IGNORED

Nigel hints at shirkers in the club, but who ?

Major Isewater

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Interesting end to his interview saying that certain players need to play through injury niggles but certain lack ‘ moral fibre’ to do so.

Who is shirking?

I took it differently, for me he said that if you are not in form & are picked, it will be a test of your moral fibre. Because that’s where we are, as in, we haven’t got many options. On a slightly different note, do we think these comments are helpful? Like the ‘ luxury players’ comments? Does it add to the uncertainty, the whispers, the theories? Seem to remember a lot on here not liking previous managers ‘ throwing people under the bus’, yet like Nige for his honesty! Just a thought. COYR 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Amazing! Players who don't want to cripple themselves playing injured are accused of 'lacking' 

It seems the manager has lost it if he wants to play ' damaged goods' because he's fallen out with everyone else

Astounding thing to say, he must go. 

That’s not what he meant at all. Plenty on here have played the game and done a job for their Manager at 90% fitness and not only doing it for the Manager but because the shirt means something. He’s obviously talking about players with minor niggles not hamstring tears or twisted ankles. Straightforward enough to understand where he’s coming from.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Seem to remember a lot on here not liking previous managers ‘ throwing people under the bus’, yet like Nige for his honesty! Just a thought. COYR 

He hasn't called out anyone by name it's just become obvious who they are.

Previous managers called individuals out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Yes, big difference….plus he’s told those players himself away from the media.  He hasn’t called them out to protect / deflect from himself in a media interview has he.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Called people out or commented on bleeding obvious mistakes/performances? Is it not worse to create this ‘ is it him or is it him ‘ nonsense we are currently experiencing? What is the difference if as you say ‘ it’s just become obvious who they are ‘, rather than just saying it. COYR 

30 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Amazing! Players who don't want to cripple themselves playing injured are accused of 'lacking' 

It seems the manager has lost it if he wants to play ' damaged goods' because he's fallen out with everyone else

Astounding thing to say, he must go. 

If that is what he said, then maybe so.

But he didn't did he.

I'm struggling to work out who he could be referring to there. Who is there with niggling injuries not available?

All those out, we have been told, have genuine issues. Most of them are 'his' players aren't they? Is it a suggestion they are on the pitch and only going through the motions? That would make more sense I suppose. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Called people out or commented on bleeding obvious mistakes/performances? Is it not worse to create this ‘ is it him or is it him ‘ nonsense we are currently experiencing? What is the difference if as you say ‘ it’s just become obvious who they are ‘, rather than just saying it. COYR 

I think it's the most gentle way he can be critical/address what we have all seen.

if he didn't call it out he would basically be saying everything is ok - which it is clearly not.

It would be very interesting to be a spy at training to see what certain players do, or don’t do. Players, such as Palmer and Dasilva, are obviously out of favour for a reason.  With Palmer I can understand this, to a degree, as he’s had chances and hasn’t taken them but when things are as bad as some of the recent games he must be really on the naughty step to not even make the bench.  

Nigel has the hard man manager image, which works given time when he can bring in his own players, but perhaps he could do something to bring the outcasts back into the fold? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, big difference….plus he’s told those players himself away from the media.  He hasn’t called them out to protect / deflect from himself in a media interview has he.

But he has said in the media that he has told these players. Why do you think he made that comment to the media? If it’s obvious who he was talking about, which it seemingly is, is that any different to calling them out? Is it not worse for the collective? Does his comments about ‘ players not doing what we have worked on ‘ deflect from himself? Would these comments of been picked up on a lot quicker if they were said by another manager? COYR 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

It would be very interesting to be a spy at training to see what certain players do, or don’t do. Players, such as Palmer and Dasilva, are obviously out of favour for a reason.  With Palmer I can understand this, to a degree, as he’s had chances and hasn’t taken them but when things are as bad as some of the recent games he must be really on the naughty step to not even make the bench.  

Nigel has the hard man manager image, which works given time when he can bring in his own players, but perhaps he could do something to bring the outcasts back into the fold? 

The outcasts can bring themselves back into the fold by doing what they are told/asked to do, he said the other day that there are always ways back.

• Like 1

City have a long and storied history of shirkers, drinkers, womanizers, smokers and general ‘footballers’

Pearson referred to it months ago regarding opposing players wanting to come here to play as we were generally thought of as a soft touch. 

You will never convince me that over the years we have not had many many players who have come here as a retirement option or in one or two cases a mid career break.  

The fact we are back here again is completely unsurprising in view of the dross signed by certain people who shall remain nameless, as it appears to upset some. We are having a wholesale clear out of players that begun with those out of contract, many of whom had nothing to do because LJ, OH dear I said it, bought and bought players simultaneously spunking the clubs money, no not Lansdowns the clubs.

The club is now being rebuilt around our own academy and young options from the lower leagues. These are just realities  

My only comments would be, we looked better with Semenyo on the pitch and if you are going with him then I would play Wells. 

We almost had to play Massengo who is weak, no matter what anyone says, with Bakinson, who is improving, but what a terrible midfield that is! 

We are stuffed in the middle of a mini league until players gain more experience, a few come back or we bring a couple  in. However bringing in players is a function of transfer business out! Our saleable assets are slim pickings  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pezo said:

And he made it into the starting team, imagine how much of a shirker you have to be to not make it into the squad.

Good point. I suppose in these days of statistical analysis, there’s probably data to show how far they’ve run in training or what their maximum heart rate was. Kasey Palmer must be enjoying his 20k quite a lot. 

I am really tired of his excuses. To me he is latching onto the not his squad thing far too much. When in reality he just doesn’t have it anymore. He is an average manager who’s tactics and man management are outdated. The longer we persist the closer to relegation we will get.

None of his signings have made us better. Continuously burning out certain players(Williams, Weimann, Martin, Baker, James). His mate Dave Rennie has injuries piling up at a similar rate considering we trimmed the squad by 10. We killed previous head coaches/managers for this. The experiment is failing and keeping him around is only going to compound things. 

And just because I feel this way doesn’t mean I think the squad is blameless. There is truth in what NP says but he should still be able to organise and get more fight from who he has out there. I don’t feel the squad has any belief. It is a real concern for the long term imo. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Good point. I suppose in these days of statistical analysis, there’s probably data to show how far they’ve run in training or what their maximum heart rate was. Kasey Palmer must be enjoying his 20k quite a lot. 

He's probably not running 20k for his £20k.

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Watching back- can't recall if it was pre match press conference or post match press conference but he said that there is always a second chance- but that they need to take that chance- so I think there is a bit of carrot there for those who buy in, who really want it who might be out of favour atm.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Palmer got offered a contract and signed it, turns up for work every day, trains with the others and is not selected to play, scores the equaliser versus Fulham when he does come on. Offers to and does play for the U23s to help get match sharp.

The manager is choosing not use this £20 grand a week asset, that is his choice and he has his reasons but unless there are disciplinary issues involved then lets not have bleating of players enjoying their wages. I expect KP is disheartened, upset and annoyed at not getting a game. Just my opinion.