years ago, the quality of players in this team just ain't up to standard of where our fanbase thinks we should be. 

You can pinpoint certain player's performances each game like I saw Bakinson mentioned in the thread today but let's not scapegoat players each game when the whole team did nothing.

Yes, Bakinson made a couple mistakes but there were 10 other men on the pitch who let Sheff U roll over us today and they were poor themselves. 

If you ask any other fans of other sides we play I doubt many of them would be begging to sign any our players and that says a lot about what we have going on in BS3. They are either learning their trade in difficult conditions or just letting the season pass them by.

Majority of them aren't good enough but they are good enough to be where we are at this moment in time.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Lansdowns time at this club is up??  Have you really thought through what you have just said?   Despite his failings, and at times, poor appointments.....have you any idea where we would be without Steve Lansdown?   Clue - It would not be the Championship?

Your right, we may be higher?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Yes I have and I understand what your saying and yes we wouldn't be anywhere near the championship without his backing but I still think something needs to change either that he gets more backing or investment into the club because if its the ambition to get to the premier League we won't get it as the structure currently stands.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

You’ve got an agenda against NP as your per your thread a few weeks ago, so I couldn’t give two Tom tits what you think. Where were you on Wednesday night by the way? Not on here iirc. Amazing that you’ve showed up again today…..

Placed next to our average performance, Weds is worth getting excited about. 

But it was still pretty naive and lucklustre in midfield and attack. Just count the number of times we lost possession through unforced errors. 

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Yes I have and I understand what your saying and yes we wouldn't be anywhere near the championship without his backing but I still think something needs to change either that he gets more backing or investment into the club because if its the ambition to get to the premier League we won't get it as the structure currently stands.

I wouldn't disagree

Lets face it. If we stay up this season it will be a miracle the way we are playing. Actually we will stay up by the skin of our teeth because there are some slightly weaker teams than us. Again if we had all our better, more aggressive, disciplined players available, eg Williams, James, Baker, Tanner then we might fair better. Mentally we are so flakey. Our forward play is terrible.

The amount of money wasted on the likes of Palmer and Wells in particular is a disgrace. For a player to not be aware when he broke forward is bad. Once can be a bad mistake, but he’s done this before and I think its pretty inexcusable. I’ll give him that service isnt great, hes shown the odd good finish, but compare him to the likes of Sharp, McGoldrick. They’re more aware, streetwise etc. We’ve got too many players that look technically good in training videos but come a match they look lost, lacking basic skills to read a situation.

Thew manager? I think Pearson knows it. This is a shitshow of a playing squad. But I really don’t think he thought that things ran that deep. Must say I thought he would have done a Warnock by now and at least got us solid, organised but it aint happening bar the odd scraped result. I want him to succeed more now because I can’t for the life of me who would come in with the lack of resource available to do anything. We are where we are and quite frankly I don’t trust Steve Lansdown with any football recruitment decisions at this club.

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Check the MD thread and I was. I dont go missing win lose or draw - can you say the same?

And why does not believing in a Manager equal an agenda? An "agenda" is not not supporting a Manager irrespective of results.

10 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Only problem is he's been told there's no money for new players unless we sell first. Who have we got who other clubs would be interested in Bentley, Kalas possibly, but then we have to replace them. It's Catch22!

Well if that is the case and we do not strengthen in January then we going to be very close to relegation. With Williams .King  and James all getting injuries now and Williams only capable of a few games at a time. Along with the minimal impact that Pearson has had, we are really in the shite. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Placed next to our average performance, Weds is worth getting excited about. 

But it was still pretty naive and lucklustre in midfield and attack. Just count the number of times we lost possession through unforced errors. 

That’s a fair comment CR in some respects but as has been reiterated time and time and time again we are where a lot of us expected us to be this season. We’re not going to be pulling up trees.  Staying up, hopefully safely, is the aim and then build from there. This constant slagging is just tiresome as we are where many of us expected us to be this year given the circumstances we find ourselves in.  Losing 2/0 to Sheff U away is not a result that should send people into meltdown. Yes it could’ve been better but it is what it is at the moment.  

• Like 2