IGNORED

Amazon Prime

Super

25 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Agreed!

When he was linked to the AFC wimbledon job - she belittled it! Even though its several levels (being kind) above the level shes managing at!

Even though its several levels (being kind) above the level shes managing at!

In your opinion.

What matters is what she thinks surely ?

I love OTIB, the only place I've ever known where people that agree call each other names because a sentence has highlighted something different than what they would highlight.

Reading this it's fairly obvious that people are finding it hard to find a female pundit that they value the opinion of, they are also finding it hard to find too many male pundits they value the opinion of. On a forum with many views about football I don't find this surprising but can't figure out why people start getting personal.

9 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Even though its several levels (being kind) above the level shes managing at!

In your opinion.

What matters is what she thinks surely ?

Are you trying to tell me that the womens game in the prem, is better than the lower leagues ?

She would be very lucky to get the wimbledon job, if she wanted to get into the mens game as a manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Are you trying to tell me that the womens game in the prem, is better than the lower leagues ?

She would be very lucky to get the wimbledon job, if she wanted to get into the mens game as a manager.

AFC Wimbledon would beat the womens chelsea team about 10-0

that’s not  to say though however that she can’t do the Wimbledon job or indeed do well at it 

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

AFC Wimbledon would beat the womens chelsea team about 10-0

that’s not  to say though however that she can’t do the Wimbledon job or indeed do well at it 

Who knows, but wimbledon would be good job to try no? cos she thinks its beneath her.

15 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I love OTIB, the only place I've ever known where people that agree call each other names because a sentence has highlighted something different than what they would highlight.

Reading this it's fairly obvious that people are finding it hard to find a female pundit that they value the opinion of, they are also finding it hard to find too many male pundits they value the opinion of. On a forum with many views about football I don't find this surprising but can't figure out why people start getting personal.

Idiot!

?????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

You do understand her coaching abilities can be those of someone above Wimbledons level right ?

You need to not compare the womens and mens game. 

Some of the best coaches in the world work at youth levels for instance.

Just now, VT05763 said:

You do understand her coaching abilities can be those of someone above Wimbledons level right ?

You need to not compare the womens and mens game. 

Some of the best coaches in the world work at youth levels for instance.

Sweeping statement! Who are these beat coaches in the world operating at youth level?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pezo said:

Why do I feel like this is Amazon just starting to test the water before wiping the floor with Sky and BT.

Testing? Amazon started PL broadcasts in 2019. It's also not competition to the others, rather as Scudamore realised it's a very useful alternate broadcast outlet.

Amazon got games when BT needed to downsize having realised they'd paid far over the odds for their rights and few decided switching to BT was worth it. Sky does and will continue to drive the viewing numbers in the UK. Without them Premier rights aren't worth half as much as few will subscribe to Prime just for their TV channel.

It's a mix that works for both Premier and consumer. Much as why NFL flogged games to Nickelodeon - now there's a tie-up!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Emma Hayes hasn't managed at EFL level but Gazza has. So is Gazza a better manager?

19 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Emma Hayes hasn't managed at EFL level but Gazza has. So is Gazza a better manager?

Probably not. 

Point is Emma Hayes has managed in the womens game. Which is nothing like the mens game, especially at professional level. 

So like most managers, who don’t have a big name, she would have to start at a lower level, if she wanted to go into the mens game.

Wimbledon would be quite a high level given her limited experience 

• Like 1

Prime is better than Sky and BT. Jon Champion, Peter Drury and Clive Tyldesley with Ally McCoist as a Co-commentator is absolutely worth watching and I watched both games last night (2nd half of Leeds vs Palace) and it is way better than the product Sky put out there, BT is ok for Champions League but poor for domestic football.

I do think Carragher, Keane and Souness are excellent pundits on Sky but there is a part of me that thinks Sky encourage them to say controversial statements to get views on social media and to draw in viewers. Amazon a bit rough around the edges but feels less commercial than SKY or BT and much more pure.

