IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

1 minute ago, lenred said:

That’s a fair comment CR in some respects but as has been reiterated time and time and time again we are where a lot of us expected us to be this season. We’re not going to be pulling up trees.  Staying up, hopefully safely, is the aim and then build from there. This constant slagging is just tiresome as we are where many of us expected us to be this year given the circumstances we find ourselves in.  Losing 2/0 to Sheff U away is not a result that should send people into meltdown. Yes it could’ve been better but it is what it is at the moment.  

I think that most people are fed up with the performances, yep this isn’t a great team, but  getting out done by in the effort stakes time and time again is getting tedious. One of our continually lacklustre midfielders have recently been given a contract extension…What does that say? Swan about for 80 mins, bottle every tackle then get a new contract. Probably sums up this lot, life is far too comfortable for them. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s not though is it. It’s not pedantic at all . You obviously don’t know what the word means. 
answer the question . Do you think it’s right to comment on something you haven’t seen ? 

I haven't seen you......but it doesn't take much imagination to conclude what type of person you are?

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I haven't seen you......but it doesn't take much imagination to conclude what type of person you are?

Ah bless. I don’t agree with you so I’m in the wrong . **** off . I couldn’t give a flying **** what you think of me. 
still no answer to the question I see 

Edited by steviestevieneville
2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I think that most people are fed up with the performances, yep this isn’t a great team, but  getting out done by in the effort stakes time and time again is getting tedious. One of our continually lacklustre midfielders have recently been given a contract extension…What does that say? Swan about for 80 mins, bottle every tackle then get a new contract. Probably sums up this lot, life is far too comfortable for them. 

Don’t disagree there’s a lot of players that need moving on. But again we are where we are with the squad at the moment. There’s no quick fix and when we have injuries to key players on top of it all then it just compounds it. 

Don’t disagree there’s a lot of players that need moving on. But again we are where we are with the squad at the moment. There’s no quick fix and when we have injuries to key players on top of it all then it just compounds it. 

And that’s the frightening thing…there’s no quick fix. Relegation is a real possibility on form alone. A return to L1 will do us no favours, and I fear it will result in an extended stay.

Exactly, we need to get the best out of what we have and in the last 2 (even 3) home games we have done that. It is possible.

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

We lost 2-0 at Sheffield Utd.  Hardly a surprise was it?   The amount of bedwetting about it is amazing

I don’t think many are surprised at the result, Bramall Lane has never been our most successful place to go. I think people are generally fed up with the performance and game management that accompany it…. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

And that’s the frightening thing…there’s no quick fix. Relegation is a real possibility on form alone. A return to L1 will do us no favours, and I fear it will result in an extended stay.

Again don’t disagree.  But losing today away at Sheff U isn’t going to define our season and whether we stay up or not.  

• Like 1

Despite the weaknesses in the team and the unsatisfying level of play...I honestly think that a City side with a little number of injuries could avoid relegation quite easily: being without Tanner, Williams, King, James, and having some players who probably are not at their best yet (Massengo, Semenyo, Baker) complicate things. 

Hopefully some of them will return/find their form soon and give us a boost.

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 2