IGNORED

steve lansdown

Hampshire reds

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What do you expect to hear from him? You could pretty much script the words he would say. Keep the faith, we trust in Nigel, transition season, Covid finances, no parachute payments etc etc

That may be the case. As he is so remote these days, I would like to hear his thoughts, his reactions to unscripted questions and get a feel for his general tone/demeanour.

I could be wrong, but one thing I find rather unique about our situation (in my 30 years as a supporter) is I dont ever remember us being so shit and avoding relegation (except where we've changed manager and been saved)

At least in the past when we've been shit it hasnt tended to last too long. We have one or two bad seasons, go down, make big changes and come back up.

We've never been this consistently shit for this long in the last 30 years, and I think we're going to survive this season because of Derby and 2 teams being even shitter than us!

This is probably where someone corrects me

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I could be wrong, but one thing I find rather unique about our situation (in my 30 years as a supporter) is I dont ever remember us being so shit and avoding relegation (except where we've changed manager and been saved)

At least in the past when we've been shit it hasnt tended to last too long. We have one or two bad seasons, go down, make big changes and come back up.

We've never been this consistently shit for this long in the last 30 years, and I think we're going to survive this season because of Derby and 2 teams being even shitter than us!

This is probably where someone corrects me

Well in my 55+ years I certainly do. The manager? Alan Dicks who just survived annually for many years.

He eventually got a team together based around young players who got us promoted to the top flight.

Lesson for us all there which some of us learned many years ago....

As Jonesey would say "DON'T PANIC"

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Well in my 55+ years I certainly do. The manager? Alan Dicks who just survived annually for many years.

He eventually got a team together based around young players who got us promoted to the top flight.

Lesson for us all there which some of us learned many years ago....

As Jonesey would say "DON'T PANIC"

I know the situation around AD and his early years, of course I wasn't around to experience it.

I agree with the sentiment, I just think we've been lucky for the last 30 years our "good" seasons have probably outweighed our bad and a lot of us as a fan base don't know what it's like to experience this level of shit for so long.

I still hope Pearson can turn it around, he was my preferred choice even when we appointed Holden. I'm disappointed he hasn't had more impact though so far, I thought he'd at least make us hard to beat

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You can only inject so much, without it biting you on the bum when you come under FFP upon promotion.

Cant wait for it to dawn on Ipswich fans and Gamechanger Ltd!

I'm guessing that FFP only applies to seasons that the club has in the Championship? Can't imagine the EFL can impose conditions stemming from when you weren't in the competition?

So if Ipswich came up (unlikely given their season so far), they would have 3 years before the proverbial hits the fan.

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I know the situation around AD and his early years, of course I wasn't around to experience it.

I agree with the sentiment, I just think we've been lucky for the last 30 years our "good" seasons have probably outweighed our bad and a lot of us as a fan base don't know what it's like to experience this level of shit for so long.

I still hope Pearson can turn it around, he was my preferred choice even when we appointed Holden. I'm disappointed he hasn't had more impact though so far, I thought he'd at least make us hard to beat

For me the last 3 years have been akin to the period after GJ left. A gradual dropping down the division, with a bit of a miracle escape in 2011/12 (Chris Wood was great loan signing for us). Followed by the inevitable relegation the following season.

1999/00, and 2012/13 were poor seasons. But at least we had some hope; and could see the commitment of the players. The last year or so, has been generally very poor. If last season consisted of only 30 games stretching from Jan to May, we would have been bottom by at least 10 points.

My only hope for this season is that there are 3 worse teams than us. At present Peterborough, Barnsley, and Derby (thank god for the -21 points ) are doing sterling work in that regard. But we can't rely on that carrying on. At some stage, one of them will pick up.

We need the equivalent points of 8-9 wins to be safe i reckon. A bit of a tall order at present. But the Jan window is only a month away, and let's see what it brings. I'm not expecting miracles from the board (FFP is, what it is). But maybe, just maybe the introduction of 2-3 loans (with NP having to take back his view on loans) will get us over the line.

In the meantime, it feels like we are scrapping in a tough division without the requisite squad. Looking at @Davefevs squad contract list. It's obviously the end of the 22/23 season when we are in the best position to make changes. The players OOC in the summer will only give us minor scope to improve the squad.

It's tough this, isn't it?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Not us.  We don’t, as BCFC, own our own ground.  For that to apply to us BS would have to be broken up and sold separately with AG going to BCFC.

