IGNORED

Amazon Prime

Super

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well… a precedent has now been set that a game will be stopped in such a scenario. That means it must be highlighted. I imagine they used to just crack on with it. 

At one time, we just used to put the injured in the car park and left it to the ambulance to collect them.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Saying he expects Newcastle to spend "£200 - £300m in January" and then survive is stupid in any accent.

They can spend that amount, the tight approach under Ashley means they are way off breaking P&S rules.

But I'd argue they could sign 4 or 5 players of top quality...and it won't get them safe.

They basically need an absolute minimum of 30 more points. That gets them to 37, and an outside chance of survival. Ideally they need to hit 40, so need 33 more. They've got 24 games to do that. So they need to go from 0.5ppg to nearly 1.5 ppg, and they need to do that overnight. Their xG is appalling, and last night they were hopeless.

Furthermore, by the end of January they will have played another 9 matches including against Man City, Liverpool, plus so-called "6 pointers" against Burnley, Watford and Leeds. After those 9 games they would have only 15 remaining remaining games. So realistically unless they get 15+ points from the 9 games between now and the end of January, they could be looking at needing nearly 2 ppg to stay safe. 2 ppg is top 4 form.

It's not happening. I don't care if they sign Salah, Kante, Lukaku, Donnarumma and van Dijk in January. They're relegated.

They're going down. And I cannot wait. Full of their own self righteousness. 

Their last 5 games are 2 teams who will be battling relegation with them, 2 teams going for the title, and arsenal who will more than likely be challenging for the 4th CL spot. They'll be lucky to get 2 points out of an available 15. And they won't be safe before those fixtures come around. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Their last 5 games are 2 teams who will be battling relegation with them, 2 teams going for the title, and arsenal who will more than likely be challenging for the 4th CL spot. They'll be lucky to get 2 points out of an available 15. And they won't be safe before those fixtures come around. 

Seen some of their fans saying "we're only 6 points from 17th"...well yeh, or you could say that the team in 17th has nearly double your points.

They should have lost last night as well. Norwich had chances, always will v 10 men.

Shame the Champ will be a done deal next season, but hey ho. We won't be contesting promotion anyway.

9 hours ago, The Batman said:

At least they'll have a new stadium to enjoy playing Barnsley in

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Seen some of their fans saying "we're only 6 points from 17th"...well yeh, or you could say that the team in 17th has nearly double your points.

They should have lost last night as well. Norwich had chances, always will v 10 men.

Shame the Champ will be a done deal next season, but hey ho. We won't be contesting promotion anyway.

That’s why I wouldn’t want to see Newcastle get relegated. I’d be delighted if they stayed up on goal difference.

Lordy, these commentators don’t get it do they?

Ref blew after the ball crossed the line. It was VAR/4th official who told him to allow it. 

Ref was originally disallowing it and indicated to Arsenal players as such.

Well done VAR/4th official. 

The ref had to award a goal. 

Hopefully this will make players think again when they feign injury and roll around like they've been shot every time the wind changes direction. Get this culture out of football ASAP. 

Also Simon Thomas was speaking pre game about ramsdale's keeper stats and said he was second only to Mendy. Unfortunately for him, he said Benjamin Mendy and not Edouard Mendy. 

About time Benjamin Mendy got a mention in the sporting media. They try and ignore it but they won't be able to do it much longer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

No he was fine and if he’d be bothered looking up he could easily save it. 

Definitely on de Gea as far as I’m concerned. The reason we don’t see goals like that is because the keeper will get up and defend his goal until the ball is cleared and then go down if he feels it necessary. 
Rolling round with his back to play. I realise Fred went down his Achilles and it would’ve been painful, but come on.

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s all it’ll be tomorrow on talkSPORT  & ssn . 
I can predict the Jim white narrative now . It’s unsporting behaviour Simon blah blah blah 

Good god I’m glad I won’t be driving when he’s on tomorrow. Used to think he was alright on SSN but 3 hours of him thinking he’s the white knight of footballing justice every day is too much. Jordan is excellent on the other hand I must admit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bert Trautman he aint 

Did you listen to 20Man’s interview with Con Sullivan on Monday Evening?  For background for those of you that don’t know, Con is a former City GK and at 93 is our oldest living player, and went on to play for Arsenal.

He talked about a German GK who was a PoW and how Alec Eisantrager had tried to get him a trial at City, but they already had 3 keepers, one of whom was Con.  that keeper was Bert Trautmann!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did you listen to 20Man’s interview with Con Sullivan on Monday Evening?  For background for those of you that don’t know, Con is a former City GK and at 93 is our oldest living player, and went on to play for Arsenal.

He talked about a German GK who was a PoW and how Alec Eisantrager had tried to get him a trial at City, but they already had 3 keepers, one of whom was Con.  that keeper was Bert Trautmann!

Spooky