IGNORED

Bakinson Contract Renewal - Symptoms of the problem.

MelksRed

Can someone please explain what Bakinson brings to this team?

He constantly loses the ball, never looks like he's busting a gut to get anywhere, often looks weak and feeble and is crap at marking (noting he was 2 yards from his man and didn't attempt to close on the edge of the box this afternoon for the goal).

Is this synptomatic if the issue?  Should we have renewed his contract or just paid him off to get rid? He is not creative in midfield. Seemingly we are too content to accept the status quo and are conflict avoidant. Time we had some minerals and started culling the driftwood.

I've nothing against Bakinson as a person, just frustrated by his seemingly un-engaged, inconsistent and often incoherent input.

Thoughts?

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

Assume that it’s to safeguard our financial interest. Selling in January for more than we’d get than if he only had 6 months left.

Mind you, thought that about CoD …. and he’s still here. 

Hopefully, many of our current player’s bus passes expire in January.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeh… I like to think the club activating a year is more about protecting an asset rather than seeing him as the future. 

He can look really decent against poor teams, but I’d be very surprised if he’s in Nige’s long term plans. 

NP's exact words on the subject at his last presser.

• Thanks 1

All the team lose the ball, most of them never bust a gut. 

The whole team looks weak and porous. 

He's the only player who attempts to pass the ball forward and won us three points in the week. 

Let's be fair and criticise the whole team performance each game. 

The majority of the team slept in today but nothing mentioned about them. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

All the team lose the ball, most of them never bust a gut. 

The whole team looks weak and porous. 

He's the only player who attempts to pass the ball forward and won us three points in the week. 

Let's be fair and criticise the whole team performance each game. 

The majority of the team slept in today but nothing mentioned about them. 

Don’t defend him.

He was a disgrace.

League 1 player.

He literally did make a tackle. 

To slow, to weak,  lacks effort, lacks pace, gives the ball away to much.

Very sad that he is getting a game for us

4 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Don’t defend him.

He was a disgrace.

League 1 player.

He literally did make a tackle. 

To slow, to weak,  lacks effort, lacks pace, gives the ball away to much.

Very sad that he is getting a game for us

The whole team performance was a disgrace today. Walked past by a team who are low on confidence, let's blame one player for our whole performance shall we? 

Much easier to do that.

Weimann, Martin, Wells couldn't control a football between them, but nowt said about them.

Massengo and Benarous headless chickens but all silent there.

McGoldrick bullied our backline all day and ran them ragged at 34 years old and showed our forwards how to play football but let's all blame Bakinson. 

Bakinson was shite but the whole team was, the only performances that were anywhere near to the standard we need was maybe Kalas and Vyner, says it all.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I must admit after signing a new contract you’ve got to have some ******* neck to then go and put that performance in. As others have said many of our players are a detestable bunch.

I suspect he’s already been told he has not got a bus ticket past January. 

To put in such a sub-par performance smacks of a sulk.  By the Club activating his contract extension that is likely to mean less money for him/his agent out of a move in the next window. 

If that really was ‘I’m delighted to have another year at this Club and I’m out to impress’ type of performance, then god help us.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

I suspect he’s already been told he has not got a bus ticket past January. 

To put in such a sub-par performance smacks of a sulk.  By the Club activating his contract extension that is likely to mean less money for him/his agent out of a move in the next window. 

If that really was ‘I’m delighted to have another year at this Club and I’m out to impress’ type of performance, then god help us.

We tell a player we don't want him, then trigger his contract extension and then top that off by selecting him in centre midfield away at Sheff Ud is one of the strangest conspiracy theories I have ever read on here.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

3 injured centre midfielders maybe?

should have kept a bigger squad perhaps ?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeh… I like to think the club activating a year is more about protecting an asset rather than seeing him as the future. 

He can look really decent against poor teams, but I’d be very surprised if he’s in Nige’s long term plans. 

Yep, and he may be good enough for where we are now….

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Don’t think we renewed his contract just triggered a year extension….:yawn:

…..yep, and if he’s still with us if we starting play-off chasing in two years time, it’ll be because he is good enough.

Hes not the best player in our squad by any stretch, but you have to have a squad.

We’ve seen the debacle of a contract strategy under MA, where £10m worth of players walked for free in the summer.

Bakinson on low wages and young is not really a contract option extension to get too worried about.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

He also needs to be moved on too few assists or goals. And not strong enough at holding either.

I know he’s loved but he has not progressed at all in the last season (since Fulham away)

Hilarious. One of the most gifted players at the club. Yes, he needs to improve with his goal contributions, but he's one we need to keep and improve ourselves, not let go for free. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

Can someone please explain what Bakinson brings to this team?

He constantly loses the ball, never looks like he's busting a gut to get anywhere, often looks weak and feeble and is crap at marking (noting he was 2 yards from his man and didn't attempt to close on the edge of the box this afternoon for the goal).

Is this synptomatic if the issue?  Should we have renewed his contract or just paid him off to get rid? He is not creative in midfield. Seemingly we are too content to accept the status quo and are conflict avoidant. Time we had some minerals and started culling the driftwood.

I've nothing against Bakinson as a person, just frustrated by his seemingly un-engaged, inconsistent and often incoherent input.

Thoughts?

He is dreadful

Slow and no fight

Legs like bamby

Going be king season but he must be dropped 

Sadly for me, what I saw from him today was exactly what I usually see, so this wasn’t just a poor performance, it was exactly the sort of performance I expect from him. 
Weak, Lazy, Off the pace, in-effective, and a passenger. 

if that was @ AG he would of rightly been Jeered, and probably booed as he was replaced.

I wouldn’t be at all upset if I never saw him in a city shirt again, and sadly that’s much the same as my feelings on a lot of this current crop.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

We tell a player we don't want him, then trigger his contract extension and then top that off by selecting him in centre midfield away at Sheff Ud is one of the strangest conspiracy theories I have ever read on here.

should have kept a bigger squad perhaps ?

Another to add to the conspiracy theory perhaps he was told, right, here’s an opportunity -TV and all that - to put him in the shop window. Perhaps, he’s just not got the mental strength to perform when under any sort of pressure. So, yes, the strategy backfired for the Club badly.

An even more outlandish conspiracy is that Big Nige and his coaching team actually wants him to play in the first team consistently, that they believe he’ll be an appreciating asset and prove value for money over the next 6-12 months.

• Like 1