My long standing concern about the chaos BS will cause at point of SL’s withdrawal,  unless, of course, SL finds a buyer for the lot.  And where are they going to come from?

Exactly!

Oh the group has decent value. Particularly if the egg chasers are competitive in general (short term drops in form happen). 

11 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I'm guessing that FFP only applies to seasons that the club has in the Championship? Can't imagine the EFL can impose conditions stemming from when you weren't in the competition?

So if Ipswich came up (unlikely given their season so far), they would have 3 years before the proverbial hits the fan.

Nope, assume they got promoted this season, then next season 22/23, they would include 22/23, 21/22 and 20/21 (50%) 19/20 (50%) in that cycle, and have to be within £39m, see row 2 below.

image.jpeg.80c3447cc319afdbc2b5d63c9853b34f.jpeg

So we will need to see some accounts for 20/21 initially.

They made a £5.2m loss in 19/20.

They received no transfer fee income last season so I reckon they are sitting on a £10-12m loss last season (minus covid allowances). Let’s say £7.8m loss.

Those two years will count as £6.5m loss (£13m /2).

This year MA will say they are net zero on transfers, but their wage bill will’ve rocketed.  Let’s say they a £15m loss….but they also have a squad with committed wages.

It starts to lessen their scope to improve the squad much on promotion.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Have City bought their ground back?!

Ashton Gate is owned by Ashton Gate Limited, which is owned by Bristol City Holdings Limited, the company that also owns Bristol City Football Club Limited. Bristol City Holdings Limited is then owned by Pula Sport. The Rugby Club is separate from the football element, and certainly doesn't own Ashton Gate stadium. As others have said, when you talk about selling the "Club", there needs to be some accuracy regarding what exactly is being talked about. As I understand it the entity that files accounts for P&S purposes, and so is likely the one registered as a member of the EFL, is Bristol City Holdings Limited. If that entity was sold as a share sale, then the stadium would go with it as it is owned by a subsidiary.

image.png.9fbdf3ba7830fb5ae3043ef60091ece3.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ashton Gate is owned by Ashton Gate Limited, which is owned by Bristol City Holdings Limited, the company that also owns Bristol City Football Club Limited. Bristol City Holdings Limited is then owned by Pula Sport. The Rugby Club is separate from the football element, and certainly doesn't own Ashton Gate stadium. As others have said, when you talk about selling the "Club", there needs to be some accuracy regarding what exactly is being talked about. As I understand it the entity that files accounts for P&S purposes, and so is likely the one registered as a member of the EFL, is Bristol City Holdings Limited. If that entity was sold as a share sale, then the stadium would go with it as it is owned by a subsidiary.

Thanks @ExiledAjax that's a really good, clear way of explaining the structure of Bristol Sport.

It shows for me, how difficult it would be for another owner to come in, and just buy Bristol City. They would probably have to buy the whole concept. As without the football club, the whole Bristol Sport concept would begin to fail.

Just now, NcnsBcfc said:

Thanks @ExiledAjax that's a really good, clear way of explaining the structure of Bristol Sport.

It shows for me, how difficult it would be for another owner to come in, and just buy Bristol City. They would probably have to buy the whole concept. As without the football club, the whole Bristol Sport concept would begin to fail.

No, no it's the opposite. It's really easy to just buy "Bristol City". You just have to buy Bristol City Holdings Limited. This is the whole structure of the group (so far as I can tell from freely available info on Companies House). To buy "Bristol City FC", plus Ashton Gate, you just cut the branch as shown below.

image.thumb.png.f8343ce33b6b31b2fa87222773605e56.png

Pula Sport would be left with all of the centre and right of this chart, and a new owner could walk off with the Football side. Bristol Sport could easily continue as a Basketball and Rugby organisation, and if it wanted to add some sort of rudimentary football club, then it could buy Mangotsfield, Bristol Manor Farm, or any other lower league Bristol based football team.

FYI, the initials in ( ) are the various directors of each company.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

No, no it's the opposite. It's really easy to just buy "Bristol City". You just have to buy Bristol City Holdings Limited. This is the whole structure of the group (so far as I can tell from freely available info on Companies House). To buy "Bristol City FC", plus Ashton Gate, you just cut the branch as shown below.

