IGNORED

Derby worth a look Monday night,as we are playing them on Saturday?

Never to the dark side

Despite the loss Derby seem an alright team who will cause us problems, we will need to be at them from the start and get right in there faces to stand a chance. Changes required to our powder puff mid field and the defence needs to wake the hell up.

3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

What changes could we make? 

IN; Semenyo, Janneh, Palmer.... Out/SUBS; Wells, Massengo, Martin; not much chance thoughmore likely start the other way around. We need livening up a bit up can hardly be any worse :dunno:

Assuming no James (or the other injured players) this is what I’d be doing:

Bentley

Vyner | Kalas | Atkinson | Pring

Scott | Massengo | Bakinson | O’Dowda

Semenyo | Weimann

Subs: O’Leary, Simpson, Dasilva, Benarous, Martin, Wells, Pearson

I think Semenyo will give us something Derby’s defenders won’t like.  Davies and Jagielka won’t like his power and pace.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Semenyo | Weimann

I think Semenyo will give us something Derby’s defenders won’t like.  Davies and Jagielka won’t like his power and pace.

I had the same team in the other thread with exceptions of Tanner and James coming in if they are fit for Vyner and Bakinson. Could be 4-1-2-3, 4-4-2, or 3-5-2 .

I reckon (hope) that Semenyo is a nailed on starter, he may still be a bit raw but he can unsettle any defence. COD looks to have found some confidence and form so I think he'll get a game - could link up well with Pring.

Time to rest Martin and freshen things up a bit, but I can't see NP resting Martin.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

14 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

What a banging goal that winner was. After everyone below us won on the weekend (barring the two who played one another - who drew), it’s nice to see an actual useful result. I actually cheered that winner!

My reaction too.

This says an awful lot about the state of us at the moment - it's November and we're already worrying about the results around us.   

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

Just a reminder Derby still would have been 21pts behind even if they had drawn that game ? They need play off form to get out of relegation and despite good results against Bournemouth and Fulham I can't see them getting close to that. Will still be an uphill battle on Saturday I think if neither James or Williams are fit enough to play.

If Barnsley or Peterboro go on a run then that would be a bit more worrying, I knew Hull had picked up but fair play just realised they have won 4 on the bounce.

12 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

You're going to be disappointed if you expect Palmer to play in a city shirt again.

I actually don't think he should be frozen out entirely. He's got that bit about him and some games our creativity is close to nil. I know he's frustrating on his day but you'd be hard pressed to find many in our team that aren't.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I had the same team in the other thread with exceptions of Tanner and James coming in if they are fit for Vyner and Bakinson. Could be 4-1-2-3, 4-4-2, or 3-5-2 .

I reckon (hope) that Semenyo is a nailed on starter, he may still be a bit raw but he can unsettle any defence. COD looks to have found some confidence and form so I think he'll get a game - could link up well with Pring.

Time to rest Martin and freshen things up a bit, but I can't see NP resting Martin.

For some reason, no idea what it is, NP won't drop Martin,although he does nothing

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

For some reason, no idea what it is, NP won't drop Martin,although he does nothing

Martin has been one of the better players for us this season, IMO, but he certainly needs a rest. 

I've been wanting Semenyo back for a full 90 for most of the season. Really think he can offer us something else going forward

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I actually don't think he should be frozen out entirely. He's got that bit about him and some games our creativity is close to nil. I know he's frustrating on his day but you'd be hard pressed to find many in our team that aren't.

Don't disagree with you at all.

My comment was more based on what Nige seems to think and I'm fairly confident he wants Palmer no where near the team and is definitely one of the players he wants to move on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Semenyo | Weimann

Yep agree Dave, would play him on Jagieka's side, he is a lot less mobile than Davies.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Semenyo | Weimann

Play Palmer instead of Bakinson. Semenyo from start. Palmer stronger in body and can defence better than Bakinson. Think Bakinson not good enough for this leauge. 

• Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Semenyo | Weimann

Benarous, Palmer

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Semenyo | Weimann

I like the idea of Semenyo and Weimann up front especially- but that could be our best bet in general Saturday.

A good point is that out of possession too, it can become a bit of a 4-4-1-1/4-5-1...ie Weimann behind Semenyo or vice versa or Scott moving inside, with Semenyo wide right, O'Dowda wide left and Weimann in the middle.

I have always thought Semenyo and Weimann as a combination to be potentially exciting at times...Semenyo young and something different and we all know how hard Weimann can work, plus the versatility he has.

On 30/11/2021 at 10:48, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Semenyo | Weimann

I'd be tempted to play him wide with Scott playing as a 10..

• Like 1