IGNORED

This club has no business in the Championship

dREDful

This club lost its momentum when Cotts left.  Yes LJ did ok up until the Man Utd game when he thought he had become Jurgen Klopp.  We've been sliding backwards since then and now relegation is a real possibility, it may be to late for the club to wake up. We may well be heading back to our average position of Champ/Div 1 yo yo club.. Opportunities have been wasted and so the cycle continues.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I’d have more time for him if he actually got the players to try to play football instead of lumping it and passing it to the opposition at every opportunity, i had hoped that he would of provided more attacking intent other than discovering that our centre half has a long throw

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’d have more time for him if he actually got the players to try to play football instead of lumping it and passing it to the opposition at every opportunity, i had hoped that he would of provided more attacking intent other than discovering that our centre half has a long throw

I would have thought that you try to introduce a style of play that suits the limited resources you have available....you recognise their limitations, and try to form a structure that suits those players?   And Making the best of what you have is patently something Nige has not achieved.  I am really disappointed in him, I really thought he would bring in some structure and impetus, I would have to say he is a 5/10 failure so far.   But we are stuck with him, he can possibly redeem himself by his actions in the january window...........but i'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pezo said:

At least 2 more probably

That’s probably not a million miles out in reality but from a personal perspective I want to see at least a couple of wasters moved on or at least attempted to be moved on. If Nige is either not afforded that luxury or is not prepared to do that then I have to question why bother?

12 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

A football fan is never happy.   Even Brighton fans booing yesterday and they were 8th in the prem 

either sit on and enjoy the rollercoaster or get the hell off and don’t experience the highs and lows 

The problem is if you allow people to bugger off you sure as hell will struggle to replace them or get them back. Telling people to **** off is not the answer but the problem we have is nobody running the club has an answer.

11 minutes ago, harrys said:

What we are watching is really uninspiring football. When we lose as well as playing pi55 poor football then I really wonder why I bother watching. 

Lansdown has been clear it's his club, he decides the strategy and we're just customers. As a customer I don't enjoy the product atm and am seriously thinking of not bothering to buy it any more this season. 

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

What we are watching is really uninspiring football. When we lose as well as playing pi55 poor football then I really wonder why I bother watching. 

Lansdown has been clear it's his club, he decides the strategy and we're just customers. As a customer I don't enjoy the product atm and am seriously thinking of not bothering to buy it any more this season. 

Therein lies the problem of a smug owner. You will get back what you dish out. It’s his club and your money is your money, works both ways.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

I’m glad you lot weren’t probably around watching city in the late 60’s early 70’s.You would have had Alan Dicks hung drawn and quartered.

And it still took us 7 years after he had been appointed to reach the promised land, I bet he would admit it's a lot harder now, not sure what I would suggest as an answer to our current problems but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

The issue for me personally is how many years of totally shite football do you take before you stop giving unconditional support. The owner talks about his legacy, he’s a ******* bullshitter.

26 years in my case, sometimes it takes a while till the scales fall from your eyes, while I will always have an interest and passion for the club age and experience has taught me the hard way whether it be cursed or badly run the last time we were in the top flight I was 24, within 4 months I collect my state pension , I rest my case. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

The Owner has totally ruined the football watching and supporting experience at the Gate and the cheeky little bastard tells us we got it wrong on Teflon. Then he builds a “High Performance Centre”, he’s taking the piss and hey, it’s his money, his club nobody else’s. I actually feel sorry for Pearson and if I was him with his health being as it’s been I would **** off and let someone else take us down (as it stands subject to January incoming) I think.

Exactly, all we are is just the paying plebs who aren't allowed to have a negative opinion on anything regarding how the club operates, at the top and regarding performances on the pitch it seems a lot of the fans have accepted mediocrity for too long.

I feel sorry for Pearson. He inherited a poor squad and we still have a pretty poor squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dREDful said:

And the passing has been a theme since the final 12 months of LJ's reign. Basic football coaching left this club under his stewardship. Criminal. 

But I'm not seeing much difference between Lee's final floundering few months and Nigel's bright new era. Where was the new manager uplift, new ideas etc. Nigel has been no more hit with injuries than Lee was. I'm staggered Nigel hasn't been able to get more out of them. 

• Like 1

Easy to over react 9n here after another pile of shite display.