Pula Sport would be left with all of the centre and right of this chart, and a new owner could walk off with the Football side. Bristol Sport could easily continue as a Basketball and Rugby organisation, and if it wanted to add some sort of rudimentary football club, then it could buy Mangotsfield, Bristol Manor Farm, or any other lower league Bristol based football team.

they'd  lose the HPC though, unless they buy that separately?

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Limited" is quite appropriate for a good part of that family tree at the moment.

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

they'd  lose the HPC though, unless they buy that separately?

Depends which company owns it. I've been trying to find that out, including by searching the planning registry to try and see which company actually made the applications. If I pay I should be able to find out using the Land Registry search, but I'm being tight and want to exhaust free sources first.

You don't know for certain which company owns the training ground do you?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

Why slag him off for a half decent post? Or are you just on auto repeat?

Oh the irony of saying I'm on auto repeat, after commenting on the most negative poster on here whose ever post is sack NP or similar

The point being he only comes on and posts the usual nonsense when we lose to try and get a ground swell of support for his minority views.

As for half decent post, why should SL comment publicly after a loss it would serve no benefit what so ever and even if he did the usual anti SL mob would find something to moan about what is said. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Did you see the Lindisfarne /Alan Hull documentary Friday night? Don't know if it was a repeat but I'd not seen it before. Enjoyed it. And we need some of that, at the moment.....

I did indeed, very good it was unall.

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

I did indeed, very good it was unall.

My only criticism of it would be that they might've given more critical attention to Gazza's 1990 re-working of "Fog on the Tyne, like" especially the video, which I love to this day. Imagine Alan Hull in a 90s shiny shellsuit (suckin sickly sausage rolls) ..... 

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

You're just plain wrong.

The football club and stadium could be sold without Bristol Sport changing as an entity. There's already a group encompassing both football club and stadium - Bristol City Holdings Limited.

Not sure that is correct because if AG and  BCFC go together a new purchaser might well not want to ground share with rugby. And rugby would be left with ground.

As Ihavesaid for years BS is a potential nightmare for all.  It clearly has failed to deliver what was expected of it, ie a Bristol Barcelona.  It is a broken model.

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Not sure that is correct because if AG and  BCFC go together a new purchaser might well not want to ground share with rugby. And rugby would be left with ground.

That's a commercial decision for any new buyer. If Bristol City Holdings Limited was sold as a share sale then the starting point would be that any commercial agreements or contracts would continue. So the default would be that the rental of AG by Bristol Rugby Club Limited would continue. If a new owner did not want that, well then stopping that would be part of the sale negotiations. The point is that the existence of that arrangement absolutely does not preclude the sale of Bristol City Holdings Limited.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

My only criticism of it would be that they might've given more critical attention to Gazza's 1990 re-working of "Fog on the Tyne, like" especially the video, which I love to this day. Imagine Alan Hull in a 90s shiny shellsuit (suckin sickly sausage rolls) ..... 

ElementarySnivelingHanumanmonkey-size_restricted.gif.1c76ab6608c9abb5f42527b1e4fe7e48.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

That's a commercial decision for any new buyer. If Bristol City Holdings Limited was sold as a share sale then the starting point would be that any commercial agreements or contracts would continue. So the default would be that the rental of AG by Bristol Rugby Club Limited would continue. If a new owner did not want that, well then stopping that would be part of the sale negotiations. The point is that the existence of that arrangement absolutely does not preclude the sale of Bristol City Holdings Limited.

OK then that means that SL’s flagship idea of BS will be dead in the water and it would be legitimate to question what degree of harm it has done over the years to BCFC.

All I am interested in is that SL and son get out of my club

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

Maybe the plan is to get relegated, inject loads of cash and rebound

That worked out for Sunderland, Charlton, Ipswich.  Sheff Wed are struggling to make an impact in 7th. Portsmouth & Bolton kept on going down and down, before coming back up.

Tough league to get out from League 1. The top 4 are Rotherham, Wigan, Wycombe & Plymouth. The first three have obviously been able to keep together the makings of a good side; and Wigan have benefitted from new owners, and no salary caps in L1 making them a more attractive destination to possible Champ sides.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Apologies in the way I phrased it @ExiledAjax

I meant without City, the rest of the organisation (Bears possibly excluded) looks somewhat low key.

In other topics on this forum, we spoke about the Sports village, and how key City would be to that as a project.

Without the Jewel in the Crown of AG (and City), no doubt the key individual's concerned would struggle to make the financial gains out of the project, that they no doubt hope to attain.