IGNORED

steve lansdown

Hampshire reds

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  Or JL.

Suspect they’ll leave it to RG though.

Someone showed me an article from the Sunday papers yesterday….allegedly a Championship club, with their own ground but a low value group of players is looking to sell for £100m.  Wonder who that could be?

@myol'man want to share the cutting?

When I saw the bit about looking for investment , I pretty much read it as this.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  Or JL.

Someone showed me an article from the Sunday papers yesterday….allegedly a Championship club, with their own ground but a low value group of players is looking to sell for £100m.  Wonder who that could be?

This one? 

F540E874-3E89-47AB-B864-24F1AF1CE012.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

It would be interesting to hear from steve to hear what he thinks of what is happening with his club. sorry if i have missed his interview. Relagation is a possibility on current form. if it happens it will set the club back so far. Action is needed. 

I think his silence speaks volumes. That he is leaving the football club to get on with it and more funds to strengthen the team are not going to be forthcoming. His back is truly turned to the problems we currently have.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  Or JL.

This is not us.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  Or JL.

This could be Preston North End as the owner has passed away recently

• Like 2

It would be very interesting to hear Steve Lansdown's deepest honest thoughts on it all (obviously that'll never happen quite understandably).

One has to imagine that he's feeling very disheartened and downbeat given how the last few years have panned out. I think part of his aim has been to leave a bit of footballing legacy here, and he's perhaps now realising that's unlikely to happen.

Keep saying it. He is ultimately accountable for this. He has presided over the recruitment of a structure and Board of Directors that has resulted in our position now. Until there is a sign of expanding the levels of football expertise and broadening the input towards decision making at that level, it would appear that we will get to the Premier promised land more through luck or the alignment of the planets than the apparent current ‘Plan’. 

I don’t dispute that SL has put in a huge amount of financial investment over the years, or that he has representation on the Board in the shape of his son, JL. Most fans are grateful that we have an improved stadium and the squad have modern training facilities. But SL should not be beyond criticism. There is a problem. He has not reached his ultimate goal, despite seeing clubs with lesser investment reach theirs or at least surpass ours. What is worse is that we appear to fail to build on any positive signs of momentum in our clubs playing history, frequently ending up going backwards and having to rebuild again and again.

We are rebuilding now yet again. Except we haven’t really started properly yet as we’re still having to crash and sift out all the contracted deadwood in the squad. Whichever manager is in charge clearly was going to have to do this. My big fear is that the biggest reorganisation has to start at the top table with a crystal clear plan, recruitment of the correct people throughout the club to implement the plan. We may have some of those people in place... we may not. The evidence in front of our eyes says there is still a long way to go to convince and communicate to us that this board have that coherent effective plan. I just feel that our board have lacked the imagination and know how of the likes of Brentord, Swansea, Norwich and all the other obvious candidates that have surpassed us in terms of playing vision, success and style over he last few years.  

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  Or JL.

Who fits in that category?

Preston

City

Millwall

Blackpool or Luton?

Middlesborough?

Of that list i’d think Preston as £100m I would imagine is a little low for us. But it could well be.

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Who fits in that category?

Preston

City

Millwall

Blackpool or Luton?

Middlesborough?

Of that list i’d think Preston as £100m I would imagine is a little low for us. But it could well be.

Not us.  We don’t, as BCFC, own our own ground.  For that to apply to us BS would have to be broken up and sold separately with AG going to BCFC.

My long standing concern about the chaos BS will cause at point of SL’s withdrawal,  unless, of course, SL finds a buyer for the lot.  And where are they going to come from?

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Not us.  We don’t, as BCFC, own our own ground.  For that to apply to us BS would have to be broken up and sold separately with AG going to BCFC.

My long standing concern about the chaos BS will cause at point of SL’s withdrawal,  unless, of course, SL finds a buyer for the lot.  And where are they going to come from?

That’s why it’s more likely to be investment than an outright purchase. 

People always say were going down.

Under johnson, every season, there were hoards of people on facebook telling me relegation was around the corner. We were a decent side then aswell.

As it stands, we are poor. But Derby, Barnsley and P'Boro arent catching us.

So i cant see it and i dont get this need for the owner to keep having to make comments when we lose a few games. It happens. Especially at Bristol City, Get over it.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You're just plain wrong.

The football club and stadium could be sold without Bristol Sport changing as an entity. There's already a group encompassing both football club and stadium - Bristol City Holdings Limited.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

……more funds to strengthen the team are not going to be forthcoming.

Maybe you could try Googling Financial Fair Play rules as applicable to the Championship, scrutinise our accounts at Companies House - then understand why funds CAN’T be forthcoming  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

As Kid says, quite easy for Pula to just sell the “club” (BC Holdings)

9B6BCFC5-1DD7-435B-B26D-2DF9F38D9483.thumb.jpeg.adc12d319af4eb3e59b1ac1b63af7b04.jpeg.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Maybe you could try Googling Financial Fair Play rules as applicable to the Championship, scrutinise our accounts at Companies House - then understand why funds CAN’T be forthcoming  

Am I right in saying FFP does not apply in League 1. Well the way we are going they will be no need to Google it next season.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

As Kid says, quite easy for Pula to just sell the “club” (BC Holdings)

9B6BCFC5-1DD7-435B-B26D-2DF9F38D9483.thumb.jpeg.adc12d319af4eb3e59b1ac1b63af7b04.jpeg.

It is good to see this. I can well understand given how in your face Bristol Sport is, that people think Bristol Sport is where the Pula bubble is. Also the name Bristol Sport does imply more than just basketball ownership.

23 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Am I right in saying FFP does not apply in League 1. Well the way we are going they will be no need to Google it next season.

SCMP applies instead:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

It’s far more easy for an owner to inject money into the club.

Just waiting for Ipswich to come up and be bound by FFP!!

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

It is good to see this. I can well understand given how in your face Bristol Sport is, that people think Bristol Sport is where the Pula bubble is. Also the name Bristol Sport does imply more than just basketball ownership.

Bristol Sport is more a brand in my eyes, a name.  Really it’s Pula.

Pula is registered in Guernsey, eff all chance of finding out anything about it.  I’ve tried, others better than me have tried too.