IGNORED

Frankie Fielding

Silvio Dante

36 minutes ago, westonred said:

As Bentley is one of the only players with a reasonable transfer value i would probably signed FF on a free and sold Bents (reluctantly) in the Jan window to get some much needed transfer kitty

Omg really! I thought he was a weak link for us when he was in his prime! And aging declining frankie is just sentimental clap trap!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big respect to Frankie Fielding - I recall him doing lots of work with Children’s Hospice South West during his time here with us.

On the subject of selling Bentley - he’s a great, great keeper. However we are failing to keep clean sheets (fwiw I don’t feel he is at fault for this). 

Would selling him generate enough funds to recruit a quality striker? 

I’m not sure.

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Glad he’s got himself fixed up, best of luck to him.

Top bloke who was excellent in the promotion season & did ok at Championship level, plus of course his wonderful stuff with St Peter’s Hospice.

Agree entirely. But not the time for sentimental returns. 

I think Bentley will want to move on come the summer but unless it was silly money January is not the time.

He would need to be replaced as Max scares the life out of me !

To understand how massively underrated Fielding was here you just have to look at some of the rubbish that’s written on these very pages about Bentley. Both good Championship keepers. Fielding won us far more points than he lost. But here on otib we love going for the keepers throat. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Frankie is a top, top bloke with a positive energy and a great person to have around a club , like Scotty.

He is nowhere near the best keeper , technically that we’ve ever had . His kicking wasn’t very accurate and he never dominated his box but did a job and saw off a number of pretenders for his place as our number 1. 
I wouldn’t have him back though as much as I love the bloke’s attitude and personality. 

Bentley is a good keeper not a great keeper, Great shot stopper yes, keeper no.  What is most frustrating with Bentley is his ability to read a cross, could of and should of cut out these crosses low across the six yard box. The second goal Sunday one example. Scared to come out and flatten players on high balls into the box.  IMO..
I wouldn’t want him to be sold, these minor problems in his game can be solved with coaching. 

As for Franky great player for team and the club. 

14 hours ago, westonred said:

As Bentley is one of the only players with a reasonable transfer value i would probably signed FF on a free and sold Bents (reluctantly) in the Jan window to get some much needed transfer kitty

Good god no.  I'm just about getting my blood pressure under control.  I don't need Mad Frankie re-signing and buggering all that up!

15 hours ago, westonred said:

Sell Bentley. Get Max out on loan for some experience. Sign FF on a free as back up to Ivan Lucic.

• Haha 1