Think it would be good if NP would step upstairs at end of season and new coach role will be developed for someone new to step in. Quite frankly, we have looked a shambles for some time as a club.

Leaves me wondering if SL should sell up TBH.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

As someone who was over the moon with Pearson being appointed ….I’ll be one of the first to admit he has to go . 

Almost a year in charge and where as I appreciate things take time, we should be seeing some progress by now . Absolutely nothing has changed .

Simply not good enough 

Loads has changed.  Things take time.

Today was poor, last Wednesday and last Saturday were better weren’t they?  We are gonna have inconsistent performances.  We shouldn’t have to see performances like today, but in the cycle of change we are in, it’s exactly what you are gonna see.  We took 4 points from 3 games, 3 tough games.  Vital points.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

A football fan is never happy.   Even Brighton fans booing yesterday and they were 8th in the prem 

either sit on and enjoy the rollercoaster or get the hell off and don’t experience the highs and lows 

I’ve been patiently waiting for the highs for 35 years.

1 hour ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

I’m glad you lot weren’t probably around watching city in the late 60’s early 70’s.You would have had Alan Dicks hung drawn and quartered.

Sending him to Rovers would have been a tad too much.

10 minutes ago, Jefferz said:

Thought we went up to the First Division in the 70s

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Too cryptic for me.

Explain.

2 minutes ago, Jefferz said:

Alan Dicks

Nope, that doesn't help. 

I've copied and pasted the whole dialogue.

You do realise I was joshing about fans sending Alan Dicks to Rovers and am fully aware of how revered he is/was. Other people seem to understand this.

1 hour ago, MATT BCFC said:

I watched the first half and got to say it was so embarrassing I decided not to bother with the second half. 

We had 3 player booked for basically time wasting at 0-0 in the first half against a side a couple of places above us.

We don't seem to practice any patterns of play in terms of when we have possession. Tactic just seems to be get the ball in the box quickly and be a threat at set plays. 

The football is just so negative and boring. It's also outdated now as well. I was willing to give Pearson time but it's got to the point that I don't even want to watch us play anymore.

They weren’t time wasting per se….they were doing what every team at this level does, and that’s stopping the other team taking a a quick set play before they are set.

Unfortunately, along with mask wearing in shops and on public transport announced yesterday, the sub-titles of Geoff “Homer” Eltringham’s tv also said he should actually follow the laws of the games re kicking it away.  Every effing week players fo and they get away with it.  No surprise a terrible Championship ref like Eltringham decided to start apply the rules in favour of the ex-PL then bottled sending off Morgan Gibbs-White when he went to give him a yellow, and realised he’d already shown him one earlier.

The ref isn’t the reason for today mind you.  Just commenting on the time wasting bit.

• Like 1

Yes we are probably currently on par with midtable L1 teams. I cannot imagine us easily beating the likes of Portsmouth, Sheff Wed or Ipswich for example.

Fortunately though whilst Peterborough, Barnsley etc would have more than us in L1, at this level we will stay in more games than them and sneak enough wins to be safe. The football is shocking but everyone surely expected this as a poor season in the rebuild cycle.

I am optimistic next season will be better with Pearson

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I was shocked at that tbh. Potter was rightly livid as it’s a pathetic response for where they are. Football is well and truly broken with instances like this.  

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Disagree with that. I think we could easily have gone down that season had we kept Cotts

True we could’ve gone down, we could’ve stayed up though. Would’ve been nice to have seen him afforded Tomlin, Odemwingie, Pearce, etc to add to what he had.  Tomlin must’ve been him (Cotts) and Burt starting the ball rolling, surely?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

But I'm not seeing much difference between Lee's final floundering few months and Nigel's bright new era. Where was the new manager uplift, new ideas etc. Nigel has been no more hit with injuries than Lee was. I'm staggered Nigel hasn't been able to get more out of them. 

Millions of pounds in backing is the difference.

Relative to squad size Lee never had issues filling the 18 (apart from Man Utd funnily enough)….Holden and Nige have had issues with that.

• Like 5

I am not offering a solution.........if only i could?   But I am beginning to seriously wonder if Nige is up to the job?   Purely an observation, after today's abject performance, which was a really poor set up.  While I appreciate the lack of depth, the available resources were not utilised as well as they could have been?   So Do we stick or twist?