IGNORED

Danny Simpson

Hampshire reds

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

can someone explain to me why did the club sign Danny. surely with his experience he should have played RWB yesterday. instead Pearson plays a young lad completely out of position. 

You've answered your own question 3 words after making it. That's an impressively pointless thread, even for you!

Simpson isn’t playing because, when he has played he’s looked like his legs have gone and just isn’t up to it any more. Reminds me a bit of Chris Brunt last season. Pearson clearly trusts him to be around the place, however he probably doesn’t want to tarnish his mate’s reputation by playing him every week, for him to get turned inside out by every winger with a little bit of pace. This shouldn’t be the case, but probably Alex Scott at RWB is the best option at the moment, which is laughable really considering we let Jack Hunt go in summer, who is probably the best option we would have right now.

• Like 3

Christ how many older players have we signed over the last few years to provide that 'experienced head' that have turned out to be ******* useless.. Danny Simpson, Chris Brunt, Gary O'Neil, Jody Morris. It never bloody works for us signing the experienced general type players

15 minutes ago, WWred said:

Christ how many older players have we signed over the last few years to provide that 'experienced head' that have turned out to be ******* useless.. Danny Simpson, Chris Brunt, Gary O'Neil, Jody Morris. It never bloody works for us signing the experienced general type players

fans do love a "name" though.

Same applies to Managers.

Edited by VT05763

We must have done this one at least 3 times before;

Hunt was probably on circa £12k a week, Pearson hoped Vyner (already at the club) could solve the RB issue but needed cheap (that’s a recurring theme, folks) cover, so offered Simpson (probably on about £5k) a year. Hunt’s wages were probably more than Simpson & Tanner combined.

Tanner then became available, Pearson is using Vyner elsewhere, I really can’t see the issue, but let’s moan relentlessly about everything, eh?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

49 minutes ago, WWred said:

Wade Elliott, Aaron Wilbraham, we’re both ******* useless, “never works out” eh?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

can someone explain to me why did the club sign Danny. surely with his experience he should have played RWB yesterday. instead Pearson plays a young lad completely out of position. 

I think the first sentence is the key, not the question about playing him yesterday. He’s worst than Jack Hunt. Hunt wasn’t City’s greatest player but he played 41 matches in the Championship last season.  He was probably on a high salary but he could have been offered reduced terms, the same as Baker and Weimann. At 30 hunt is a spring chicken compared to Simpson 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WWred said:

Wilbraham was good?

I feel Jody Morris gets unfair stick. If you watch a podcast I've forgotten the name of (helpful) with Steven Davies, he says that Morris had the chance to be a manager up in Scotland with St. Johnstone (I think), but when McInnes joined, he called Morris and said I want you to be on my coaching staff and also get some playing time. He weighed up packing in playing and being a manager for coaching but still playing.

He turned up on his first day and was blanked by McInnes from then on. Never was allowed to do any coaching, never got picked for the team. apparently he was still great in the dressing room/training pitch with younger players and trying to motivate the other players though and never kicked off or spat his dummy out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We must have done this one at least 3 times before;

Hunt was probably on circa £12k a week, Pearson hoped Vyner (already at the club) could solve the RB issue but needed cheap (that’s a recurring theme, folks) cover, so offered Simpson (probably on about £5k) a year. Hunt’s wages were probably more than Simpson & Tanner combined.

Tanner then became available, Pearson is using Vyner elsewhere, I really can’t see the issue, but let’s moan relentlessly about everything, eh?

I don’t blame Pearson for this. I point the finger firmly at the recruitment department. 
It’s a waste of a squad place and a waste of a wage, and the recruitment team should have been perfectly capable of sourcing alternatives to a 35 year old whom we’d already seen first hand wasn’t up to it. 

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

dont blame Pearson for signing Simpson you are having a laugh. He was one of his ex players. And you pick holes in my posts. cant stop laughing at this.

I haven’t picked holes in your post - you’ll find I’ve actually backed you up on this one. 

Yes, the fault for our poor recruitment lies with the poor recruitment team. 
If they haven’t go a clue (which they haven’t), then I don’t blame Pearson for having to go with someone he already knows. 

He shouldn’t have signed him. I 100% disagree with the signing. But when the recruitment team is shyte, the manager has to rely on his own personal contacts - see McInnes. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

So is Simpson on the bus? On top of the bus? Under the bus?  In the bus's  luggage hold?  Driving the pheckin bus?  Playing cards at the back of the bus?..............or merely down at the cashpoint?

This is something I’ve been wondering too. 
Whilst Simpson is clearly one of Pearson’s signings, has something happened whereby Simpson is actually now one of the ones who Nige is calling out?? 
Seems odd to me that he doesn’t play and we end up playing a teenager out of position. 
I can only assume that Simpson is one of those players that Nige keeps calling out as not ‘on the bus’. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DownendRed97 said:

Simpson isn’t playing because, when he has played he’s looked like his legs have gone and just isn’t up to it any more. Reminds me a bit of Chris Brunt last season. Pearson clearly trusts him to be around the place, however he probably doesn’t want to tarnish his mate’s reputation by playing him every week, for him to get turned inside out by every winger with a little bit of pace. This shouldn’t be the case, but probably Alex Scott at RWB is the best option at the moment, which is laughable really considering we let Jack Hunt go in summer, who is probably the best option we would have right now.

FWIW I think Simpson played alright in his two league starts this season (Reading / Swansea), I’m surprised he didn’t get more minutes, but the move to a back three / WBs hasn’t helped that.  He can still defend.  I don’t remember wingers turning him inside out in either of those games.  He can still defend.  Less said about back pass v West Brom the better, but he at least got stuck in.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is something I’ve been wondering too. 
Whilst Simpson is clearly one of Pearson’s signings, has something happened whereby Simpson is actually now one of the ones who Nige is calling out?? 
Seems odd to me that he doesn’t play and we end up playing a teenager out of position. 
I can only assume that Simpson is one of those players that Nige keeps calling out as not ‘on the bus’. 

Still picking up his matchday bonus by constantly picking splinters out of his ass on the bench.

I don’t discredit what he, James or King is bringing to the dressing room. I do wonder if we needed all 3 however. Especially as think Weimann and Martin are seen in a similar way and naming Bentley captain must have an element of that too. Did we really need all of that influence? Is there evidence it is making much of a difference? Not for me on both questions. 

I will say, Tanner thing come from nowhere really. Perhaps opportunity fell into our lap with him and it was planned for Simpson to be more of a factor on the pitch. Also, with change of shape and wanting to be more of a threat it was never going to be him at rwb

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t discredit what he, James or King is bringing to the dressing room.

I question that.

What exactly are they bringing? It surely can't be motivation or attitude or additional coaching because what we're seeing appears to be players with no real motivation, a questionable attitude and no real game plan which they stick to. If they are sticking to a game plan then its the wrong one.

Meanwhile the poor signing and questionable largely unpopular signing of Simpson is not Nigel's fault but the fault of the BCFC recruitment department by default. Teflon springs to mind.

25 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I do wonder if we brought in Simpson at the time as the Tanner deal wasn’t coming to fruition. 

We were in discussions with Danny Simpson on 14th May, announced as part of the “released list” comms.

I don’t think Tanner was anything to do with it tbh.

Posted this just now on another thread:

image.thumb.png.3a03f2aab34a47feb365db00136a92ea.png

• Like 1