It is rather interesting to see how Soccer Saturday is now without Tommo, Le Tiss and Charlie Nicholas, I have to say I think it's a really poor listen/watch now and when Stelling leaves I'm unsure it will ever recover to the peak it hit about 10 years ago with the usual 5/6 being on the panel every Saturday. 

My preference of pundits will always be with the former footballers who played at the top of their game for an extended period of time (I often listen to John Giles, Liam Brady and Eamon Dunphy in Ireland) all are much more compelling to listen to than the soundbites you hear from ex players like Jamie O'Hara, Clinton Morrison, Trevor Sinclair and the like. 

I don't have a problem with Women being pundits on Men's football, but I am much more likely to listen to a Former Men's Pro who was at the top of their game for a long time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Probably not. 

Point is Emma Hayes has managed in the womens game. Which is nothing like the mens game, especially at professional level. 

So like most managers, who don’t have a big name, she would have to start at a lower level, if she wanted to go into the mens game.

She might be better coming in and coaching at the appropriate men’s level first.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Probably not. 

She's got more experience than Lampard, Gerrard had when they got Derby and Rangers jobs.  They had limited to no experience 

Just now, The Bard said:

She's got more experience than Lampard, Gerrard had when they got Derby and Rangers jobs.  They had limited to no experience 

Yes, but they are big names. They are the exception to the rule. But at least they played in the mens game. Emma hayes hasn’t played or coached in the mens game. 

10 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Probably not. 

I think she is fast becoming a big name.

The exact same arguments were used against employing foreign managers. That's changed because someone started taking risks. The same will happen with female coaches.  It's inevitable unless the Taliban take over

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Yes, but they are big names. They are the exception to the rule. But at least they played in the mens game. Emma hayes hasn’t played or coached in the mens game. 

They've played at the highest level of the Men's game and the impact of Gerrard, Rooney or Lampard going into a club would be much greater than appointing an unknown quantity. I don't even know why gender comes into it, the Men's game is totally different level to Women's, her credentials at the top of Women's football is probably on par to the National League of Men's. It's not fair to compare her to Gerrard when he played at top level Men's football for about 20 years and worked under some of the World's greatest managers, which he would have learned from.

It isn't sexist against Emma Hayes to think she is not anywhere near ready for a job at the higher levels of the Men's game.

• Like 1

Just now, The Bard said:

I think she is fast becoming a big name.

The exact same arguments were used against employing foreign managers. That's changed because someone started taking risks. The same will happen with female coaches.  It's inevitable unless the Taliban take over

It will happen if a team can get a competitive advantage out of it. It’s certainly going to be interesting seeing what happens the first time someone takes a chance. It has to be for the right reasons though (that they are the best candidate) and at the moment I haven’t seen a female pundit that I think would do well in the top 4 leagues but happy to be proved wrong.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

How many 10 goal margins do you see in men's international football? There've been 3 in the last 24 hours of women's qualifiers.

Do you know what? I used to be like that.

Not proper football, ridiculous scores, can’t  head, shoot, no tactical awareness. … and the goalkeepers. In fact, there’s probably some postings of mine on here sometime back commenting as such.

I take it as pure entertainment now. I was entertained with England playing the type of football I enjoy, with genuine desire, commitment and no little skill. Use of full width of pitch, speedy wingers, great crosses and lethal finishing…what’s not to like?

Far more entertained than watching an England men’s side playing slow crab football across the pitch. Entertained far more than watching Bristol City men attempt to string more than 2 passes together, avoiding at all costs making a hard tackle or creating something resembling a team identity. 

I’m as far from Woke as it’s possible to get…. but I’ve had more enjoyment watching England Women football and rugby sides rattle up big scores over the last few weeks than watching the City Men for 3 seasons now. There’s also little to no play acting or disrespecting the referees which is a welcome bonus as well. Watching Bristol City women for free hasn’t been a bad use of time either. 

• Like 3