IGNORED

Amazon Prime

Super

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Standard MO for Amazon - move slowly, horizontally and vertically subsidising new ventures and charging a cost that's supposed to barely break even or knowingly make a loss - reduce barriers to entry and eventually wipe out the competition before slowly increasing costs.

Yep, thats what did for us. thanks . Still use them tho, all's fair in love and war etc.

Prime is pretty shite tho for TV

3 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Yep, thats what did for us. thanks . Still use them tho, all's fair in love and war etc.

Prime is pretty shite tho for TV

Oh yeah I wouldn't want it to sound like I don't use them or even have a problem with them - I have echo's, an Amazon TV and prime.

Prime TV is pretty shite but it's all slowly slowly catchy monkey with Amazon, they will continue to analyse watching patterns and figure out what people like and make it enough to keep people on the platform.

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Was only 8-0 at HT. A goal every 4 minutes second half. Do goals not count as added time? There was only 3 minutes extra 

They conceded 4 goals in 5 minutes around the 80 minute mark, so I would like to think the referee took pity on a tiring Latvian team.

It IS an utterly pointless game of football...surely sport is all about competition.....and this was not about competition?  Just constantly putting the ball in a net is meaningless, and talk of goal records is just pathetic.  Makes womens football look sub standard and lame IMHO.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It IS an utterly pointless game of football...surely sport is all about competition.....and this was not about competition?  Just constantly putting the ball in a net is meaningless, and talk of goal records is just pathetic.  Makes womens football look sub standard and lame IMHO.

Did you watch the men against San Marino the other week?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Totally agree & just gives fuel to those who want to belittle women’s football.

It is comparatively a sport only played successfully by few European nations (there were other double figure wins on the same night) so badly needs some sort of seeding/pre qualification system to reduce these meaningless contests.

Your point about sport needing to be competitive is spot on, I am not a rugby fan but recall in the first men’s World Cup New Zealand beating a couple of sides by 100 points, which just highlighted that it was a sport again played by too few nations at the top level.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Did you see the Latvian keepers goal

kick in the last few minutes on social media ??

1 hour ago, Super said:

Did you watch the men against San Marino the other week?

Yep I did thanks........the San marino game was the exception that proves the rule.  I DO NOT see the point in the England men's team playing that game, but it was a very rare situation, whereas in women' s  football scores of that nature are commonplace.  There is an elite   dozen of women's international' teams, and then an extremely poor majority.  In men's football the reverse is true.  Some sort of seeding should be introduced to prevent these sort of games, which are completely pointless, and must demoralise teams like Latvia, and do them no favours?

• Like 1